Home

Since when is "Rondo ball" good basketball strategy?

This is a discussion on Since when is "Rondo ball" good basketball strategy? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2019, 05:28 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: Since when is "Rondo ball" good basketball strategy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
Demars at sf because they have a 3 guard lineup lol.
It should be noted that Bryn Forbes and Marco Belinelli (the Spurs SGs) are very much in-line with the SG breakdown. They are shooters that don't drive.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters
Old 03-12-2019, 09:23 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 3

This is the absolute worst passing 2k of all time. How varied can you get offensively when passes have excessive wind ups, the game started with passing lanes op and passes that move the recipient ( often times directly to a defender for a steal).
Old 03-13-2019, 10:59 AM   #35
MVP

tru11's Arena

OVR: 0

Have little issue passing the ball.

Any passing TO i have, is just me making a dumb decision.

Quite frankly the game is quite generous with so little airbourne passes missing the target.

Pretty hilarious how some guy think its a good idea to try to dunk it on 3 defenders and then at the last second actually manages to pass it accurately to a teammate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2019, 12:30 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
This is the absolute worst passing 2k of all time. How varied can you get offensively when passes have excessive wind ups, the game started with passing lanes op and passes that move the recipient ( often times directly to a defender for a steal).
Don't agree, but I will say the CPU can fit passes into their center alot better than me when I'm technically defending in front with my Center and should be able to deflect or intercept.

I think the biggest reason for 5 out offense popularity lies in it's simplicity. Let your best ball hander/passer/scorer probe around until there's a guy open. Steve Nash did this with the Suns, the Rockets do this. Haven't watched the Bucks, but I think they do it too with Giannis. While watching a motion offense like the Warriors looks aesthetically pleasing, the downside of that offense is complexity, which leads to more turnovers vs a team like the Rockets with their simplistic ISO offense.

Last edited by k1ngofny; 03-13-2019 at 12:34 PM.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:19 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1ngofny
Don't agree, but I will say the CPU can fit passes into their center alot better than me when I'm technically defending in front with my Center and should be able to deflect or intercept.

I think the biggest reason for 5 out offense popularity lies in it's simplicity. Let your best ball hander/passer/scorer probe around until there's a guy open. Steve Nash did this with the Suns, the Rockets do this. Haven't watched the Bucks, but I think they do it too with Giannis. While watching a motion offense like the Warriors looks aesthetically pleasing, the downside of that offense is complexity, which leads to more turnovers vs a team like the Rockets with their simplistic ISO offense.
Disagree with what specifically?
Old 03-13-2019, 03:01 PM   #38
Rookie

"Rondo ball" is a good strategy in 2K19 because screens/Brick Wall is OP and there are too many spammable dribble god animations. Why run an offense when you can stand around and watch your PG do the same dribble combo over and over until they get the ankle breaker animation they're looking for?
Old 03-14-2019, 09:34 AM   #39
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBake
"Rondo ball" is a good strategy in 2K19 because screens/Brick Wall is OP and there are too many spammable dribble god animations. Why run an offense when you can stand around and watch your PG do the same dribble combo over and over until they get the ankle breaker animation they're looking for?

Because if you’re not that pg, how is your game any fun?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Old 03-14-2019, 10:45 AM   #40
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
This is very true. Some of the passing animations are TERRIBLE. Lead passes easily cause turnovers as well. SMH.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »