Home

Official MyPlayer/MyCareer Thread

This is a discussion on Official MyPlayer/MyCareer Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2018, 07:37 PM   #25
Pro

jp7588's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Official MyPlayer/MyCareer Thread

Just started with a 6'10" pure post scorer

Is there any way to turn playvision display on? Kinda awkward not knowing what I'm supposed to be doing off the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2018, 07:51 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp7588
Just started with a 6'10" pure post scorer

Is there any way to turn playvision display on? Kinda awkward not knowing what I'm supposed to be doing off the ball.
It's under coach settings.
Old 09-11-2018, 10:21 PM   #27
Rookie

XxCavaliers360's Arena

OVR: 1

Rebounding defender SF, 86 overall... the more and more I play, the more and more I feel like I'm stuck in the mud on defense, and like I wasted a build. Time to go play slamball; people take the park too seriously.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:55 AM   #28
Rookie

Bulletproof86's Arena

Made a 6'4 PG Playmaking Shotcreator and signed with Lakers, because they gave me the best offer unfortunately:
900 VC
Team Grade 2x
1 year contract

The whole line up is ****: nobody can shoot, nobody grab rebounds, no P&R, no Defense awareness, nothing....

Everybody think he s the go to guy: LeBron, Rondo, Ball, Corey Harris (what the **** is he doing here)
McGee is doing what he can to deserve the shaqtin fool MVP once again.
Beasley is the worst player ever, he is absolutely useless on offense and defence.

So after 11 Games Im finally Starter:
Difficult Shots and Ankle Breaker on Gold so I can create space for me and my teammates.

Noticed yesterday: The Rep Points were reduced....
f.e takeover was 200 now 160
assist was 70 now 50
and so on.....I guess I should thank to all the 24/7 grinders who are 94+ now, so 2k had to react.
Career getting worse from year to year.
The Gameplay is much better then 18 though. But I guess its a lil bit to slow especially in the park.
Old 09-12-2018, 06:40 AM   #29
MVP

Something cool, not only do commentaters acknowledge when you are getting close to/break8ng records like most points or 3's in a game i just got a bit of commentary saying i was tied for 3rd for most 50 point games in a season along with Kobe Bryant's 10.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:57 AM   #30
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Won't play for another month. I probably know the answer to this: Are we still stuck with default rosters in MyCareer?

I just don't like playing on default 2k rosters. I don't have a interest for historic rosters or MyTeam-esque rosters. I just want more realistic rosters. 2k tends to overrate players and their tendencies. Where they have Jayson Tatum rated higher than both Jaylen Brown and Al Horford. I remember in 2k17 at one time they had Richaun Holmes with a 80 3pt rating but a 30 Shoot 3pt tendency.

I know most likely know we are stuck with default rosters. But it would make playing in MyCareer more fun against CPU if they played more to their real life NBA counter parts
Old 09-12-2018, 11:46 AM   #31
Pro

nddot's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Won't play for another month. I probably know the answer to this: Are we still stuck with default rosters in MyCareer?

I just don't like playing on default 2k rosters. I don't have a interest for historic rosters or MyTeam-esque rosters. I just want more realistic rosters. 2k tends to overrate players and their tendencies. Where they have Jayson Tatum rated higher than both Jaylen Brown and Al Horford. I remember in 2k17 at one time they had Richaun Holmes with a 80 3pt rating but a 30 Shoot 3pt tendency.

I know most likely know we are stuck with default rosters. But it would make playing in MyCareer more fun against CPU if they played more to their real life NBA counter parts
This this and this. They added some cool stuff tjis year. But it still doesnt feel like its YourCareer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2018, 12:51 PM   #32
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungmeaks
This is my first time making an off-ball player this year (Two-Way Shooting Guard, Sharp/Lockdown) and I'm having trouble figuring out controls for off-ball movement. I feel like 2k doesn't tell you much about off-ball movement on offense at all. Any of y'all familiar? I'm molding my guys ala-Klay/Rip Hamilton.

What are the controls to push off defenders, create more space, etc?
If you haven't already, I'd recommend posting in the How-To thread.

But I believe you make cuts by using the right thumbstick. It seems like it doesn't always trigger for me though so maybe I'm doing something wrong sometimes.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »