Home

NBA 2K taking out 5 Out set was a SOFT MOVE

This is a discussion on NBA 2K taking out 5 Out set was a SOFT MOVE within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2017, 02:32 PM   #17
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K taking out 5 Out set was a SOFT MOVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by magalleh
Well learn how to run an actual NBA offense instead of using a set that doesn’t exist and is practically a glitch. Say that bums need to up there stick skills yet you’re complaining about a cheesy play that only is used by those who have no offense stick skills. So who really needs to up there stick skills?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Lol. A quick search on youtube shows that the 5 out offense does in fact exist. Da Czar isn't pulling offenses out of his ***, he's studying what sets a team might run in real life and works hard to implement them into the game.

Removing the 5 out set really was a "soft move" because we're still not addressing the real issue at play; which are the defensive rotations. Until the defense is addressed properly, pretty much any set can be called "cheesy" and "unfair".
Old 10-19-2017, 02:42 PM   #18
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb625
After seeing your freelance videos from last year and how utterly cheesy and unrealistic they were I'm not surprised you hold this opinion.

Fact of the matter on 5 Out is that it's totally unrealistic and doesn't even come close to a real NBA offense. Five guys literally just standing on the perimeter doesn't exist anywhere in the NBA. All 5 out ever did was cater to the lowest common denominator of the community. The guys who were too brain-dead to play real ball and instead chose to rely on the broken AI help D that has been perpetually present for years now. It didn't matter how great you were on the sticks, unless you set your D to no help (again, unrealistic because no NBA defense just plays straight 1 on 1 with no help) a defender would run in, your other three defenders wouldn't rotate and you'd give up the easy three. It was entirely unavoidable.

I'm glad they took this out and I can't tell you how glad I am that guys like you are denied the opportunity to waste my time on this game by playing a style of basketball that doesn't exist at any level of the game

Sent from my SM-G930V using Operation Sports mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
Lol. A quick search on youtube shows that the 5 out offense does in fact exist. Da Czar isn't pulling offenses out of his ***, he's studying what sets a team might run in real life and works hard to implement them into the game.

Removing the 5 out set really was a "soft move" because we're still not addressing the real issue at play; which are the defensive rotations. Until the defense is addressed properly, pretty much any set can be called "cheesy" and "unfair".
Where?......This?

You know what the problem is........ I haven't seen anyone actually run the motions of the offense. Not one person actually runs the motions or the cuts or anything for that matter. All they do is isolate and dribble drive. The Warriors don't do that lol. Users don't care about the motions or even try them out. I saw my cousin switch to the offense and just call pick and rolls hahaha. The Warriors don't go 5 out just to isolate. They actually get the ball moving around and get open shots and layups. That's not what is happening in this game the last 2 years since 5 out was brought in. We are seeing more users just isolate. In the video above... There is always someone near or in the paint/med range.
Old 10-19-2017, 02:59 PM   #19
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
Where?......This?

You know what the problem is........ I haven't seen anyone actually run the motions of the offense. Not one person actually runs the motions or the cuts or anything for that matter. All they do is isolate and dribble drive. The Warriors don't do that lol. Users don't care about the motions or even try them out. I saw my cousin switch to the offense and just call pick and rolls hahaha. The Warriors don't go 5 out just to isolate. They actually get the ball moving around and get open shots and layups. That's not what is happening in this game the last 2 years since 5 out was brought in. We are seeing more users just isolate. In the video above... There is always someone near or in the paint/med range.
Again, that goes right back to my point: defense. Why would anyone waste time running the motions/cuts of the offense when you can score much faster and easier by just isolating?
Old 10-19-2017, 03:05 PM   #20
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bruce Wayne
Golden State still runs 5 Out from time to time, so why take it out the game? It can be stopped. People just weren't willing to learn to stop it

https://youtu.be/wenuV--U1PM

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
If you compare that video to 5-out as it existed in the game, you'll see a very stark difference. The Warriors are moving around, setting picks, making cuts, the whole 9 yards. Rarely was the area inside the perimeter completely vacant.

With 5 Out and Space the Floor as it stood in game, it was completely different. Usually it was 4 stagnant players plus the user ballhandler either trying to take a pick or, more likely in this year's iteration, trigger a blow-by. Even with the best users, that was either a) going to work or b) force an unnecessary help defender to open up a 3. The solution wasn't necessarily just the user knowing how to defend against it. I knew what needed to happen but was held back because of...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu

This right here. The AI D doesn't rotate properly. But since that's a legacy issue that probably won't be fixed any time soon, eliminating 5 out is a fine fix for now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Operation Sports mobile app
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Old 10-19-2017, 03:16 PM   #21
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

There arent really any rotations for the defense to make, lol...the other 4 guys as its usually run are literally just standing there...

I agree with what Czar said in his video...its more of the shooting %'s that cause an issue...and that leads into another can of worms....its much more complicated from a balance standpoint than given credit for...

Safest bet now is to remove it as implemented.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2017, 03:37 PM   #22
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
There arent really any rotations for the defense to make, lol...the other 4 guys as its usually run are literally just standing there...

I agree with what Czar said in his video...its more of the shooting %'s that cause an issue...and that leads into another can of worms....its much more complicated from a balance standpoint than given credit for...

Safest bet now is to remove it as implemented.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
I typed up 4 posts, and deleted them, and the base of it was what you typed. Defensive AI regarding this set is the issue, but if that cannot be fixed, the best move is to remove it until AI can be programmed to address it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 10-19-2017, 03:51 PM   #23
Pro

Jesus_Swagglesworth's Arena

OVR: 0

Lol nobody can say it was better to remove 5 out when you can still run 5 out spacing without the freelance. Literally nobody ran the freelance specific actions anyways.

it's a move pandering to people who can't think a step ahead. The same *exact* "issues" will continue.

You know what else? 5 out was the worst spacing heavy freelance out there. We're about to see even better spacing once people notice the better ones. Shame lol.

might as well make 0 out 5 in the default once people complain about the rest...
Old 10-19-2017, 07:47 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

You guys can bash me all you want . I’m not going to post on YouTube or nothing on how to run 5 out because I actually don’t run it and I wouldn’t wanna ruin the whole 2k... but I run a whole nother scheme which is a pick and fade , lob manwith two shooters in corners . Now that 5 Out is gone I wouldn’t be surprised if half of the community switched to running Horns Set space the floor . They even took out dribble drive motion and the Princeton sets .

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »