Home

NBA 2K20 wishlist thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K20 wishlist thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2019, 08:00 AM   #73
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K20 wishlist thread

More freedom in movement,right now (compared to other games like fifa) your movements aren't free enough,you'll get drawn in to players space like a magnet.

Free passing (manual passing)
Myleague gameplay needs to get rid off strange mycareer stuff (like when passing in to space to an open player and he just stands there,not taking a shot or passing it to someone else).
What I mean is sometimes when playing mycareer it feels like the CPU won't let you get easy assists,I'm sure you've been there a bunch of times.

Xbox :ettnollbajen
Old 04-30-2019, 12:54 AM   #74
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

MyCareer:

I know there will be another story. I'm tired of the whole entitled arrogant player who isn't a good teammate.

-Bring back the NCAA. I enjoyed the pre-NBA experience in 2k16 and 17. I would love a 4-5 game experience, draft combine.

Bring back Draft experience. I don't really care for the whole undrafted stories. I loved the draft experience from last gen. The interview process and ability to sway teams to or not to draft you. I get last two years, we were able to pick our team to start out at. I just want the realistic experience. I would love to start out in march madness similar to how Madden is doing this year. You have 4 games total. Lose and your off to pre draft experience. More games you player, the more chance to boost your stock and your ratings. I would love to see the pre-draft interviews. I would like draft to have logic. If team has an established starter I want them to avoid drafting you.

-I would love to see Summer League make a return. For me, the more depth they have the better.

-There needs to be less restrictions when choosing an Archetype. Still don't have the ability to recreate NBA stars. Our players are pretty much glorified role players. I get that they are shaping the archetypes with Pro-AM/E-Sports in mind. But for those who are offline only, we are restricted. If I want to have a player similar to a young legend, then let me. I would love to create a young Hakeem. I didn't spend a dime on VC this year. But I don't like they are strong arming you to buy it with starting you off as a 60 OVR player. I like the NBA Live model, where you start off at 70 OVR and physical ratings are pretty much at max capacity. That is how I want it. I don't want to see my player go from 50 speed to 80. Its very unrealistic. I rather start out around 70-80 OVR based on how well you do pre draft. I want my player to actually good at his playing style. If I'm a 3 & D player, I actually want to be able to defend and shoot 3s at the start. I get that they don't want everyone to be all around players. But our archetypes should be the base of our ability not the limitation. Think of players like Kawhi and Jimmy Butler. Started off as defensive role players, but with hard work they turned in elite two way players. But with our current set up, we can't become any better then what our archetype suggests. I want to earn the ability to add more elements to my game. I rather see MyCareer OVR grading similar to default rosters grading. There is no way most of these builds should reach 99 OVR. Either allow us to have players that are worth the 99 OVR or show true rating.

-Fix AI team Logic. Last few years, team roster logic has been terrible. I really dislike the constant logjam at positions especially when there isn't depth at other positions. I remember playing on a team last year as a Center and having 5 of 6 bench players being BIGs. Teams need to be more aware of their team needs. I hated being on contending teams with a starting teammate with a very low OVR. One thing they can do is use the team direction from MyLeague. Where your team can automatically decide whether it is contending or rebuilding. Where if your team is rebuilding, then we can expect them to have our young teammates to play a lot of minutes and not try to get better at weak positions. But if you're on a contending team, they will try to get better at position that is under performing. I remember being on a team that was doing well but we had this 75 OVR SF who only ability is to 3s at a low percentange. I wish teams would recognize when they need to get better at positions.
-Bring back individual ratings. I miss the days where we can individually boost each rating instead it being paired up. It gave us better ability to create the type of player we wanted. I remember one year that we had the ability to buy back ratings. Where if we spent 2000 XP/VC on a rating and didn't like it, we had ability to take it back and use the XP on a different rating. Also I don't like that they tied ratings to badges. I want to be able to improve Free Throw and On Ball D manually not have to grind for badges.

-Not sure how well it was received but, I would like to have the ability to each badge to Bronze like how it was a few years ago. With how restrictive archetypes has been, having the ability to earn any badge could make us have the player we want.

-There needs to be more depth as for as offline goes. Once you get past year 1 and get that max contract, nothing really to play for and to actually spend the money on besides accessories and clothes.

-Miscellaneous. When it comes to contract negotiations, I want to see how the moves the teams made. I never liked not knowing how the team will be constructed until I sim to start of season. As I progress to the final stage of contract negotiations, I want to see who else the team signed and who they drafted. A lot of times I am on the fence with choosing a team because I want to see if they actually improve their team or if they have a high draft pick I want to pair with. Also I want to be able to see mock drafts in the menu and keep up to date with future prospects. I want to be able to post tweets like we use too.

-Allow Manual Save. That is almost the biggest thing for me. I can't stand not being able to make manual saves. I don't like the auto save. So many times, I want to go back and do something over. Maybe I simmed ahead too much and a key player got injured. Or I signed with a team and instantly regret it. Or my team had a bad overall and I wanted to see if going back ensures we get top pick. I want to be able to load up a manual save without having to start over.

Last edited by illwill10; 04-30-2019 at 02:08 AM.
Old 04-30-2019, 02:06 AM   #75
MVP

zello144's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
MyCareer:

I know there will be another story. I'm tired of the whole entitled arrogant player who isn't a good teammate.

-Bring back the NCAA. I enjoyed the pre-NBA experience in 2k16 and 17. I would love a 4-5 game experience, draft combine.

Bring back Draft experience. I don't really care for the whole undrafted stories. I loved the draft experience from last gen. The interview procress and ability to sway teams to or not to draft you. I get last two years, we were able to pick our team to start out at. I just want the realistic experience. I would love to start out in march madness similar to how Madden is doing this year. You have 4 games total. Lose and your off to pre draft experience. More games you player, the more chance to boost your stock and your ratings. I would love to see the pre-draft interviews. I would like draft to have logic. If team has an established starter I want them to avoid drafting you.

-I would love to see Summer League make a return. For me, the more depth they have the better.

-There needs to be less restrictions when choosing an Archetype. Still don't have the ability to recreate NBA stars. Our players are pretty much glorified role players. I get that they are shaping the archetypes with Pro-AM/E-Sports in mind. But for those who are offline only, we are restricted. If I want to have a player similar to a young legend, then let me. I would love to create a young Hakeem. I didn't spend a dime on VC this year. But I don't like they are strong arming you to buy it with starting you off as a 60 OVR player. I like the NBA Live model, where you start off at 70 OVR and physical ratings are pretty much at max capacity. That is how I want it. I don't want to see my player go from 50 speed to 80. Its very unrealistic. I rather start out around 70-80 OVR based on how well you do pre draft. I want my player to actually good at his playing style. If I'm a 3 & D player, I actually want to be able to defend and shoot 3s at the start. I get that they don't want everyone to be all around players. But our archetypes should be the base of our ability not the limitation. Think of players like Kawhi and Jimmy Butler. Started off as defensive role players, but with hard work they turned in elite two way players. But with our current set up, we can't become any better then what our archetype suggests. I want to earn the ability to add more elements to my game. I rather see MyCareer OVR grading similar to default rosters grading. There is no way most of these builds should reach 99 OVR. Either allow us to have players that are worth the 99 OVR or show true rating.

-Fix AI team Logic. Last few years, team roster logic has been terrible. I really dislike the constant logjam at positions especially when there isn't depth at other positions. I remember playing on a team last year as a Center and having 5 of 6 bench players being BIGs. Teams need to be more aware of their team needs. I hated being on contending teams with a starting teammate with a very low OVR. One thing they can do is use the team direction from MyLeague. Where your team can automatically decide whether it is contending or rebuilding. Where if your team is rebuilding, then we can expect them to have our young teammates to play a lot of minutes and not try to get better at weak positions. But if you're on a contending team, they will try to get better at position that is under performing. I remember being on a team that was doing well but we had this 75 OVR SF who only ability is to 3s at a low percentange. I wish teams would recognize when they need to get better at positions.
-Bring back individual ratings. I miss the days where we can individually boost each rating instead it being paired up. It gave us better ability to create the type of player we wanted. I remember one year that we had the ability to buy back ratings. Where if we spent 2000 XP/VC on a rating and didn't like it, we had ability to take it back and use the XP on a different rating. Also I don't like that they tied ratings to badges. I want to be able to improve Free Throw and On Ball D manually not have to grind for badges.

-Not sure how well it was received but, I would like to have the ability to each badge to Bronze like how it was a few years ago. With how restrictive archetypes has been, having the ability to earn any badge could make us have the player we want.

-There needs to be more depth as for as offline goes. Once you get past year 1 and get that max contract, nothing really to play for and to actually spend the money on besides accessories and clothes.

-Miscellaneous. When it comes to contract negotiations, I want to see how the moves the teams made. I never liked not knowing how the team will be constructed until I sim to start of season. As I progress to the final stage of contract negotiations, I want to see who else the team signed and who they drafted. A lot of times I am on the fence with choosing a team because I want to see if they actually improve their team or if they have a high draft pick I want to pair with. Also I want to be able to see mock drafts in the menu and keep up to date with future prospects. I want to be able to post tweets like we use too.

-Allow Manual Save. That is almost the biggest thing for me. I can't stand not being able to make manual saves. I don't like the auto save. So many times, I want to go back and do something over. Maybe I simmed ahead too much and a key player got injured. Or I signed with a team and instantly regret it. Or my team had a bad overall and I wanted to see if going back ensures we get top pick. I want to be able to load up a manual save without having to start over.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2019, 05:26 AM   #76
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

I know they put a bandaid on this because it might be hard to fix, but every pass in the paint doesn't have to be a steal ....my main concern is when mismatches happen I have had a pg end up guarding a center and even if I pass it with Y(overhead pass) the pg will steal it because the pass is floaty and doesn't go over his head...I hope that's fixed in 20 when mismatches happen

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
Old 04-30-2019, 01:20 PM   #77
Rookie

Some players need to be more slippery than others. lEveryone is the same. Guys like deaaron fox and kemba walker need to be slippery.
Old 04-30-2019, 03:47 PM   #78
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ettnollbajen
More freedom in movement,right now (compared to other games like fifa) your movements aren't free enough,you'll get drawn in to players space like a magnet.

Free passing (manual passing)
Myleague gameplay needs to get rid off strange mycareer stuff (like when passing in to space to an open player and he just stands there,not taking a shot or passing it to someone else).
What I mean is sometimes when playing mycareer it feels like the CPU won't let you get easy assists,I'm sure you've been there a bunch of times.
THIS MAN...honestly I get so ANGRY tying to get around a body only to feel like an invisible wall is stopping me from progressing. I get picked from my own teammates then the person I'm playing against!!
Old 05-01-2019, 04:07 AM   #79
Rookie

It’s been on maybe the last three or four iterations of the game, but can you please get rid of the fake outlet throw away passes off of rebounds. If the offense takes a bad perimeter shot and I contest and leak out after, I shouldn’t be penalized with this fake throwing the ball out of bounds every time. That’s not true basketball and it sucks. If you don’t protect the backcourt then that’s your fault. One of the first things I noticed when I was learning the game back in the day was watching MJ play defense on the perimeter. He would contest and leak out on most perimeter shots. That’s how lot of those breakaway slams started and him being cat quick in passing lanes, of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-01-2019, 10:16 AM   #80
Just started!

I was just talking to 2k support because I wanted to create Travis Scott into 2k and I just thought why doesn’t 2k make YouTube videos on how to make some celebrities in 2k like especially ones that they have scanned so like why can’t we be Travis or why can’t we be quavo in the game. That would be so much fun

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »