Home

New CAP system

This is a discussion on New CAP system within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2017, 09:53 PM   #449
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: New CAP system

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
People were upset when they removed the halftime show but it didn't change anything.

Sometimes they have to take a step back to move forward when taking on a massive project overhaul to do it right.
Interesting perspective
Old 09-09-2017, 09:54 PM   #450
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

In all seriousness whether it's spamming, whining, whatever, 2K already knows what they need to do and that is just make a decent CAP system. Relatively simple solution that they keep failing to address or fix year after year. That's not a complaint, that's just being real.

On another note, does anyone know for a fact that CAP is as bad as the system for my player? Do we have confirmation that it's the exact same? I would go back and read but I don't really have the time or desire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-09-2017, 09:56 PM   #451
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
In all seriousness whether it's spamming, whining, whatever, 2K already knows what they need to do and that is just make a decent CAP system. Relatively simple solution that they keep failing to address or fix year after year. That's not a complaint, that's just being real.

On another note, does anyone know for a fact that CAP is as bad as the system for my player? Do we have confirmation that it's the exact same? I would go back and read but I don't really have the time or desire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian Mazique basically confirmed that the only real changes between the offline CAP and MyPlayer, are unlocked hairstyles and no tattoos
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2017, 10:00 PM   #452
Banned

NewBreed1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
...and yes your complaining is not going to help anything at all. You can bet your moms house that LD2K is NOT taking any of that nonsense back to 2K
Any of what nonsense? Tell me what nonsense I posted.
Old 09-09-2017, 10:04 PM   #453
MVP

Trent Booty's Arena

Damn, people here getting **** on for voicing their displeasure with 2K....I feel like I'm in the Madden forum. This is the main thread for the horrendous CAP system this year. I'm really disappointed with what's been shown for CAP this year and I'll leave it at that.

Last edited by Trent Booty; 09-09-2017 at 10:07 PM.
Old 09-09-2017, 10:06 PM   #454
Rookie

Chas3's Arena

If it doesn't improve in the real game, then I think a logical explanation would be that 2k is trying to push for their face scan option to help advertise the 2k app.
Old 09-09-2017, 10:14 PM   #455
Pro

JJRuelz's Arena

OVR: 4

Why are people so close happy around here?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2017, 10:14 PM   #456
MVP

OVR: 13

Longtime 2k customer-

I have seen 'robust' used repeatedly over the years by 2k and customers to describe the CAP.

Just my opinion -
I do not believe there has been any real effort to provide a CAP that matches their obvious programming abilities. They annually put out an above average game that is excellent in many areas, but CAP has always been lacking.

If the rest of the game was at the level of their CAP over the years, how many of us would be buying that game every year? I would not be buying it.

The reality of the 2k strategy for CAP? -they do not want to create a CAP too realistic. I think it would hurt the sales of the following year, if they ever gave us a truly 'robust' CAP.

Hopefully, we will see it improve- it has been a known issue for several years now.

Should be no excuses.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »