Home

Game Is Stuttering! [PS4 Pro Related]

This is a discussion on Game Is Stuttering! [PS4 Pro Related] within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2019, 08:51 PM   #585
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Game is stuttering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjthomas121
Sorry for this question but what stuttering? Examples of it? I’m in a Pro and I go back an forth between Broadcast and 2k cam and haven’t noticed or at least don’t know what I’m looking for.
You'd notice it if you had it, I promise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2019, 11:45 PM   #586
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Man
The stuttering starts happening once the shot clock reaches 6 seconds. Same bs after 7 patches.
It's been over a month since I bought this game and I really can't enjoy it.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Operation Sports mobile app
Exactly this ^

For the record, all previous 2K games have been smooth and glorious from a framerate perspective.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:40 AM   #587
Rookie

EltonBrand42's Arena

OVR: 0

Stuttering is safe and sound on PS4 PRO, even after patch 1.07.

It's not even better or worse, so I just assume they aren't working on it.
Old 10-22-2019, 07:37 AM   #588
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
I almost always give 2k the benefit of the doubt and I'll usually defend them if I think they're being unfairly criticized but I can't in this situation.

I refuse to believe they are unaware of the stuttering issue on PS4 Pro systems. IMO that's worse than 2K not being able to solve the problem. I'd rather them come out and say they are aware of the issue and haven't been able to find a fix yet than for them to act like the game is running perfectly fine.

My guess is that 2K doesnt want to acknowledge a problem they can't fix, especially one that makes the game nearly unplayable. It would look like they released a faulty product and customers would, rightfully, demand some type of reimbursement. If they instead act like there is no problem they can play it off like they never encountered the issue through their testing so it must be something on the users end causing the issue. That would also allow the to fix the problem without ever officially acknowledging and they can pretend it never existed in the first place. I don't know..just my little conspiracy theory on the situation.

Last thing I want to say is that it's BS what we (the people experiencing the problem) have to do in order to try to solve it on our end. Experimenting with different camera settings in order to find one that minimizes or eliminates the stutter. Shutting off the HDR feature, one of the reasons why people bought a Pro and 4k tv in the first place, to hopefully rectify the problem. Hell some people have gone as far to buy an entirely new console just so they can enjoy the game to the fullest. We shouldn't have to do any of that just play a game we purchased. I couldn't imagine that happening with any other brand new product. In almost every other situation where a customer buys a new product and it isn't working they are getting something back in return. Either their money back or a brand new product that works. The company usually isn't going to act like the problem you are experiencing doesn't exist and expect you to just deal with it.

Apologies for the long post but I'm just frustrated and fed up with this problem. Can't even play and enjoy the one game a look forward to every year because of this issue.
Exactly what it is that you said in bold!!!

I've been going back and forth with 2k support with loads of examples and videos and such and NO! They just keep telling me exactly the word that the game is running as it should and it's smooth they keep saying that since the release they keep saying they don't accept and all they care is money and they also implied that they won't refund or anything.

NBA 2K20 on PS4 Pro is a faulty product. That's that!
Old 10-22-2019, 08:08 AM   #589
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataman5
Exactly what it is that you said in bold!!!

I've been going back and forth with 2k support with loads of examples and videos and such and NO! They just keep telling me exactly the word that the game is running as it should and it's smooth they keep saying that since the release they keep saying they don't accept and all they care is money and they also implied that they won't refund or anything.

NBA 2K20 on PS4 Pro is a faulty product. That's that!
I wonder if there is a way to make more noise about this issue so that 2k can't ignore it. It's easy for them to ignore individual complaints but if there is a large number of Pro owners clamoring about the frame rate issue then 2K can't just brush it off. Maybe we can get a videogame site to post some kind of article about it. 2k is currently the highest selling game of 2019, there has to be a number of people experiencing the problem and I can't imagine this going under the radar if it happened in another big release title like COD, Assassin's Creed, etc.
Old 10-22-2019, 10:35 AM   #590
Pro

OVR: 0

You guys may want to spam the devs on Twitter. I mean SPAM them lol. LD2K seems to respond more than anybody else. I wanted to upgrade to the PS4 Pro but seeing these complaints have really changed my mind.
Old 10-22-2019, 11:10 AM   #591
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrupted
You guys may want to spam the devs on Twitter. I mean SPAM them lol. LD2K seems to respond more than anybody else. I wanted to upgrade to the PS4 Pro but seeing these complaints have really changed my mind.
Considering it. Might be the best option at this point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2019, 11:50 AM   #592
MVP

OVR: 14

Complain to Sony also, that a developer is doing a disservice to their product and providing a subpar experience for the user.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »