Home

NBA 2k vs Watching Pelicans vs Rockets real life Wednesday night game

This is a discussion on NBA 2k vs Watching Pelicans vs Rockets real life Wednesday night game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2018, 07:44 AM   #9
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k vs Watching Pelicans vs Rockets real life Wednesday night game

For all the flack 2K18 gets, it had the most realistic approach to the drive game. You rarely see guys get stonewalled in real life; rather, guys consistently get beat on the first step, which leads to players helping and rotating on defense.

The issue with 2K18 was that rotations didn't happen properly, leading people to hate the "blow bys."

Unfortunately, rather than try to fix the defense with proper help and rotations, they took the shortcut way out and just increased the amount of bumping, regardless of physics and momentum. Even off the ball, it's damn near impossible to get to your spot without getting stuck on a defender. Coupled with the ridiculously inhuman reaction speed of the CPU in the passing lanes, and it really is a major step backwards from a realism standpoint.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:04 AM   #10
Rookie

Riggins's Arena

Yeah you can't really play iso and take guys off the dribble that's my issue with the game. If I'm using Kyrie and a big guy is guarding me I should be able to create some space with some dribble moves and hit a jumper or blow right by them and get help defense and kick out to the open guy. In 2K the defender will stay on me every time.

Fratagonia on YouTube, Fratagonia Sports Gaming.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:05 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 4

I can accept that 2k is a video game and only can do so much when you have to cater to the online world. But why is the game so damn slow though. Even with speed sliders is so sluggish. Running in sand.

Help defense and rotating has been 2ks biggest issue for years. This game has doesnt represent and professional bball anymore. Its all attempts to combat online now.

I know most of yall want give it a shot but Live is closer to sim bball in its current state. 2k has all the tools but need to separate the offline and online modes completely. Coming from a offline only guy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2018, 08:27 AM   #12
Rookie

I am enjoying park more this year than any other mode. I have always been a diehard MyLeague guy, but I can't seem to get into the games this year. I'll play 3-4 mins into the first quarter..become increasingly unsatisfied and go straight back to park. Weird how they can't just find a happy medium between last year and this year. A little hip riding is fine...not sure why we are back to brick walls. Also, when I see my opponent reacting to my input and not my man's movement I get upset lol. 2k18 park was doo doo, though..you gotta have both games to have the full package imo
Old 10-18-2018, 08:40 AM   #13
Pro

While I understand it’s just a video game, I will say that no one lays it up like the standard standing layup in this game. I was looking closely in the Raptors game. No one uses those mini hook shots in the restricted area. Guys use the backboard or move their hand closer to the hoop and finger roll/pop it in. Especially the big guys. There’s also no long extended gathers to do layups. They’re fast and smooth.
Old 10-18-2018, 09:52 AM   #14
MVP

Koosa1027's Arena

The fact that this is a thread comparing a video game to real life just makes me realize how far we have came in gaming! Fact is, a video game will likely never be a 1:1 comparison to real life. People can move freely however they want but a computer code is not likely to give you that exact same movement. Think about all the mocapping they do with "real people" alot of that stuff isn't even 100% accurate in game and it's not just 2k, it's pretty much every video game.

~Koosa10:27~
SIM is a MINDSET...Don't cheat the game and you'll get better results ~Koosa10:27~

Last edited by Koosa1027; 10-18-2018 at 04:26 PM.
Old 10-18-2018, 09:56 AM   #15
Rookie

hurricane83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koosa1027
The fact that this is a thread comparing a video game to real life jist makes me realize how far we have came in gaming! Fact is, a video game will likely never be a 1:1 comparison to real life. People can move freely however they want but a computer code is not likely to give you that exact same movement. Think about all the mocapping they do with "real people" alot of that stuff isn't even 100% accurate in game and it's not just 2k, it's pretty much every video game.

~Koosa10:27~

Good point. Not expecting a 1:1 but movement is a big part of basketball and 2k has failed miserably in the movement department. Great point nonetheless my guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-18-2018, 10:55 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
For all the flack 2K18 gets, it had the most realistic approach to the drive game. You rarely see guys get stonewalled in real life; rather, guys consistently get beat on the first step, which leads to players helping and rotating on defense.

The issue with 2K18 was that rotations didn't happen properly, leading people to hate the "blow bys."

Unfortunately, rather than try to fix the defense with proper help and rotations, they took the shortcut way out and just increased the amount of bumping, regardless of physics and momentum. Even off the ball, it's damn near impossible to get to your spot without getting stuck on a defender. Coupled with the ridiculously inhuman reaction speed of the CPU in the passing lanes, and it really is a major step backwards from a realism standpoint.
This was my thoughts. Well said

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »