Home

NBA 2K18 HD sim type gameplay

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 HD sim type gameplay within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2017, 02:30 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K18 HD sim type gameplay

Finally some SIM play great find indeed. Melo being aggressive on the block brought a tear to my eyes....💯

Sent from my SM-G930T using Operation Sports mobile app

-Freddy
Old 09-13-2017, 02:32 PM   #18
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

Best gameplay vid yet imo. Disappointed that 2k still has the Spurs version of Baynes in the game...
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 09-13-2017, 02:38 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hey guys!

Thanks a lot for posting my last video here.

The game was played on the All-Star Difficulty. It is the patched version. Had it immediately when I installed the game on my XOne.

I was at the 2K party in France one week ago and I had a very good feedback from the game. I was a little concerned but the different levels of modification made to the AI are great. All I can say is that this first good impression is confirmed. 2K18 is really fun to play from a tactical/realistic standpoint.

You can see it clearly while playing the Knicks for example : 3/4 touches. The ball goes to Melo who plays it ISO from the High Post. Pretty realistic right?
On the other hand, Tatum versus Porzi on the wing. You can see Lee comming from the weak side to pre-rotate (anticipating the help defense) knowing that Porzi would be beaten on his matchup. Really clever.

Well, it looks like basketball. It feels like basketball. It is basketball!
Old 09-13-2017, 02:46 PM   #20
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Best gameplay vid yet imo. Disappointed that 2k still has the Spurs version of Baynes in the game...
Spurs version is the best version tbh

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2017, 02:47 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blhite
Hey guys!

Thanks a lot for posting my last video here.

The game was played on the All-Star Difficulty. It is the patched version. Had it immediately when I installed the game on my XOne.

I was at the 2K party in France one week ago and I had a very good feedback from the game. I was a little concerned but the different levels of modification made to the AI are great. All I can say is that this first good impression is confirmed. 2K18 is really fun to play from a tactical/realistic standpoint.

You can see it clearly while playing the Knicks for example : 3/4 touches. The ball goes to Melo who plays it ISO from the High Post. Pretty realistic right?
On the other hand, Tatum versus Porzi on the wing. You can see Lee comming from the weak side to pre-rotate (anticipating the help defense) knowing that Porzi would be beaten on his matchup. Really clever.

Well, it looks like basketball. It feels like basketball. It is basketball!
After that luckluster stream from 2K it was pure joy to watch your video. I watched it in its entirety and was grinning during some parts, like watching Melo go to work. Any chance you'll post another video like that with different teams?

Last edited by MacD; 09-13-2017 at 02:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2017, 02:48 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Scroll to about the 5th post

NBA 2K18 Gameplay Blog
Thank you, Rockie.
Old 09-13-2017, 03:01 PM   #23
Rookie

I have a Rockets/Thunder coming soon (3 or 4 hours). Same settings : 4*5min, All-Star Difficulty.
I'm curious to see how Westbrook game is retranscripted in 2k18. He played so poorly in 2K17.
I'll try to play better too. Way to many mistakes in that "Game 1"
Old 09-13-2017, 03:07 PM   #24
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blhite
I have a Rockets/Thunder coming soon (3 or 4 hours). Same settings : 4*5min, All-Star Difficulty.
I'm curious to see how Westbrook game is retranscripted in 2k18. He played so poorly in 2K17.
I'll try to play better too. Way to many mistakes in that "Game 1"
That is a much more interesting matchup. Thanks for the video Blhite, can't wait for the next one

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »