Home

Most of my friends aren't even playing this game anymore.

This is a discussion on Most of my friends aren't even playing this game anymore. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2018, 03:10 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Most of my friends aren't even playing this game anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldzy
Think it's just you bro, this is the best 2k ever me and my boys be ballin every day
You definitely sound like somebody who plays 2K everyday.
Old 10-18-2018, 03:15 PM   #34
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

Yeah I don't recommend 2k to anyone I know, I would feel guilty for introducing anyone to this grind.

I dont enjoy the offline modes, so those that do may have a different opinion. But online is horrendous. There's just no balance and it's not enjoyable. They made shooting way too easy and there is no option to play online with a better shooting system. And I am not a believer in oh contest should miss and open should hit.

I want something close to real life, thats why im playing NBA 2k. I want open shots to hit more than contested ones but I want ratings to matter more. I want balanced gameplay so it is enjoyable to play different positions instead of having the 1-4 be sharps. I also wish that we could switch positions instead of the boring *** grind for each character but I could live with it if they could at least fix the other stuff.

I've played so much less of this 2k than the others because some of my friends cant commit to the grind and it just takes so long to play. In the time I play 2 games of JRC I could probably have played 8 games of NHL or FIFA

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html
Old 10-18-2018, 04:25 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barncore
Sick of online play? Play god with the NBA landscape, play MyLeague! Join us...

Haha. I read dudes can't even get past yr 1 off season, were they trolling or has that been fixed? I love my LG simcast n cpu v cpu. I'm a bball nerd. But I wanna go like 30 years out. When dude's sons are retiring.

The introduction of takeover mode was the final facepalm for me. I just don't see why. 2k18 plays well cpu v cpu or simcast as I always say except for height. You can't fix height or that cs get most of the rebs. You can make em mad slow and take away their vert. I think if I went into each player directly I might be able to, but eh.

If I want that I'm cool w 18. I was v close to what I felt was looking good. The thing is, I want a game I can play, too. Not a visual bball rpg. Not a fan of the paint by numbers play running and I dunno why people feel the NBA unfolds like that. I want a game that you have to make quick decisions and that the cpu throws different looks at you. I wanna feel surprised by Ai even if their attempt fails spectacularly. Everyone just standing there while u run to a spot, start the play, try to go thru it.. I dunno. Like I said cpu v cpu it's fun. I'd play coach mode if they still had it. But I don't see why I'd wanna be the one going thru the motions when it's basically automatic.

But anyway. I will say no more in this thread. Atm disappointed in general w bball gms. Gonna have to dig in the bin to find something if I get that itch to actually simulate nba bball now that the season started.

-Smak
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2018, 06:50 PM   #36
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

Hm seems like users are finally realizing this company just wants to take unfair advantage of them, aside from the offline modes that they port over each year that they barely work on, all the other modes in this game are just schemes.
Old 10-18-2018, 07:03 PM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by olajuwon34
Hm seems like users are finally realizing this company just wants to take unfair advantage of them, aside from the offline modes that they port over each year that they barely work on, all the other modes in this game are just schemes.
You must play mainly online

You cant possibly play myleague with this statement. Or maybe you have but I can bet you haven't touched a third of the features available to you or you wouldn't call it a "port that they barely work on"...

But I guess most people don't play those modes. I have rarely seen players go into the advanced lineup menu and stagger minutes of players to maximize lineups but gems like this is available and people dont even know it.

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk
Old 10-18-2018, 07:58 PM   #38
MVP

ph33's Arena

Most of my friends aren't even playing this game anymore.

Nvm nvm nvm
Old 10-18-2018, 08:28 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplechin
Yeah I don't recommend 2k to anyone I know, I would feel guilty for introducing anyone to this grind.

I dont enjoy the offline modes, so those that do may have a different opinion. But online is horrendous. There's just no balance and it's not enjoyable. They made shooting way too easy and there is no option to play online with a better shooting system. And I am not a believer in oh contest should miss and open should hit.

I want something close to real life, thats why im playing NBA 2k. I want open shots to hit more than contested ones but I want ratings to matter more. I want balanced gameplay so it is enjoyable to play different positions instead of having the 1-4 be sharps. I also wish that we could switch positions instead of the boring *** grind for each character but I could live with it if they could at least fix the other stuff.

I've played so much less of this 2k than the others because some of my friends cant commit to the grind and it just takes so long to play. In the time I play 2 games of JRC I could probably have played 8 games of NHL or FIFA

Like you said:

1. The Grind
2. Pure Sharps / Stretches are OP EVERY. SINGLE. DAMN. YEAR.

More than anything, I think it's the Grind that has -- like many have predicted -- has burnt people out. This is a VIDEOGAME. It shouldn't feel like labor lol. Just give people their damn ratings and badges so that they can do the one thing they're there for -- COMPETE WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND HAVE FUN.

2K14 had crew mode (5v5 street). Why was this game way more fun?

1) You spent $20 on VC, picked 5 sig skills and were SET. Hop into full-out competition. No "Grind" Just Balling and developing your TEAM.

2) You can easily make 5-7 builds and try out different builds without spending $300 on VC. You want to get a new player to a 85 OVR (pre-Grind). Yeah, that'll be $50 please or 10000 hours of your no-life.

3) More friends were on. Why? 'Cause more and more people dropped off after the grind machine went overdrive. They weren't THAT hardcore, to spend $100 or $200 for the full year on a VIDEOGAME.

4) More Leaderboards. Everyone checking to see who the "#1 player in the world" was etc

2K isn't thinking about the #1 thing -- keeping customers and growth. You don't grow by burning people out or by making the entry to competition more difficult. Burning out doesn't happen overnight, it's a process, so 2K hasn't felt the financial pain of it yet. But 2K19+ might reveal that 2K's strategy is starting to backfire on them. People just want to hop in and play the game. There needs to be a balance.
Old 10-18-2018, 09:39 PM   #40
Banned

Housh123's Arena

This is a great game

Only reason i slowed down was because it’s such a good game that added a skill gap that it’s hard finding randoms good enough to win with and i was tired of losing

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »