Home

You just cannot make shots right in front of AI's face.

This is a discussion on You just cannot make shots right in front of AI's face. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2019, 01:48 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: You just cannot make shots right in front of AI's face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
There's a lot of good conversation in this thread. Personally, I considered these video examples of what I would consider "shooting in someone's face". Actually, these are the shots that I generally live with when my opponent hit them. Although I'm mostly a PNO player, I do play opponents who are too scared to play their own defense, so I end up playing against the AI anyway.

I guess I interpreted the original post as meaning to shoot a contested shot where the defender is 0-2 ft away from the ball handler. That's a no-no in my book. If anything, most of those shot results would usually end up in a shooting foul anyway, because most good offensive players will try to play for the foul due to the defender being too close.
0-2 feet away ? Lol spoken like somebody who never played. Shooting in somebodies face are late close outs/contests.

It would also apply to guys with heigh advantages who aren’t affected by contests cause they can still see the rim and get their shot off. It’s a game off inches shooters don’t need much space or time
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2019, 04:08 AM   #42
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
Those are wide open shots lol.

Once a player gets that type of separation they’re open I really question if any of you played ball at any type of competitive level.

https://youtu.be/fW1A1A4vN_M

1:35

From Scottie pippens own mouth once a player gets that type of separation on a step back he doesn’t think he can contest or affect a shot lol

“All I can do is close out I don’t think I can block your shot I don’t even think I can affect it”.

Those videos are open jumpers not what op spoke on.
What?? you telling me that both of them shot is wide open???? when they got bump already because of close contested shot??..

i respect your opinion keep holding on what you think is right and i keep mine.

"OS people will not agree on something even if there is a video clip involved unless it happens to them"
Old 02-13-2019, 01:13 PM   #43
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
0-2 feet away ? Lol spoken like somebody who never played. Shooting in somebodies face are late close outs/contests.

It would also apply to guys with heigh advantages who aren’t affected by contests cause they can still see the rim and get their shot off. It’s a game off inches shooters don’t need much space or time
For now op's best bet to achieve what he's talking about is to tweak the jumpshot contest strength sliders. Make the jumpshot release contest strength a decent amount weaker than the jumpshot gather contest strength. This is how I have mine set and shooting is much more realistic. Things like jumping late, late contest, late close outs, ect, always result in light contest or open shots.

Last edited by WarMMA; 02-13-2019 at 03:03 PM.
Old 02-14-2019, 02:37 PM   #44
Rookie

I think the issue is similar to being unable to just blow by most defenders with average players unless you actually use dribble (right stick) moves. You actually need to create some space with your "light contested" shots. I still make a pretty good amount of my post fadeaways this way. Bottom line, if you just shoot it in your opponent's face without any moves to create space, it's probably not going in.
Old 02-14-2019, 03:59 PM   #45
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1ngofny
I think the issue is similar to being unable to just blow by most defenders with average players unless you actually use dribble (right stick) moves. You actually need to create some space with your "light contested" shots. I still make a pretty good amount of my post fadeaways this way. Bottom line, if you just shoot it in your opponent's face without any moves to create space, it's probably not going in.
Yh it's still possible on default settings, but still nothing like it should be. The real issue is the contest strength isn't realistic on the default difficulties. Like said in previous post, if you look at the default sliders, you'll see they have jumpshot gather defense strength and jumpshot release defense strength the same accross the board. This allows the CPU to sometimes be able to get effective contest in situations where they shouldn't. They can sometimes get away with things like late close outs, late contest or jumping late cuz of it. Irl a defender contesting a shot at its release is much less effective than if they were contesting it at its gather. Because if they are contesting at a shots release, that means its a late contest attempt and the shooter has already got a good look at the rim. But, this doesn't replicate on the games default sliders and defenders can contest your shot with the same effectiveness, whether they are late(at shots release) or early(at shots gather). This makes shooting outcomes unrealistic at times and makes it much harder than it should be to hit a shot when a defender is close to you, but not smothering you.

Last edited by WarMMA; 02-14-2019 at 04:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2019, 07:22 PM   #46
Pro

JoFri's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
if you look at the default sliders, you'll see they have jumpshot gather defense strength and jumpshot release defense strength the same accross the board
Just to share, one of the settings is kind of reversed - the higher it goes the weaker it goes. This was at launch so I'm not sure if this has been rectified

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-14-2019, 08:29 PM   #47
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoFri
Just to share, one of the settings is kind of reversed - the higher it goes the weaker it goes. This was at launch so I'm not sure if this has been rectified

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yh I know...the jumpshot contest strength sliders are totally backwards. Taking it lower is making it stronger and raising it higher is weakening it. Idk how they missed that, but yh its still that way.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:12 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoFri
Czar said they fixed this issue, so it should work properly
At least in my game its fixed, the lower the value the weaker the contest, so I guess its working

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »