Home

Can we talk about bigs in NBA 2k19?

This is a discussion on Can we talk about bigs in NBA 2k19? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2018, 01:39 PM   #41
Pro

nyk_fatboy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Can we talk about bigs in NBA 2k19?

its a video game.. its myplayer... 7'3 340 will dominate even if tweaked lol.

if anything lighter weight weight / smaller centers should at least be dogging them on rebounds but 2k has this thing called strength that will continue to make those 7'3 340 monsters dominate around the rim.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2018, 01:57 PM   #42
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
So let's get this straight right now.

I'm a whiney kid who has no idea of what realistic basketball is because i expect you to play defense?

I'm done.

This community really took a turn for the worst.
You're misinterpreting the criticism. Everyone is referencing your pure athletic big and not any of your other builds. You know that in real life, those comparable players are not being guarded on the perimeter. That doesn't mean people want pure sharps to make 70% of their threes still, it is only a reference to your specific character. We can simultaneously make it so these big men don't make most of their threes and pure sharps also make less of their threes.

And part of this all stemmed from the issue Dimer creates, which is why it is one of the worst badges.

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
Old 07-09-2018, 02:14 PM   #43
Banned

Quote:
So let's get this straight right now.

I'm a whiney kid who has no idea of what realistic basketball is because i expect you to play defense?

I'm done.

This community really took a turn for the worst.

The only one saying those things about you are yourself.

I'm the bad guy for wanting more realism in Pro-am? I want more strategy and am willing to deal with the weaknesses of my own player if it means the game plays more in line with real basketball. If pure sharps shoot 5-10% better than their NBA counterparts I'm ok with that, but pure slasher builds shooting 40% from the corners is just unacceptable.

I don't need hyper realism, but every build being a threat from three ontop of pure sharps being able to shoot reliably from ranges nobody actually shoots from is just game breaking and stretches the floor to laughable distances. How can anyone really defend a 5 out offense when the "slasher" in the lineup is also shooting 40%, but when he drives to the rim he has a 90% chance of dunking on 4 guys? Simple answer is you can't which is why the Pro-League has different sliders making 3 point shooting more difficult, with those sliders your guy would probably be shooting 20% from three which is right where he belongs.

Last edited by YourHairlineTrash; 07-09-2018 at 02:16 PM.
Old 07-09-2018, 04:26 PM   #44
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Look... For what it's worth, if you play up on me AT ALL it's a guarantee I'll miss if i try to pull. This doesn't mean you've gotta play me like I'm a sharp, because that WILL get you dunked on. I'm saying that SMART players will play me around 4-5 feet. This means they can guard the drive AND the shot but that means they can't help on defense very much when I'm in the corner. I don't understand what's so horrible about not ALLOWING you to double my teammates every time they go into the paint.

Anthony Davis will block your shot, dunk on you, and might hit a couple 3s. It sucks that this year you can't be a triple threat like that. You all want slashers to be these one dimensional players when a lot of Athletic players started OUT maybe being one dimensional and over the years they adapted more to their games. I play an undersized center and y'all wanna trash me for thinking you can't just completely take away my whole game by NOT playing defense? Mmmk.

When two bigs are hanging in the paint together there should be an animation that i can dunk on both of you for playing bad defense. However, this game breaks the 2 man animations for posters entirely too easy and there's not enough of them.

If dunking were as dynamic it is IRL we wouldn't be having this conversation. I'd be having fun with jumping over 3 people instead of getting animations where people take my legs out and no calls. The day i can truly vince carter someone as routinely as he did, I'll let it slide.
Old 07-09-2018, 08:12 PM   #45
Pro

It’s not just your undersized Center dude. I shot 6/9 with my 7’3 Pure Athletic last night over 3 games. Mostly open 3s from the corner but I also greened a lightly contested and one from outside the corner. I only started taking them recently but I’m probably shooting at least 50%. On top of that, I probably shoot around 70% on open mid range. The percentages for open shots, regardless of ratings, seem crazy high in this game. It means my Pure Athletic is basically a threat from anywhere on the court.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2018, 08:45 PM   #46
Banned

Quote:
Look... For what it's worth, if you play up on me AT ALL it's a guarantee I'll miss if i try to pull. This doesn't mean you've gotta play me like I'm a sharp, because that WILL get you dunked on. I'm saying that SMART players will play me around 4-5 feet. This means they can guard the drive AND the shot but that means they can't help on defense very much when I'm in the corner. I don't understand what's so horrible about not ALLOWING you to double my teammates every time they go into the paint.

Anthony Davis will block your shot, dunk on you, and might hit a couple 3s. It sucks that this year you can't be a triple threat like that. You all want slashers to be these one dimensional players when a lot of Athletic players started OUT maybe being one dimensional and over the years they adapted more to their games. I play an undersized center and y'all wanna trash me for thinking you can't just completely take away my whole game by NOT playing defense? Mmmk.

When two bigs are hanging in the paint together there should be an animation that i can dunk on both of you for playing bad defense. However, this game breaks the 2 man animations for posters entirely too easy and there's not enough of them.

If dunking were as dynamic it is IRL we wouldn't be having this conversation. I'd be having fun with jumping over 3 people instead of getting animations where people take my legs out and no calls. The day i can truly vince carter someone as routinely as he did, I'll let it slide.

You don't get it, nobody should have to play up on you, your strengths should be in the pick and roll, triple threat or running the floor and mid-range shots at best. Being able to hit threes breaks strategy in the game, which is to leave you open, that is a real tactic in basketball, in 2k real tactics mean very little in pro-am because everyone can shoot the three everyone has to be respected as a 40% three point shooter which is stupid. You being able to hit threes means people have to respect a non-shooter, imagine if Andre Drummond just suddenly became a 40% three point shooter on 6 attempts a game, do you not understand how incredibly hard to stop he would be?

As for Anthony Davis -

He's a below average 3 point shooter, he's poor from the corners, if you had to shoot 33% from there you'd probably say the game is broken. You want absolutely no weaknesses, no wonder the game has become so stale.
Old 07-09-2018, 10:10 PM   #47
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5

This argument that's been happening the last 4 pages is why I'll never venture to Park and ProAM. People wanting builds that are designed for slashing and finishing at the rim to shoot 40% from 3 like Kyle Lowry lmao. EA needs to save Sim basketball at this point
Old 07-09-2018, 10:23 PM   #48
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Non shooting arechettpes should shoot sub 25%

I don’t even know how that’s a question

But shooting are hotties shouldn’t be shooting 60% contested either

The balance is all out of wack

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »