Home

Layups with no meter -Da_Czar

This is a discussion on Layups with no meter -Da_Czar within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2017, 06:47 PM   #25
Pro

dramachild11's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Layups with no meter -Da_Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtics4Life
And yet My Career players vs MY GM/Team go head to head again. The issue is mainly with My Career. Guy above me posted the most obvious. If you grab an offense rebound it's 50/50 put back with no contest from defender. Just because they stand there does not mean it should miss. Nobody wants 100% and yes layups do miss but 50% just because someone is looking at you.

Same is if you beat your defender and go for a layup. Just because there is someone standing there does not mean there should be 50/50 make ration.

Please no more education on NBA players miss layups too. Yes they also miss dunks but at what % 5 ? Maybe less? Definitely not at this rate.
The first line of this post is the exact reason for why there can't ever be a true consensus on gameplay, the two modes just play differently in certain aspects..

People need to check finishing at the rim stats to understand that even the best players in the league usually only are between 45% an 60% success rate so getting a lay up doesn't assume a make... if you have an issue with missing wide open layups where there is no obvious contest from a defender then that's probably a reason to pay more attention to the vibration but if someone is contesting a lay up you just assume you have a 50/50 shot of making it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2017, 06:50 PM   #26
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I hate to say it, but it's the "only play online" folks that ruined the gameplay last year. Why do I say that? Because 2k listens to them the most when they complain because they spend money on VC.

What they say is "broken" is what gets fixed. If they don't like how layups are, then layups will unfortunately be fixed to be easier.

IMO, layups are perfectly fine this year once you figure out the timing, but I'm not holding my breath that they won't be easier in the coming weeks and months.
I'm scared to death that the son or nephew of one of Mike's bosses is going to complain too much, and Mike's going to be ordered to weaken the gameplay difficulty.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 09-19-2017, 06:51 PM   #27
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

I say this each year. Throughout the history of basketball video games, layups EASILY went in at an unrealistically high rate. So when we get anything close to realism is presented, we think it is too much. Plus based on past history, people don't what an open/wide open layup really is. (In the context of 2K).

2K uses PROXIMITY (awareness) to determine how open someone is. Defensive stats of the closest defender in proximity of the shooter alters the potential shot %. Height also plays a role. Fatigue plays a role. Momentum plays a role.

So it isn't just a "Layup in a vacuum" that is being missed, there are other factors. But again, provide videos for context and send it to DEVS on social media, or post them here if you chose.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:33 PM   #28
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

The Da Czar has been and will probably continue to drop all kinds of knowledge on us about the game, but unfortunately most people won't see it and will just continue to melt down instead of seeking out non patch related solutions.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:31 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC
I say this each year. Throughout the history of basketball video games, layups EASILY went in at an unrealistically high rate. So when we get anything close to realism is presented, we think it is too much. Plus based on past history, people don't what an open/wide open layup really is. (In the context of 2K).

2K uses PROXIMITY (awareness) to determine how open someone is. Defensive stats of the closest defender in proximity of the shooter alters the potential shot %. Height also plays a role. Fatigue plays a role. Momentum plays a role.

So it isn't just a "Layup in a vacuum" that is being missed, there are other factors. But again, provide videos for context and send it to DEVS on social media, or post them here if you chose.

i still dont think you guys get it. I've gone over this with so many guys who call themselves sim ballers.

listen to me on this point:

If I'm 7 feet tall with a layup rating of 90 or above. and there is no defender next to me. How many layups should I miss out of 100? 10 thats why its rated 90. as in 90% of the time out of 100 attempts you will make 90 layups if you release it at the right time with no one on or close to you. But here's the kicker. wang just said you get a BOOST if you release at the perfect time(right on the buzz of the controller.) that should boost that 90% of the time or that 90 rating to lets say a 95 rating or 95% of the time. But if I release my layup slighty early, slight late. I should still be at the 90 rating clip per mike wang. now if i release it very late or very early. lets say that goes down to 80 to 85 layup rating. 80% to 85% of the time . meaning I miss layups alone 15 to 20% of the time if i release the layup very late or very early.

The problem with complaining about fg%'s vs discussing what really happens in games to give real games those percentages. You end up with Devs nerfing good layups/dunks to FORCE a lower FG%.

for instance.

In real life.

If prime shaq is alone in the paint. he's literally going to miss maybe 5 out of 1000 tries and thats only because he will dunk a few too hard and it will bounce off the rim.

But when you SIM ballers say" real game fg% or real people fg% is really closer to 50% or 48%). then the devs will make shaq in that same above scenario miss approx 500 dunks/layups just to FORCE the fg% you sim guys think is legit per what shaq's stats are in real life and what a teams fg% is in real life.

using real life %'s for the player and the teams. should only be forced for SIMULATED CPU/AI controlled games. not humans vs human.

Nothing should force my shaq like my player to miss a layup except me holding the shot stick or the x button(xbox) wayy too long or releasing it wayyy to early. Or defenders.

This means I will kill you until you stop me. bring 1, that may not be enough. you better call for a double team. Now might shaq like guy's fg% goes from 90% to 55%(realistic). if you dont know how to slow me down you should get destroyed until you figure it out or find another game to play because you're not good at this one. This is what 2k does not want. they dont want people quitting and not playing their game because you have to be a basketball know it all in order to compete at a high level.
right now all you need to do is know a little about basketball and a lot about triggering certain animations. that will make you elite on any nba 2k.

real basketball is a chess match. you are killing my guy with D.cousins. so i have to front cousins, leaving the lob pass open. can your pg or other guys toss the correct pass to cousins over the top ? or will that get tipped or stolen? chess. what if the defense brings a helper while the ball is in the air to get behind cousins to stop his initial turn and go up move.

now that is leaving the doubler's man open on the wing. if cousins tip passes it to the wing. that guy is wide open..if the original passer fakes the pass to cousins. i might have accidentally bit the fake and ran towards cousins to help. then you end up hitting the corner wing player for a wide open 3. BAM. for threeee. now its hard as hell for me to guard your team. because now i dont know if you're going back to cousins if i play one vs one on him or are you going to kick it out for the open 3. This is the CHESS of real basketball.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:33 PM   #30
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
The Da Czar has been and will probably continue to drop all kinds of knowledge on us about the game, but unfortunately most people won't see it and will just continue to melt down instead of seeking out non patch related solutions.
yall can keep saying it but it doesnt make it true. Some of this stuff is broken in the game at the moment. it always is when the game drops. some stuff is preference and doesnt need to be touched. the blown layups when you're alone with a high rated layup person. is not realistic at all. you should not have to release your layup at the perfect time to make said layups. thats silly. now if you're defended or your guys has a low layup rating, then by all means you better release it at the perfect time or else you will brick the layup.

if i can make freethrows without having a perfect release everytime. I darn sure should be able to make layups with a 7 foot big with a 90 layup rating, even without releasing it perfectly at the right time.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:11 PM   #31
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Leaves layups alone. It's sad I am worried each passing day that 2K will give in and start making changes. Makes me somewhat miss the days games just what they was when released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2017, 01:21 PM   #32
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
Leaves layups alone. It's sad I am worried each passing day that 2K will give in and start making changes. Makes me somewhat miss the days games just what they was when released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dont leave layups alone at least not for some archetypes. you should not blow that many layups in a game when you're 6'10+ feet tall, with a super high layup rating. assuming you're not 2 years old and its not your first time playing 2k and you're not going up against a bunch of defenders in the paint. you should make a huge majority of those layups alone. stop with the silly blown layups when wide open.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »