Home

NBA 2K18 - Officially The Lowest Rated Edition In A Decade (Professional)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 - Officially The Lowest Rated Edition In A Decade (Professional) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2017, 10:56 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K18 - Officially The Lowest Rated Edition In A Decade (Professional)

I still haven't bought the game yet due to the way they manhandled MyCareer, but I would be tempted if they change a few things.

1. Just remove all the "cinematic" crap. Look at NBA Live, it's way less bull**** and the story actually looks interesting and feels realistic. It's what we want, not this MyPark-esque bull****. For 2K19, I would love it if they just cut the crap, go back to the very first implementation of MyCareer. No cutscenes, just practices and play ball. Maybe a few small and well made presentations when you get drafted and when you win accolades.

2. Make VC carry over from now on. VC should be a global currency that is carried over. That way, there's no sense of "What's the point of playing" and reduces the negative effects of VC on the enjoyment of the game. Also, maybe consider dropping the price of the base edition to 44.99. A yearly title that gets major update every 3 years or so don't deserve the full AAA price.

IMO if they did point 1, I think they'd have so much more time to fix the nagging bugs that have been in the game since 2K15!

I wouldn't have so much grief with the way they implement VC if everything just worked and worked perfectly. If every single mode felt thought out and done with care, probably a very small minority would've complained, even with the grind. But in reality it feels more like VC is the sole focus, and everything that's non-essential to swindling more cash out of you is either removed or neglected.

Show some care to your customers. We're not just numbers on a balance sheet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »