Home

What 2k considers "good contests"

This is a discussion on What 2k considers "good contests" within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2017, 05:11 PM   #17
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: What 2k considers "good contests"

I'm over them making it easier and easier for guys to score man...Guys are attempting & droppng layups left and right in PNO as it is.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-08-2017, 07:24 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
So you guys are saying NBA Players don't miss layups?

Good Luck.... But I don't agree.... Players are human.... They are not math (maybe a little). But they are not perfect as it seems on surface. I'm really happy 2k has all these variables. I'm shocked some think an open lane should mean 2 points. There some many things that can go wrong.

This isn't a layup.... But this should go down with the logic you guys are throwing out there.

And it's LeBron James

Especially when players "hear footsteps".... That happens all the time. Worst of all this video showing him missing one layup lol
How often will Lebron James miss a layup like that?

Maybe once in a blue moon and definitely not if he's being contested like the other player in the OP.
Old 12-08-2017, 07:41 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
So you guys are saying NBA Players don't miss layups?

Good Luck.... But I don't agree.... Players are human.... They are not math (maybe a little). But they are not perfect as it seems on surface. I'm really happy 2k has all these variables. I'm shocked some think an open lane should mean 2 points. There some many things that can go wrong.

This isn't a layup.... But this should go down with the logic you guys are throwing out there.

And it's LeBron James

Especially when players "hear footsteps".... That happens all the time. Worst of all this video showing him missing one layup lol
Of course they miss layups, but I said they don't miss many (especially "uncontested" ones). I totally get players are not perfect, no one is, but the missed layups in this game is bit too common. I feel as if it's scripted for the ball to roll out of the rim when I defender is just standing right under you. I've witnessed this many times this year opposed to the last couple titles.
Old 12-08-2017, 09:24 PM   #20
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngfaze01
Of course they miss layups, but I said they don't miss many (especially "uncontested" ones). I totally get players are not perfect, no one is, but the missed layups in this game is bit too common. I feel as if it's scripted for the ball to roll out of the rim when I defender is just standing right under you. I've witnessed this many times this year opposed to the last couple titles.
This is why reading this is so frustrating. When I watch the play of users online even offline. People abuse the paint like nuts. And we're in a thread trying open up the paint. The right play here would of been to kick it out to the corner to the WIDE OPEN player. Yes Harden can make this layup. But there is a one percent chance because defender's are in the area. He misses. People should be looking for the best shot possible. In this situation he got the second best shot.

This is why I repeat. Every choice is not automatic. And never should be. I think people need to look at this game as. I have to get my team in the best position to win. The only thing that is perfect in this game. Is a green release. And even that you have to work really hard for.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-2017, 09:30 PM   #21
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilteapot
How often will Lebron James miss a layup like that?

Maybe once in a blue moon and definitely not if he's being contested like the other player in the OP.
But this video only shows one layup he missed. JUST ONE LAYUP. This is a lightly contested layup. So the door for a miss is there.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2017, 01:39 AM   #22
Rookie

HoustonHarden's Arena

Badges are needed because shot blockers greatly affect all shots around the rim. I love the game as is especially when playing a good defensive team.
Old 12-09-2017, 02:04 AM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
But this video only shows one layup he missed. JUST ONE LAYUP. This is a lightly contested layup. So the door for a miss is there.

he showed one clip, he also said in the video that this happens every game, which I agree with him it happens multiple times a game just playing against the computer on HOF. For me it has killed my enjoyment of the game totally. They had this **** fixed in 2k17, I dont know why they went back

Last edited by Double_Dribble Rea; 12-09-2017 at 02:07 AM.
Old 12-09-2017, 02:54 AM   #24
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
in terms of layup timing i miss about every floater i dont time in pro am. thats despite having hof tear dropper..i thought if i dont time the floater it wont be affected. it doesnt look that way.
Floaters are trash this year . Even if you take the floater while you’re open, if someone contests it late it still affects the shot.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »