Home

Jumping on pumpfaking players is a guaranteed foul in 2k19

This is a discussion on Jumping on pumpfaking players is a guaranteed foul in 2k19 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2018, 04:42 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Jumping on pumpfaking players is a guaranteed foul in 2k19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
It’s like a gift from god lol

I was great even with ghost blocks and now you telling me your taking away a crutch defenders used?

I’ve gotten so many messages this year from stretch 5s talkin trash after i drop them off. “I blocked you 3 times haha your trash!”

Like bro i still put 18 on you and those ghost blocks were literally the only plays you stopped me on lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Yesterday i tried 2 up&unders. Both times i got ‘blocked’
What happened was: the defender wildly jumped on my up, his momentum had him flying by me and he literally bumped the ball out of my hands with his *** or something

I just quit

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2018, 05:19 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk5tar5
i don't think its a guarantee foul by looking on the recent gameplay bell got the ball and pump fake to draw a foul but the AI seems to be smarter and put the hands up. Also pump faking is good but to have timed layup negates the contact pump fake foul unless you get the timing done right! So looks to be 50/50 chance.
there was timed layups last year..and timing it right just gives you a bonus.
Old 08-24-2018, 09:07 AM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk5tar5
i don't think its a guarantee foul by looking on the recent gameplay bell got the ball and pump fake to draw a foul but the AI seems to be smarter and put the hands up. Also pump faking is good but to have timed layup negates the contact pump fake foul unless you get the timing done right! So looks to be 50/50 chance.
i was talking about against other humans, sorry but im not concerned with playing against the A.I. i know many people enjoy that, but i enjoy competing online more than anything, and everything i post has online my player park and pro am in mind fyi

i have no comment on offline A.I. cause it's not my expertise, only time i come across A.I. was when i was forced to play my career for badges, and when people quit games and i got a bot on me
Old 08-24-2018, 10:41 AM   #44
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Sounds good. A lot of guys jump like they're losing their mind down in the paint. A lot of the blocks they got credited for with their bodies on their way down were complete nonsense. This sounds like a good change.

I have a question about pump fakes in general, though. Is this game going to make me automatically shoot the ball during certain contests? I'd rather get stripped or something then putting up a shot I didn't intend to take. I didn't like that about 2K18.
Old 08-27-2018, 11:10 AM   #45
Rookie

Hornetz's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Sounds good. A lot of guys jump like they're losing their mind down in the paint. A lot of the blocks they got credited for with their bodies on their way down were complete nonsense. This sounds like a good change.

I have a question about pump fakes in general, though. Is this game going to make me automatically shoot the ball during certain contests? I'd rather get stripped or something then putting up a shot I didn't intend to take. I didn't like that about 2K18.
Is what you're referring to an online or offline issue? I've attempted to pump fake quite a few times on my Pure Sharpshooter and he released such a 'Very early,' 'Highly Contested' shot that I wondered why he released it anyway? Now that you mention the game forcing you to automatically shoot during certain contests I finally feel like I'm not crazy and the game did cause me to shoot. (In all fairness pure sharps shoot many bad shots) Hopefully this is definitely gone in 2K19! And for pete's sake - bring back game clip recording through the Xbox!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2018, 11:23 AM   #46
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles

I'm guessing we have to wait and see.
Old 08-27-2018, 01:05 PM   #47
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
there was timed layups last year..and timing it right just gives you a bonus.
While we're on that subject, does anyone know if it's timed like jumpshots this year, or does it only give you boost like it did in 2K18?
Old 08-27-2018, 01:29 PM   #48
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW
Seems Mike and the guys at 2k internally saw the same problem myself and a few others also saw on this forum. Looks like they thought the system wasn't good in 18 and needed to be fixed. Sorry guys, no more body blocks and non calls from jumping onto pump fakers

uh oh, yall about to get this hakeem the dream work in the post. the body single handedly killed the post game. you put some good moves on people then go up and they land on you and go thru your arms for a no call and a block to boot. crazy. lets hope its actually fixed like they said it was.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »