Home

2K banning users for auction house "sniping"

This is a discussion on 2K banning users for auction house "sniping" within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2018, 09:23 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2K banning users for auction house "sniping"

This was found out to be inaccurate. He was doing more than sniping. The update is in the link you posted. Should close this so that it doesn't spread misinformation.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:39 AM   #10
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by joepatowski
This was found out to be inaccurate. He was doing more than sniping. The update is in the link you posted. Should close this so that it doesn't spread misinformation.
What was he doing? Can you link to the comment that explains, or at least post that explanation here?
Old 10-18-2018, 12:25 PM   #11
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

Whats sniping?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2018, 02:26 PM   #12
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
Spoiler
Is that response in white by a 2k representative? Because that’s the completely opposite of what an auction is. By their definition, this ‘auction’ house should simply be called a ‘sell/buy’ house or markethouse, or store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockchisler
Whats sniping?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports]
In the world of ebay, or any auction format that uses a time limit (i.e. 12 hours, 3 days, 5 days, etc.), sniping is when someone waits until the very last second to place their bid in hopes that no one else has enough time to enter a competing bid. They do this to avoid pushing the final selling price high. I use this tactic if I potentially want something through ebay on the cheap; I wait until there is 10 to 5 seconds or less by enteing a maximum dollar amount to fend off any other potential sniper. The more bids an item gets early on, the greater likelihood it’ll draw attention and in turn, more bids come in to push the selling price higher and higher. Manual sniping requires you to be actively present. There are various sniping programs that does it automatically for you.

With tradition auctions, there are no time limits and sniping doesn’t exist. Every bid ‘resets’ the clock so to speak.

And no, I don’t care about 2k’s auction house. I don’t care about VC, etc. Offline gamer, standard NBA mode only.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 10-18-2018, 02:44 PM   #13
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
...In the world of ebay, or any auction format that uses a time limit (i.e. 12 hours, 3 days, 5 days, etc.), sniping is when someone waits until the very last second to place their bid in hopes that no one else has enough time to enter a competing bid. They do this to avoid pushing the final selling price high. I use this tactic if I potentially want something through ebay on the cheap; I wait until there is 10 to 5 seconds or less by enteing a maximum dollar amount to fend off any other potential sniper. The more bids an item gets early on, the greater likelihood it’ll draw attention and in turn, more bids come in to push the selling price higher and higher. Manual sniping requires you to be actively present. There are various sniping programs that does it automatically for you.

With tradition auctions, there are no time limits and sniping doesn’t exist. Every bid ‘resets’ the clock so to speak.

And no, I don’t care about 2k’s auction house. I don’t care about VC, etc. Offline gamer, standard NBA mode only.
Came for this explanation. Didn't know this had a name. On eBay, I bid like this almost exclusively. Didn't realize I was a sniper. Sounds much cooler than "bidding at the last second".
Old 10-18-2018, 03:08 PM   #14
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

According to yyy2k the guy was banned for something else. It seems like the customer service guy was misinformed or something?

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »