Home

Game Is Stuttering! [PS4 Pro Related]

This is a discussion on Game Is Stuttering! [PS4 Pro Related] within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2019, 07:31 PM   #577
MVP

XxKnicksRules215xX's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Game is stuttering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataman5
Because it's a PS4 PRO issue.
I have a ps4 pro and don't experience this stutter, I play on 2k cam as well.
Old 10-21-2019, 07:33 PM   #578
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I have a Pro, I just have to pull the camera out far enough on broadcast to avoid it. There is a slight issue when UI elements pop up sometimes, but otherwise it's normal.
I'll try it, but can you specify the exact camera settings? Broadcast or Broadcast Generic? All you adjust is the Zoom? How far? What about height and key zoom?

Sorry for the questions, I'm at an end where I haven't enjoyed it yet due to the stutter.

It's usually fine (not counting the original jump ball stutter), but once I hit my first 24 second clock ticking down towards expiration, the game starts stuttering and never recovers.

I've tried all the other camera recommendations but same thing happens except for 2K camera, but that one is terrible I don't want to play it on that.
Old 10-21-2019, 07:40 PM   #579
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5

I almost always give 2k the benefit of the doubt and I'll usually defend them if I think they're being unfairly criticized but I can't in this situation.

I refuse to believe they are unaware of the stuttering issue on PS4 Pro systems. IMO that's worse than 2K not being able to solve the problem. I'd rather them come out and say they are aware of the issue and haven't been able to find a fix yet than for them to act like the game is running perfectly fine.

My guess is that 2K doesnt want to acknowledge a problem they can't fix, especially one that makes the game nearly unplayable. It would look like they released a faulty product and customers would, rightfully, demand some type of reimbursement. If they instead act like there is no problem they can play it off like they never encountered the issue through their testing so it must be something on the users end causing the issue. That would also allow the to fix the problem without ever officially acknowledging and they can pretend it never existed in the first place. I don't know..just my little conspiracy theory on the situation.

Last thing I want to say is that it's BS what we (the people experiencing the problem) have to do in order to try to solve it on our end. Experimenting with different camera settings in order to find one that minimizes or eliminates the stutter. Shutting off the HDR feature, one of the reasons why people bought a Pro and 4k tv in the first place, to hopefully rectify the problem. Hell some people have gone as far to buy an entirely new console just so they can enjoy the game to the fullest. We shouldn't have to do any of that just play a game we purchased. I couldn't imagine that happening with any other brand new product. In almost every other situation where a customer buys a new product and it isn't working they are getting something back in return. Either their money back or a brand new product that works. The company usually isn't going to act like the problem you are experiencing doesn't exist and expect you to just deal with it.

Apologies for the long post but I'm just frustrated and fed up with this problem. Can't even play and enjoy the one game a look forward to every year because of this issue.
Old 10-21-2019, 07:51 PM   #580
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB
I'll try it, but can you specify the exact camera settings? Broadcast or Broadcast Generic? All you adjust is the Zoom? How far? What about height and key zoom?

Sorry for the questions, I'm at an end where I haven't enjoyed it yet due to the stutter.

It's usually fine (not counting the original jump ball stutter), but once I hit my first 24 second clock ticking down towards expiration, the game starts stuttering and never recovers.

I've tried all the other camera recommendations but same thing happens except for 2K camera, but that one is terrible I don't want to play it on that.
So I think the best bet is the nosebleeds broadcast with zoom/height pushed out. But I've had fine results with zoom/height pushed out (I think you can put each at 10, albeit I think I've moved them in a bit) in broadcast generic as well.

It would be interesting if it really has to do with PS4 Pros manufactured before or after X date, but I don't know anything about that. I know some also discussed the HDR on vs. off as the other potential factor (with off being the way to improve the FPS).
Old 10-21-2019, 08:00 PM   #581
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
So I think the best bet is the nosebleeds broadcast with zoom/height pushed out. But I've had fine results with zoom/height pushed out (I think you can put each at 10, albeit I think I've moved them in a bit) in broadcast generic as well.

It would be interesting if it really has to do with PS4 Pros manufactured before or after X date, but I don't know anything about that. I know some also discussed the HDR on vs. off as the other potential factor (with off being the way to improve the FPS).
Ok cool, I'll try tonight.

The HDR fix didn't work either, but either way that would be a game killing nonstarter for me.

I have no idea what build/model of PS4 Pro I have, ha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2019, 08:03 PM   #582
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisB

That's pretty much exactly what I've been experiencing. I've tried messing around with a few different camera angles but didn't noticed much of an improvement and I'm not going to waste my time switching camera angles, adjusting the zoom and height until I find the one that works best.

The only way I've been able to enjoy the game at all is by using classic and all-time teams. Haven't had any issue with classic teams and the few games I played with all-time teams I only noticed a few slow downs (not as smooth as using classic teams but a lot better than using current teams). You can also use current teams in scrimmage mode without issue but it takes a lot away from the experience (no fouls, no game clock, no shot clock, no crowd, no announcers, etc). But if you want to be able to play with current teams and players it's probably the best option at the moment.

But I've said it a couple times, we shouldn't have to go through gymnastics to play and enjoy the game. I couldn't imagine having to do deal with this with any other kind of brand new product.
Old 10-21-2019, 08:27 PM   #583
Pro

OVR: 0

Sorry for this question but what stuttering? Examples of it? I’m in a Pro and I go back an forth between Broadcast and 2k cam and haven’t noticed or at least don’t know what I’m looking for.
Old 10-21-2019, 08:44 PM   #584
Pro

OVR: 7

The stuttering starts happening once the shot clock reaches 6 seconds. Same bs after 7 patches.
It's been over a month since I bought this game and I really can't enjoy it.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »