Home

Mygm story is scriptated

This is a discussion on Mygm story is scriptated within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2017, 03:15 PM   #17
Pro

rwntrl's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Mygm story is scriptated

Owner wanted Tyus Jones to replace Fultz as the franchise PG in my playthrough.
Old 09-18-2017, 03:44 PM   #18
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredette
i have no problem with the story-sequences in mygm, but when i hear you get forced to do a trade then its getting silly.

i now played 15 games in mygm and the owner wants vince carter? really? don't get me wrong, vince carter was great player in his prime but....wtf?

i'm playing with a rebuild team and the owner wants a 40 year old player...lmao...otherwise i really enjoy mygm, but such things makes it worse ...
Yea Vince Carter isn't even the forced one, but also a head scratcher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwntrl
Owner wanted Tyus Jones to replace Fultz as the franchise PG in my playthrough.

LOL wow....
Old 09-18-2017, 03:51 PM   #19
Pro

nddot's Arena

OVR: 2

Adding a story to this mode was the most unnecessary thing they could do.
It makes no damn sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-19-2017, 03:35 PM   #20
MVP

I would just chalk it up to having a stupid owner. Everyone knows there has been teams with dumb owners who make the GM do his bidding. James Dolan of the Knicks comes to mind, also what the Cleveland owner did when LeBron left for the Heat. How about the old Clippers owner? I think as the GM sometimes you can't do what you want and the owner can boss you around like this.
Old 09-19-2017, 06:18 PM   #21
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbits11
I would just chalk it up to having a stupid owner. Everyone knows there has been teams with dumb owners who make the GM do his bidding. James Dolan of the Knicks comes to mind, also what the Cleveland owner did when LeBron left for the Heat. How about the old Clippers owner? I think as the GM sometimes you can't do what you want and the owner can boss you around like this.
This is a bit off-topic, but there's a great series of videos on YouTube by a user named UrinatingTree (yes, really, that's his handle). The "LOLcow" series.

He usually focuses on football and hockey, but he's done videos on the Sixers, Nets, Knicks and Kings, as well as the downfall of the once-great ESPN. He's from Pittsburgh, so he doesn't have an NBA team to rip on, but he doesn't show favoritism either--he recently did a video on the Steelers.

His video on the Kings, by coincidence, came out the DAY of the DeMarcus Cousins trade, so he was forced to immediately do a short follow-up video on that one.

It's some great stuff. Check it out sometime. Just be warned there is R-rated language.

Anyway, I get what 2K was going for here. If you have a hands-off owner like the Spurs' Peter Holt, then there wouldn't be much challenge, would there? The thing they were almost certainly going for was how you, the new GM, handle executive meddling from your boss sticking his nose and hands where they don't belong. Can you succeed despite it?

Let's be thankful most of this goes away after season 1. I haven't gotten there yet, but apparently it goes back to the way it was in years past once the second season starts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2017, 06:22 PM   #22
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
They are forced cause it's part of the story. The owners wants a guy and he will keep reminding you and get more and more mad if you don't do it. Then eventually, the trade just happens automatically anyway. It's terrible IMO.

If this is the case, then that sucks, and I gues another yr goes by without ever being able to play MyGM. Because if my owner wanted Derrick Rose, and eventually he just showed up on my rosters, I would likley be mad enough to put my fist thru my PS4, as I cant stand Rose, I think he is a worthless piece of garbage on and off floor.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-19-2017, 06:40 PM   #23
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

Welp only sticking to MyLeague again this year. 2k, just make MyGM realistic enough I don't have to control 30 teams for terrible trades and illogical roster moves.
Old 09-19-2017, 06:54 PM   #24
Rookie

Mygm was a huge let down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »