Home

You just cannot make shots right in front of AI's face.

This is a discussion on You just cannot make shots right in front of AI's face. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2019, 10:58 AM   #9
Rookie

laflame's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: You just cannot make shots right in front of AI's face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Ummmmmmm....that just sounds like bad basketball and poor shot selection. Why not work for open shots?
Basketball is not played on paper, if you watch you’ll see NBA players hit contested shots in reality. Any time someone discusses an aspect of this video game that they think needs improvement you have someone such as yourself come into the thread, not read the topic of discussion and leave a comment contributing nothing coaching them on how to play 2k.
Old 02-08-2019, 11:03 AM   #10
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by laflame
Basketball is not played on paper, if you watch you’ll see NBA players hit contested shots in reality. Any time someone discusses an aspect of this video game that they think needs improvement you have someone such as yourself come into the thread, not read the topic of discussion and leave a comment contributing nothing coaching them on how to play 2k.
Getting an open shot is the coaching. Why force a contested shot when you can get a easy open shot?

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 02-08-2019 at 11:05 AM.
Old 02-08-2019, 11:34 AM   #11
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Some players can hit contested shots a bit tbh. It was even easier at launch before all the patches. Of course it depends on which players you are using, their ratings, their badges, your shot timing AND who's defending you. For example, I take lightly contested shots a bit with PG and drain them a fair amount cuz PG's contested shot rating is still high. But say i'm being guarded by Jimmy Butler...i'm NOT taking the contested shot. You still have to be smart when taking them and you have to know which players can more likely hit those contested shots...guys like Curry, KD, Harden, ect, just to name a few. The guys with high contested shot ratings and deadeye badges are the one's you need to be shooting with if you wanna take contested shots. I find you have more success draining the shots that are just lightly contested with players like those though, which is fair. It's still a game at the end of the day...can't just let guys go around making tons of contested shots.

Last edited by WarMMA; 02-08-2019 at 11:40 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2019, 11:42 AM   #12
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
Some players can hit contested shots a bit tbh. It was even easier at launch before all the patches. Of course it depends on which players you are using, their ratings and your shot timing AND who's defending you. For example, I take lightly contested shots a bit with PG and drain them a fair amount cuz PG's contested shot rating is still high. But say i'm being guarded by Jimmy Butler...i'm NOT taking the contested shot. You still have to be smart when taking them and you have to know which players can more likely hit those contested shots...guys like Curry, KD, Harden, ect, just to name a few. The guys with high contested shot ratings and deadeye badges are the one's you need to be shooting with if you wanna take contested shots. I find you have more success draining the shots that are just lightly contested with players like those though, which is fair. It's still a game at the end of the day...can't just let guys go around making tons of contested shots.
Exactly. Most times, my contested shots are a results of me trying to beat the **** clock, or the defense was able to close out on me. Every and now then, I might pull up if the defender gave me too much space. I just take what the defense gives me, but I'm not going to force the issue.
Old 02-08-2019, 11:46 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Getting an open shot is the coaching. Why force a contested shot when you can get a easy open shot?
We are not discussing about playing good or bad baskeball
Old 02-08-2019, 12:05 PM   #14
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by goma76
We are not discussing about playing good or bad baskeball
Then if the subject is merely hitting contested shots over the AI for the sake of doing it, then he'll need to adjust the sliders and/or ratings....
Old 02-08-2019, 01:58 PM   #15
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

The problem with 2K is there’s no equality when it comes to shots from user players vs shots from the ai. You can have a great slasher and finisher on your team the will consistently blow layups at the rim because a defender looked in his direction or a good shooter brick jumpers because someone 5 feet away waved at him. Meanwhile the ai players will literally slide a bigger player in good defensive position out of the way to get a shot at the rim or they will knock down shots over good defenders that are all in their jersey with ease. Yeah you can tweak sliders but I have yet to find a slider set that addresses these issues without going to far in either direction making good players too good or making them bad or making bad players good or making them too bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2019, 03:05 PM   #16
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11

Good to see you're enjoying the game for what it is and looking for ways to improve the gameplay to your liking. . . we all know it's NOT going to ever be perfect but I'm with you, I'm currently making the best out of what I got until it gets better. . .

I don't think there is one cure for all so outside of taking open shots the only other bandaids available are tweaking sliders and custom rosters. . .

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »