Home

NBA 2k19 Defensive Impressions

This is a discussion on NBA 2k19 Defensive Impressions within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2018, 12:06 AM   #9
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k19 Defensive Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
I may be in the minority, but I'm still on the fence as far as on-ball defense goes. I feel like it may be a little too physical for the sake of holding users hands, so they don't get shook out of their socks. I have to see how it plays out in the hands of users, but the fact that the rookie point guard for Cleveland can run FORWARD at me while I'm backing up towards half court and still maintain defensive positioning when I try to Sprint around him is bothersome to say the least.
Well if you're talking AI defense, yh its always been like glue.
Old 09-01-2018, 01:25 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by zrohman
Ice skating was always the issue. I just make one movement, move in a direction, and my player won't stop moving in one direction. It gets even worse online
Out of curiosity, what do people have their Defensive Assist Strength slider set to? Perhaps it makes a difference.

Mine is set to 5.
Old 09-01-2018, 02:31 AM   #11
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
I may be in the minority, but I'm still on the fence as far as on-ball defense goes. I feel like it may be a little too physical for the sake of holding users hands, so they don't get shook out of their socks. I have to see how it plays out in the hands of users, but the fact that the rookie point guard for Cleveland can run FORWARD at me while I'm backing up towards half court and still maintain defensive positioning when I try to Sprint around him is bothersome to say the least.
Note: Offline, Hall of Fame, default sliders, 12 minute quarters.

The first video is what we get when we have "a little less physical" defense. Please tell me ahead of time if 2k19's defense is going to revert back to "2k18s" level of 'less physical' on-ball defense.

I quit 3 weeks into playing NBA2k18 one major reason includes easy blow-bys for buckets.
Spoiler
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 09-01-2018 at 04:37 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2018, 06:42 AM   #12
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Theres also some changes to movement/dribbling that will be a factor in this as well.

Your change of direction is a bit more weighty than last year and the way your positioned when you have the ball has slowed down side to side dribbling a good bit..

Also, even with Steph Curry, after 4 side to side turbos, he caught fatigue. If they stay true to that, it should bode well for user vs. user play.
Old 09-01-2018, 09:50 AM   #13
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Too early to say.

Encouraged by how well I'm able to maintain position even on Hall of Fame.

Encouraged by rotations and the ability to create a defensive wall in the paint.

but the real stress test will be user on user play....
THIS. The real test has always been and will always be PVP....Although defenders making auto-plays on the ball is definitely in. I'm ok with it--our defenders need to make common sense plays like this when they're in good position:

I'm really concerned about the reaching tho. If it isn't balanced with fouls/bad position it could be a real issue.
Old 09-01-2018, 10:17 AM   #14
MVP

Nathan_OS's Arena

OVR: 25

I can’t believe that help defense is still a damn problem. Why are there 5 guys in the paint after a pick and roll from the top of the key?

Why, on a fast break, does the first defender back still run deep inside the paint?

I guess, some things kind of make no sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2018, 11:00 AM   #15
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

One of the things that still concerns me is Transition Defense after the center falls. AI defenders still don't pick up the guy running free.

Boogie just gets beat down the floor here, and as long as these kind of miscues aren't something we can base our gameplan around its fine--it happens. It'd be nice to see the trailing guy deflect it out of bounds every once in awhile too tho.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2018, 11:06 AM   #16
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
One of the things that still concerns me is Transition Defense after the center falls. AI defenders still don't pick up the guy running free.

Boogie just gets beat down the floor here, and as long as these kind of miscues aren't something we can base our gameplan around its fine--it happens. It'd be nice to see the trailing guy deflect it out of bounds every once in awhile too tho.

I'd hate to see lots of this happening by the AI. I play broadcast cam and if they start throwing down court to something I can't see for an easy bucket at random junctures of the game, it'd be 2K17 all over again..... and the game gets shelved for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »