Home

So mike wang gonna change the jumpshot meter every year?

This is a discussion on So mike wang gonna change the jumpshot meter every year? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2018, 07:31 AM   #65
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: So mike wang gonna change the jumpshot meter every year?

I think it is ok to have the option of shooting meter On and Off, but at the end of the day it is an arcadish aid, so people who take it Off should have some kind of reward (perhaps something similar to the system on 2k17 for people using the stick instead of the button)...

I would like this to be like aids on driving simulators, if you active them, the car will be easier to control, but you won't be able to drive it as fast as people who take the time to master the driving technique and go without any kind of external help (like traction or stability control, ABS, etc).

Just my two cents! ;-)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2018, 12:04 PM   #66
Rookie

OVR: 0

The shot meter is not the issue. It is the lack of a skill gap and the reliance on animation combinations on jumpshots. 2k16 had a noticeable skill gap and nice jumpshot mechanics and the badges had counters. There wasn't a need for lock down defenders either since you could earn defensive badges as well.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Old 07-08-2018, 02:06 PM   #67
Rookie

Levistick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
It's not about the option. It's about taking it out and forcing people to play without it in the online modes. The shot meter takes away from the overall experience and culture of the game.
So you want to force people to play the game your way?
M. Fultz: 15pts., 4 ast. pts.
J. Suggs: 14 pts.
R.J. Hampton: 14 pts.
M. Bamba: 13 pts., 14 reb.
Old 07-11-2018, 05:43 PM   #68
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levistick
So you want to force people to play the game your way?
No.... I'm just tired of the online shooting percentages be messed with, because people keep whining about green releases. As My Player user, they have one release to learn. Learn it.

The shot meter is really just a tool for people to scout for the cheesiest releases in the game. It should be about picking a release that you like and learning how to use it. If you're nice, you should be able to play without the meter.
Old 07-11-2018, 08:24 PM   #69
Banned

There is no reason for any different releases to have a higher or lower success rate than any other release. That's one thing that drives me nuts.

"Green" releases should be gone as well. A perfect release should just allow you to hit to the fullest potential of your rating for that particular shot with the openness modifier.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:07 PM   #70
Rookie

Levistick's Arena

I disagree. If a release needs to be timed, then if you get a perfect release, you should get the shot. I mean, that's basically how it works in real life.

Make the chance of getting that perfect release dependent upon rating. So Steph Curry would have the highest chance of getting a perfect release, and someone like Dwight Howard would have a virtually 0 chance of getting a perfect release. Allow it so that a contested shot has a low to 0 chance of getting a perfect release (dependent upon the player's contested shot ratings).

But if the shot is going to be dependent upon timing the release, then a wide open shot with a good shooter that hits a perfect release should go in (not to be confused with every open shot from a good shooter should go in).
M. Fultz: 15pts., 4 ast. pts.
J. Suggs: 14 pts.
R.J. Hampton: 14 pts.
M. Bamba: 13 pts., 14 reb.
Old 07-12-2018, 03:06 PM   #71
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
I disagree. If a release needs to be timed, then if you get a perfect release, you should get the shot. I mean, that's basically how it works in real life.

Make the chance of getting that perfect release dependent upon rating. So Steph Curry would have the highest chance of getting a perfect release, and someone like Dwight Howard would have a virtually 0 chance of getting a perfect release. Allow it so that a contested shot has a low to 0 chance of getting a perfect release (dependent upon the player's contested shot ratings).

But if the shot is going to be dependent upon timing the release, then a wide open shot with a good shooter that hits a perfect release should go in (not to be confused with every open shot from a good shooter should go in).
Player release the ball. And know it's going in? They know it's going in once the ball goes through the hoop. Not before... I know some say it feels good. But everyone has doubt about a shot until it goes in the hoop.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2018, 03:10 PM   #72
Pro

Quote:

You don't think these players that have put in decades in the gym feel good about a shot in the game? They probably have a "perfect release" 95% of the time as they have practice forever to shoot exactly the same and not even feel the pressure, the defense, etc yet no one in the NBA shoots anywhere near the % that people do in the Pro-am.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »