Home

The Defense has to recover 50/50 balls...

This is a discussion on The Defense has to recover 50/50 balls... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2018, 11:58 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The Defense has to recover 50/50 balls...

YES! This is subtly one of the most annoying little things wrong with 2K19. It feels impossible to recover loose balls as a defender. And not just against the CPU. Just played a game where I poked the ball loose into the backcourt and my friend and I both ran for it but MY guy stumbled on his *** for some reason and HIS guy speed-boosted to the ball, effectively taking me out of the play.

Along with the irrecoverable loose balls, there are WAAAY too many blocks and deflected passes that go right back into the offensive player's hands almost like it was all part of the plan lol. Especially deflections that get deflected TOWARD the basket towards the player cutting to the rim, literally making it easier for them to dunk...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2018, 02:09 AM   #26
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I'm mostly confident that the game is NOT scripted. However, I think the game is very driven by badges and ratings, and the defense is mostly an afterthought. The benefit of the doubt will mostly go to the offense.
I disagree, iv been playing 2k for a long time, i can tell when sliders are switched during certain parts of the game, which is how they most likely do their scripting, is with slider adjustments throughout a game, whether subtle or blatant, certain defenders all of a sudden moving out of position on purpose, 5 offensive rebounds in a row at the most opportune time, contested smothered shots go in at certain points.

The obvious one i notice when i feel there is some scripting going on, is when i cant body up or engage the computer on defense, on ball or off ball sometimes, they will literally slide me out of the way like they've turned collision off.
Old 12-31-2018, 10:08 AM   #27
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by olajuwon34
I disagree, iv been playing 2k for a long time, i can tell when sliders are switched during certain parts of the game, which is how they most likely do their scripting, is with slider adjustments throughout a game, whether subtle or blatant, certain defenders all of a sudden moving out of position on purpose, 5 offensive rebounds in a row at the most opportune time, contested smothered shots go in at certain points.

The obvious one i notice when i feel there is some scripting going on, is when i cant body up or engage the computer on defense, on ball or off ball sometimes, they will literally slide me out of the way like they've turned collision off.
Scripted meaning that the outcome was already pre-determined by the game before the game is over. Depending on your playstyle, certain things may seem scripted. If you know how to play defense and are able to poke the ball loose consistently, the game may seem scripted to "favor" your opponent, because you can't force a turnover to save your life. Yet, the same opponent can

I believe a lot these problems are caused by ratings and badges, and I'll add sliders and ACE to the mix. To me, the gameplay is fine. It's just trying to figure out how to make the AI players use common sense from a basketball perspective.
Old 01-01-2019, 12:06 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 9

Scripted, coded, how ever you want to put it, it's there.

We already know 2K hard codes things in the game!

If you disagree I'll use a gaming logic word, nerfed. 2K has confirmed certain things (programming) is nerfed.

Programming is another word for coding or script.

There are many unrealistic scripted issues in 2K.

The ball goes out that is triggered by an animation, yet the ball goes out on the CPU but is a turnover.

If there are canned animations then there is scripting.

Last edited by keshunleon; 01-01-2019 at 12:08 PM.
Old 01-01-2019, 12:40 PM   #29
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshunleon
Scripted, coded, how ever you want to put it, it's there.

We already know 2K hard codes things in the game!

If you disagree I'll use a gaming logic word, nerfed. 2K has confirmed certain things (programming) is nerfed.

Programming is another word for coding or script.

There are many unrealistic scripted issues in 2K.

The ball goes out that is triggered by an animation, yet the ball goes out on the CPU but is a turnover.

If there are canned animations then there is scripting.
People want to believe so badly that the game is scripted despite Mike Wang posting almost every year that the game isn't... smh.
Old 01-01-2019, 03:34 PM   #30
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
I posted this awhile back, I think it's pretty relevant here. Gotta laugh here. Three of my guys around him, and his back is turned, but the magic ball comes right back to him. I should've let this recording go, because of course you know he put it right back up for a score.

via Gfycat

Now that is straight bs and blatant cheating. That ball was definitely supposed to be snatched up by Joker. But yet it magically falls into Adams hands even though his back is turned lol smh.
Old 01-01-2019, 04:51 PM   #31
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
Now that is straight bs and blatant cheating. That ball was definitely supposed to be snatched up by Joker. But yet it magically falls into Adams hands even though his back is turned lol smh.
No kidding. I get making Adams a good offensive rebounder...not like that tho.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-01-2019, 05:47 PM   #32
Rookie

Icxikul's Arena

I do feel somethings are scripted when it comes to rebounds also. I don’t have a video but I’ll explain what happens a lot. I would lay it up for an easy basket then the ball would rim out but hangs around the rim. At this time I am hitting triangle with three of my players and they act like they got bricks in their shoes. Sometimes they would just miss grabbing the rebound then the ball decides to just come down close to where CPU is for them to grab it. I’m like so nobody could get the dang rebound all that jumping for nothing.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »