Home

NBA 2K18 - Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 - Trade Discussion Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2018, 07:01 PM   #481
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: NBA 2K18 - Trade Discussion Thread

I have put Marcus Smart on the trade block around the New Year and I have received two trade offers so far.

1) Buddy Hield for Smart
This doesn’t make much sense as the Kings are doing bad and Heild suits their rebuild over Smarts expiring contract.

2) Was offered Simmons and 2019 for Smart and a first. Simmons hasn’t worked out for the Magic who find themselves far back of a playoff spot. They placed him on the trade block. He would suit a bench scorer and defender perfect for me. Simmons is averaging 12 PPG and is making 6 mil the next 3 years. Smart is expiring and will give the magic some financial room at free agents.

Does this deal make sense, or will I have to give the first rounder? Smart has a lot of trade value so it’s hard to gauge a fair trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2018, 08:20 PM   #482
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJays09
I have put Marcus Smart on the trade block around the New Year and I have received two trade offers so far.

1) Buddy Hield for Smart
This doesn’t make much sense as the Kings are doing bad and Heild suits their rebuild over Smarts expiring contract.

2) Was offered Simmons and 2019 for Smart and a first. Simmons hasn’t worked out for the Magic who find themselves far back of a playoff spot. They placed him on the trade block. He would suit a bench scorer and defender perfect for me. Simmons is averaging 12 PPG and is making 6 mil the next 3 years. Smart is expiring and will give the magic some financial room at free agents.

Does this deal make sense, or will I have to give the first rounder? Smart has a lot of trade value so it’s hard to gauge a fair trade.

On mine smart only wanted like 8 million or so if that’s the case (check contract extensions) then him wanting a new deal isn’t a huge issue. The kings or magic don’t make sense so I would try and find a trade on your own. A team like the thunder comes to mind as he would be a upgrade on offense over Roberson.
Old 01-16-2018, 08:24 PM   #483
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

Yea, but I need scoring and Smart I just can’t use. Smart re upping with the magic doesn’t make sense? They get a defensive star and a draft pick. The thunder wouldn’t be able to offer be bench scoring guards unfortunately.

Any other options that you see?

Old 01-16-2018, 09:00 PM   #484
Rookie

fran33s's Arena

OVR: 1

Dealing Smart because he is an expiring is one thing, but to do it for scoring on a team with Irving, Tatum, Brown, Hayward, and Horford is another. I'm not sure what the focus there is or if I missed you doing a fantasy draft, but seems illogical that the best defender on their team is being traded away for something they have plenty of.

If anything, you can try sending him for Tyreke Evans, who is a known trade target right now. You get your scoring/Sixth man role and the Grizzlies somehow have to try and retain smart, and get a great pick in the draft to use a lineup of something like...

Conley
Smart
Brooks
Bagley
Gasol.
Kansas City Royals
Golden State Warriors
Old 01-17-2018, 03:36 AM   #485
MVP

BlueJays09's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fran33s
Dealing Smart because he is an expiring is one thing, but to do it for scoring on a team with Irving, Tatum, Brown, Hayward, and Horford is another. I'm not sure what the focus there is or if I missed you doing a fantasy draft, but seems illogical that the best defender on their team is being traded away for something they have plenty of.

If anything, you can try sending him for Tyreke Evans, who is a known trade target right now. You get your scoring/Sixth man role and the Grizzlies somehow have to try and retain smart, and get a great pick in the draft to use a lineup of something like...

Conley
Smart
Brooks
Bagley
Gasol.

I may look into Tyreke. First off, Kyrie was out 8-10 weeks. He had about 4-6 left to go. I should have said that. My starters are fine, but my bench has struggled mightily. Besides Morris, no one has really produced. Smart is great defensively and has started for me but has 7.7 PPG. Rozier has 8.1 PPG. One game he scored 20, the next 0. Baynes has stepped up a little, but not a scorer. Theis is more of a defensive player. I had to sign Trey Burke to try and spark my offence but he is also streaky. 19 PPG one game, 5 the next and 1/8.

I am beating the weak teams, but just picked up losses to Philly, OKC, Houston, Cleveland and Indiana. As you can see I am losing to the teams I need to beat to win. Mostly, the games are great, until I sub in the bench, then I am down 10-15. I manage to crawl back and then down again once the starters are out. I have tried mixing up the starters/bench, but that didn’t work either.

I need a more consistent scorer off the bench, who can still play defence and as smart has the most trade value and is a free agent, he makes the most sense to move.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2018, 03:43 AM   #486
Pro

Johnnythelegend's Arena

OVR: 0

What would i have to give up along Chandler Parsons to get Nicolas Batum? Chalmers and a 2nd round pick? Or a 1st with some sort of protection?

Or what do you think about Parons and Chalmers for George Hill?

Last edited by Johnnythelegend; 01-17-2018 at 07:51 AM.
Old 01-17-2018, 08:31 AM   #487
All Star

georgiafan's Arena

OVR: 12

Parsons might have the worst contact in the NBA it would take Multi-pile 1st to trade him and maybe even more

Old 01-17-2018, 10:36 AM   #488
Rookie

OVR: 0

So I'm in my third season and just recently traded Alec Burks for Kyle Kuzma because he had been playing terrible for me. Unfortunately my frontcourt has a serious logjam now. Here are my PF's and C's ;

Andre Drummond - 87 - just signed to three year extension at about $27M a year
Willie Reed - 80 - 29 years old making just 1.9 this year. On last year of deal - expected salary is showing around $7M
Kyle Kuzma - 81 - still has one more year on rookie deal
Harry Giles - 78 - still has one more year on rookie deal
Ivica Zubac - 79 - still has one more year at $3M on extension
John Collins - 81 - still has one more year on rookie deal

Current starting lineup;

Conley - 83 (78 D Rose backing him up)
Buddy Hield - 81
Demarre Carroll - 79
Collins - 81
Drummond - 81

Wings off the bench are a 77 rookie and 77 JJ Reddick.

Any recommendations on best way to leverage that frontcourt into improving my team?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »