Home

NBA 2K18 - Officially The Lowest Rated Edition In A Decade (Professional)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K18 - Officially The Lowest Rated Edition In A Decade (Professional) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2017, 09:51 AM   #25
MVP

ph33's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K18 - Officially The Lowest Rated Edition In A Decade (Professional)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Stop hating on my happiness, and get you some.
You're satisfied with the game and don't want your happiness ruined...

Why are you in a thread titled "NBA 2K18 - Officially The Lowest Rated Edition In A Decade (Professional)"?

If this game doesn't bug you, nobody should have a problem with that. I'm just wondering why there's a crowd that insists everybody should feel the same level of satisfaction.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2017, 09:54 AM   #26
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh2k

******** async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">

Does this not seem a little tone deaf? There are still dudes out there who pre-ordered and haven't got their day 1 players, and new customers are being given x2 VC for arriving late to the party. This isn't an end of it's lifecycle offer to tempt people, this is a pre-tipoff game that rewards players for arriving late to the party. I didn't pre-order, but the guys that did should be rewarded.
2K Sports (Marketing really) is trying to offset the low scores and the complaints about the microtransactions by offering more VC to people who haven't bought the game yet.

It's really a good idea, truthfully.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:03 AM   #27
Banned

Quote:
2K Sports (Marketing really) is trying to offset the low scores and the complaints about the microtransactions by offering more VC to people who haven't bought the game yet.

It's really a good idea, truthfully.
I agree it's a good idea, but it still seems tone deaf and a kick in the balls to guys that pre-ordered.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:08 AM   #28
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
You're satisfied with the game and don't want your happiness ruined...

Why are you in a thread titled "NBA 2K18 - Officially The Lowest Rated Edition In A Decade (Professional)"?

If this game doesn't bug you, nobody should have a problem with that. I'm just wondering why there's a crowd that insists everybody should feel the same level of satisfaction.
Read my original posts...they were mostly focused on the microtransactions which I feel is the main reason why the scores are mostly low. In most reviews that I read, the gameplay has been praised countless times. The general consensus that I get is that the gameplay is stellar, and the developers should get the praise they deserve. However, the company decision regarding the microtransactions is taking away their shine.

The game does have its bugs/glitches which I have acknowledged in other threads. However, let's be real. If VC and certain items was given out generously, this would be 2K highest rated game to date. The MyGM/MyLeague people, on the outside looking in, might have some genuine beef with the game, but the other players would overlook the minor bugs since they would have their precious 99-rated player and 20+ maxed badges.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:12 AM   #29
MVP

ph33's Arena

Quote:
Read my original posts...they were mostly focused on the microtransactions which I feel is the main reason why the scores are mostly low. In most reviews that I read, the gameplay has been praised countless times. The general consensus that I get is that the gameplay is stellar, and the developers should get the praise they deserve. However, the company decision regarding the microtransactions is taking away their shine.

The game does have its bugs/glitches which I have acknowledged in other threads. However, let's be real. If VC and certain items was given out generously, this would be 2K highest rated game to date. The MyGM/MyLeague people, on the outside looking in, might have some genuine beef with the game, but the other players would overlook the minor bugs since they would have their precious 99-rated player and 20+ maxed badges.
I have the game to play Pro-AM and I have not been able to play a single game because of this region lock non-sense. Meanwhile, my other go-to mode, Online Leagues, has been an afterthought for the last 8 years. None of that has anything to do with VC.

I respect your opinion, but mine is that this game deserves to be called out for all of that. The positives do not outweigh the negatives this year.

Last edited by ph33; 10-17-2017 at 10:14 AM.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:14 AM   #30
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh2k
I agree it's a good idea, but it still seems tone deaf and a kick in the balls to guys that pre-ordered.
I agree. It looks it was a case where the TPTB of 2K Sports (I actually decided to stop blaming the developer) didn't anticipate the backlash they got from the microtransactions, and now they're trying to "save" their future sales. Especially considering that the holiday season is right around the corner.

As much as I hate to admit it, we were the consumer feedback group that tested the theory of "If the gameplay is solid enough, will consumers accept this new VC business model?".

Never mind the bugs/glitches, because most of those things will eventually get patched before Christmas and Black Friday.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:20 AM   #31
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

As an avid offline franchise sports gamer, this is quite simply one of the GOAT sports titles I have ever played on a console.

Simple as that. Warts and all. The gameplay is outstanding, the presentation top shelf, the depth of franchise is great. 30 team control allows me to mitigate AI quirks (which are in every single sports title since franchise modes began they are always quirks and bugs we have always had to workaround being this is not some text sim. And BTW OOTPB which is an incredible text baseball simulation has it's own share of BS inside their AI engine).

Micro-transactions are a reality now. Especially since the advent of card based modes. It is the nature of the industry and how to increase profit margins.

I am a dinosaur and fortunately 2K and The Show still throw guys like me fantastic gameplay and enough depth inside franchise mode (and custom options to keep me engaged and in control of AI stupidity) to keep me very happy in my little sports gaming universe.

9.5/10 this game is for me. It is so much fun and full of great gameplay. I can't stop playing.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2017, 10:24 AM   #32
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
I have the game to play Pro-AM and I have not been able to play a single game because of this region lock non-sense. Meanwhile, my other go-to mode, Online Leagues, has been an afterthought for the last 8 years. None of that has anything to do with VC.

I respect your opinion, but mine is that this game deserves to be called out for all of that. The positives do not outweigh the negatives this year.
Which sucks for you, because this is the very reason why the community is so divided on different things. Man, I have been playing a TON of ProAm this year even though I have a low-rated player. However, I only play walk-on games. I'm too busy and "anti-social" to do squads, clans, etc in any games that I own. To me, ProAm is a solid and not "broken".

And I agree with you. 2K Sports should fix the region lock (as a side note, I don't see a logical reason to have it in the first place). The mode works, but you attempting to enjoy with it your friends as a team doesn't. It's about perspective.

Yeah...I have seen the yearly threads about Online Leagues. Basically, it was left behind for MyPlayer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »