Home

Jumping on a pumpfake in the paint should lead to a foul 90% of the time

This is a discussion on Jumping on a pumpfake in the paint should lead to a foul 90% of the time within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2018, 10:00 AM   #1
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5
Jumping on a pumpfake in the paint should lead to a foul 90% of the time

Its so dumb how people jump spamming in the paint is a great strategy to stop moves in the post. I don't know how many times I'll get someone to bite on a pumpfake only for me to lose the ball before I even go up with it because the guy's bum hit it out of my hands. Getting someone to jump on a pumpfake should almost always lead to automatic foul animations to punish the bad defense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2018, 10:16 AM   #2
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Jumping on a pumpfake in the paint should lead to a foul 90% of the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW
Its so dumb how people jump spamming in the paint is a great strategy to stop moves in the post. I don't know how many times I'll get someone to bite on a pumpfake only for me to lose the ball before I even go up with it because the guy's bum hit it out of my hands. Getting someone to jump on a pumpfake should almost always lead to automatic foul animations to punish the bad defense.
This is a dead horse......

Not saying I don't agree...to a point with you. But it's already been said a few times. I posted a video of what happen if you make it a foul. Users will run after it (cheese it).

The above is 2k16 where they tried what your asking for. And I have more footage of that from that year. Last year in 2k17 you didn't any interaction. This year they put the mistake on the offense here. All you need to do is either time his block attempt or choose a different finish hand/side. But if you mistime it or go to the wrong side. He might block it.

The problem with making it a foul. Is that it becomes something a user will look to keep doing over and over. 2k is looking to make more variables in that situation. Not just one that you will see over and over. And yes it's a foul in real life. But it's can't be in a video game. You get the above.
Sorry for posting a 3 year old video. By the way, this went on for the whole game. He took turns with Perkins and Rondo.
Old 01-08-2018, 12:38 PM   #3
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW
Yes and No...Jeebs makes some of the points I would re: why it has to be balanced. Jumping for pump-fakes should definitely produces negative outcomes but we should also see where defenders miss blocks and are taken out of the play. But for sure, the missed-blocks-with-horrible-timing that the game registers as contests and rewards the defender with misses? That definitely needs to no longer be a thing. For instance, this guy is just spamming block with everyone and there has to be a bad outcome:

But first we need the hands up Contain animation to bottle up stationary/static offensive players tho....its a great mechanic that 2K needs to expand on.

Why? Because if falling for pump fakes gives you bad outcomes (and it should) the next cheese is people driving into the paint and waiting/spamming pump-fake until you jump.

The contain animation give users a way to play defense without risking fouls and really increases the chess-game and strategy. It also punishes static users who are just waiting.

Pump fakes (and waiting) also need to be vulnerable to strips (user and AI) no gameplay is worse and more geared at exploiting the game than users who'll just pass the ball around the perimeter pump-faking with everyone until a defender jumps. That's videogame BS and there's no place for it in a simulation. The person below isn't playing me...he's playing the AI.

Last edited by Kushmir; 01-09-2018 at 01:28 PM.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:04 PM   #4
Elite Allstar

Ray Vibes's Arena

OVR: 0

I remember how cheese this was in 2K16 pro am lol. Pretty much how most teams got most of their points.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:18 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
This is a dead horse......

Not saying I don't agree...to a point with you. But it's already been said a few times. I posted a video of what happen if you make it a foul. Users will run after it (cheese it).

The above is 2k16 where they tried what your asking for. And I have more footage of that from that year. Last year in 2k17 you didn't any interaction. This year they put the mistake on the offense here. All you need to do is either time his block attempt or choose a different finish hand/side. But if you mistime it or go to the wrong side. He might block it.

The problem with making it a foul. Is that it becomes something a user will look to keep doing over and over. 2k is looking to make more variables in that situation. Not just one that you will see over and over. And yes it's a foul in real life. But it's can't be in a video game. You get the above.
Sorry for posting a 3 year old video. By the way, this went on for the whole game. He took turns with Perkins and Rondo.
The balance is stop jumping. There are nba players who “spam” pump fakes to get defenders to bite.

I doubt 2k took it out for balance all those fouls may have lengthened games. Right now bad Defense is being rewarded.

This is a game where there’s already insane recovery time/closeouts nobody speaks about an imbalance there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2018, 01:32 PM   #6
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
The balance is stop jumping. There are nba players who “spam” pump fakes to get defenders to bite.

I doubt 2k took it out for balance all those fouls may have lengthened games. Right now bad Defense is being rewarded.

This is a game where there’s already insane recovery time/closeouts nobody speaks about an imbalance there.
I speak about it all the time.

And we agree users who have bad timing should be punished. Im just saying there's more than one way to do that.....single outcomes are easily exploited....see the sideline cheese from last year.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-08-2018, 01:58 PM   #7
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34

That's what everyone said that year.... But you can't let that keep happening in the paint. As Kushmir just shown. It gets wild.....Yes I can just stand there. As you can see in my video. But watch as this user focus on one single outcome from. That's the problem.

But with this logic. Of just stand there. A lot of users wouldn't learn about vert contest or hands up. I've seen guys you can beat because they just don't learn. And for the general public that can be very frustrating to play against.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
I speak about it all the time.

And we agree users who have bad timing should be punished. Im just saying there's more than one way to do that.....single outcomes are easily exploited....see the sideline cheese from last year.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Operation Sports mobile app
Exactly!!

OMG sideline..... Thank God that's gone.

I think the and1 foul will make a return... But it needs adjustments and more outcomes before it returns.
Old 01-08-2018, 02:24 PM   #8
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
OMG sideline..... Thank God that's gone.

I think the and1 foul will make a return... But it needs adjustments and more outcomes before it returns.
BINGO. The point we're making Loso is that single outcome is really bad....it ends up doing more harm than good. Savvy players look for that kind of loophole and will exploit it like you've never seen. You play Madden? Think about when you could QB sneak and always get 4th and 1......that's what single outcome does. The sideline cheese basically let guys draw fouls at will if they ran along the sideline and were even slightly bumped by the defender.

I'm saying add tons of negative outcomes but it can't always be a foul. The other thing is it has to have a counter.....HAS TO. I get that its frustrating for you but trust us when we tell you being able to trigger fouls with that kind of frequency as an offensive player will break the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »