Home

You just cannot make shots right in front of AI's face.

This is a discussion on You just cannot make shots right in front of AI's face. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2019, 09:17 PM   #49
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: You just cannot make shots right in front of AI's face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoribas3
Czar said they fixed this issue, so it should work properly
At least in my game its fixed, the lower the value the weaker the contest, so I guess its working
It is? Guess I gotta recheck.
Old 02-14-2019, 10:15 PM   #50
Pro

JoFri's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
It is? Guess I gotta recheck.

If this is the case then the difficulty level should reflect the changes accordingly. At rookie level, the setting is favored towards the User

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-14-2019, 10:30 PM   #51
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoFri
If this is the case then the difficulty level should reflect the changes accordingly. At rookie level, the setting is favored towards the User

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yh its not changed I just checked. Its still backwards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2019, 04:50 AM   #52
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
Yh I know...the jumpshot contest strength sliders are totally backwards. Taking it lower is making it stronger and raising it higher is weakening it. Idk how they missed that, but yh its still that way.
No it’s not. That issue was fixed a couple patches ago and those sliders work.

As for this thread, the fixes are very straightforward.
1. Default Shot Contest attributes are too high across the board and should be in the 60’s for most players.
2. Jump Shot Contest Gather/Contest Sliders can be lowered. Moving them below 35 is where you see contested shots begin to drop.
3. Shot Sliders (Close/Mid/3PT) should be lowered to create realistic shot percentages on Open looks. Roster attributes should be realistic first, but I’d recommend between 43-46 for both User/CPU.
Old 02-15-2019, 12:05 PM   #53
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
No it’s not. That issue was fixed a couple patches ago and those sliders work.
Idk man...doesn't seem fixed for me. I checked the lower difficulties sliders and compared them to the higher ones. Still seems backwards on mine.

EDIT: Yh you're right they are fixed. I was getting something mixed up.

Last edited by WarMMA; 02-15-2019 at 08:49 PM.
Old 02-15-2019, 12:08 PM   #54
In Bill we trust

Bdubb's Arena

OVR: 5

Step back threes makes the shot open and it drops if you time it with a good player.
Old 02-15-2019, 02:14 PM   #55
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
0-2 feet away ? Lol spoken like somebody who never played. Shooting in somebodies face are late close outs/contests.

It would also apply to guys with heigh advantages who aren’t affected by contests cause they can still see the rim and get their shot off. It’s a game off inches shooters don’t need much space or time
I was playing basketball long before you was born at a middle school, high school, and college (some) level. My main expertise was perimeter DEFENSE, rim protection, and rebounding. You just spoke like these d*mn young people who think offense is supposed to overcome anything and everything that the defense does.

Height advantage don't mean squat if I can pop the ball from underneath with good timing while you're going up, but you young people don't anything about that type of defense. As for the space and time....I have to give that up for you to get the shot off. If you think you're going to do a few stupid dribble moves that you saw on some And-1 mixtape, then think you're going to pull-up expecting to hit a shot, well you're a fool then.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2019, 08:22 PM   #56
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I was playing basketball long before you was born at a middle school, high school, and college (some) level. My main expertise was perimeter DEFENSE, rim protection, and rebounding. You just spoke like these d*mn young people who think offense is supposed to overcome anything and everything that the defense does.

Height advantage don't mean squat if I can pop the ball from underneath with good timing while you're going up, but you young people don't anything about that type of defense. As for the space and time....I have to give that up for you to get the shot off. If you think you're going to do a few stupid dribble moves that you saw on some And-1 mixtape, then think you're going to pull-up expecting to hit a shot, well you're a fool then.
These young high school kids dont know man. All they know is dribble the ball while looking at the floor the whole time and dribble 20 - 30 seconds and drive in for a wonky lay up. Im 5’10” and had to guard ppl that were 6’4”

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »