Home

How did 2K fall so far from grace? Fan reviews are in

This is a discussion on How did 2K fall so far from grace? Fan reviews are in within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 08:16 PM   #49
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: How did 2K fall so far from grace? Fan reviews are in

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Yes I do. The very first my player had the real grind in it. Combine, summer league..drills,the works.

You can take a guess why summer league was removed,and it wasn't due to 2kjust wanting it out
Wasn't all that stuff for offline? I'm good with the grind being whatever you want for offline (which is one reason why I think they should be separate) but for an online game the grind is ridiculous, especially when you're locked into a build and if you have a life and a couple other games in your rotation it makes it really hard to experience more than one or two builds. Bad design for the online aspect.

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
Old 09-13-2018, 08:56 PM   #50
Pro

OVR: 0

They lost me as a long time fan.
Their target audience is the fornite crowd now who love meaningless additions and throw money at them through micro transactions which really, if people continue to do it they can’t be blamed for.
But nba basketball has taken a back seat for a game that has nba in the title which is really unfortunate
Old 09-13-2018, 09:07 PM   #51
Banned

prestwood90's Arena

Take two simply takes advantage of modern day society’s impatience, but modern day entitlement also affects the reviews lol double edged sword

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2018, 09:13 PM   #52
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnoodle321
Their target audience is the fornite crowd now who love meaningless additions and throw money at them through micro transactions which really, if people continue to do it they can’t be blamed for.
But nba basketball has taken a back seat for a game that has nba in the title which is really unfortunate
So why are you here? Serious question.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:16 PM   #53
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
From whats being played NBA basketball has not taken a backseat.

There are definitely things in this game that are straight up NBA, from signature styles, mannerisms, offenses, team schemes, series offenses, freelances, team defensive schemes, MyLeague, MyGM, and so on.

While i do wish they'd do a bit more, looking at metrics, those other modes demand attention too.

Cant say the same for NBA Live though.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:18 PM   #54
Rookie

I just watched Jim Sterling essentially call the game absolute trash due to the micro-transactions and I was shaking my head the whole time. The comment section for that video was so hard to read, they just see 2K as a dumb sports game that releases each year with no changes and extorts their idiotic fanbase with micro-transactions.

The perception non sports gamers have over this stuff is so radicalized their opinions are practically irrelevant. "Journalists" like Jim Sterling have the loudest voices and the least experience or knowledge of the game so it's impossible to take them seriously.

Offline this 2k19 is exceptional and the hard work gone into each game mode, AI and everything else should be pretty evident for those that sit down and actually play it.

That's my 2 cents.
Old 09-13-2018, 09:47 PM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaysonguy
The reason you're not seeing the sales drop is that they did a bait and switch.

They paid to have everyone on social media spread that the earnings were fixed and not as outright evil this year. Once the game launched and early access then started doing well with rewards that led more to buy it. Now that people are invested in the game and those who were going to avoid it didn't because the VC problem was fixed they went and changed it.

Don’t really follow sales news that closely to know what you’re referring to exactly, I just feel like most of their sales are from people like me. People who bought the previous years game, enjoyed playing it, and buy it again next year. Games like this that come out every year won’t survive if they don’t have a large percentage of returning costumers that bough the year before and decide to purchase again. If people hated it so much, the return customer base wouldn’t be there year after year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2018, 09:50 PM   #56
T.B
Rookie

T.B's Arena

Quote:
Really ? This is the best gameplay in years
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »