Home

Stop joining JRC if your record is under 40%

This is a discussion on Stop joining JRC if your record is under 40% within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2019, 02:45 AM   #57
MVP

zello144's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Stop joining JRC if your record is under 40%

It's been a tough year for me in Park and in Rec. People just lose on purpose. At the end of the day though record doesn't matter.

I find it more fun taking a bunch of scrubs and beating a juggernaut of a team in rec.
Old 03-27-2019, 09:30 AM   #58
MVP

I’m going to be so real about this: If you come into the game with the mentality ‘Lol it’s just a video game’, I don’t want you playing with me.

It is a fact that this is a video game. However, I don’t know about some people, but I didn’t get on the game to lose. In my experience, when people say that ****, those are usually the ones that throw up stupid shots, make terrible passes, play almost no defense, and generally have extremely low IQ. Go grab a couple of your friends and play as a team, where you can play as stupid as you want. Don’t come into Rec/Park and waste other people’s time.
Old 03-27-2019, 01:02 PM   #59
Pro

Records should be removed from any style of pick up games, park and rec. I don’t know a single person that knows what their pick up game record is.
Teammate grade is all that’s needed.
Then 2k can accurately match make based on grade.
They need to improve their matching logic and going strictly by teammate grade would help.

People that say “it’s just a video game” are typically people that suck at the game and use that saying as an excuse for their lack of skill.
Sure, technically, it is just a video game, but at the end of the day it’s a competition.
All sports, video or irl, are just games if you want to use that line of thinking.
Some people make a career out of playing “just a video game” through the league or YouTube, some are just competitive and want to win, and some are casuals that dont care one way or the other.

This again could all be solved by 2k by selecting which type of people you want to play with and against. But since it took 2k 6 months to remove pushing, something that should have never been in a basketball sim in the first place, I don’t have any reason to believe that they will make any effort to improve matchmaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-27-2019, 01:53 PM   #60
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by awg811
Records should be removed from any style of pick up games, park and rec. I don’t know a single person that knows what their pick up game record is.
Teammate grade is all that’s needed.
Then 2k can accurately match make based on grade.
They need to improve their matching logic and going strictly by teammate grade would help.

People that say “it’s just a video game” are typically people that suck at the game and use that saying as an excuse for their lack of skill.
Sure, technically, it is just a video game, but at the end of the day it’s a competition.
All sports, video or irl, are just games if you want to use that line of thinking.
Some people make a career out of playing “just a video game” through the league or YouTube, some are just competitive and want to win, and some are casuals that dont care one way or the other.

This again could all be solved by 2k by selecting which type of people you want to play with and against. But since it took 2k 6 months to remove pushing, something that should have never been in a basketball sim in the first place, I don’t have any reason to believe that they will make any effort to improve matchmaking.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I agree about the teammate grade. However, I can't speak for anyone else here, but when I said "it's just a video game", it's not because I don't care about winning. When I play park or rec, I don't go out there playing like an idiot and chucking up crazy shots. I try to play as smart as possible; take open shots, kick out to the open man, play solid defense, etc. If we lose, of course I'll be frustrated, but I know that I did what I can to give us the best chance to win. At the end of the day I don't take it that serious. And why should I? I have other things to worry about. I have to focus on school, and I know most people here probably have jobs and some even families. It's not like I'm playing for money like the 2K League players or some competitive players are. It's not like I'm playing for some kind of championship or award. I just want to enjoy myself and have fun for a little bit. So I feel like saying "it's just a video game" should not mean that you suck or have excuses. Why can't there be a middle ground?

Last edited by CaVsFaN2273; 03-27-2019 at 02:30 PM.
Old 03-27-2019, 04:31 PM   #61
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaVsFaN2273
I agree about the teammate grade. However, I can't speak for anyone else here, but when I said "it's just a video game", it's not because I don't care about winning. When I play park or rec, I don't go out there playing like an idiot and chucking up crazy shots. I try to play as smart as possible; take open shots, kick out to the open man, play solid defense, etc. If we lose, of course I'll be frustrated, but I know that I did what I can to give us the best chance to win. At the end of the day I don't take it that serious. And why should I? I have other things to worry about. I have to focus on school, and I know most people here probably have jobs and some even families. It's not like I'm playing for money like the 2K League players or some competitive players are. It's not like I'm playing for some kind of championship or award. I just want to enjoy myself and have fun for a little bit. So I feel like saying "it's just a video game" should not mean that you suck or have excuses. Why can't there be a middle ground?
Glad that you chimed in, because I was ready to post the same thing. "It's just a video game" in sense that I'm not going to get my blood pressure up over it (not intentionally anyways, lol), or am I going to berate and belittle someone due to making a mistake. Also, I'm not going to shun someone, because of their record.

Having said that, I do play to win, because I'm just as competitive as the next person. However, it's not that important to me where I have to figure out every single cheat or exploit to win some games. I play to win, but I play to have fun too.

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 03-27-2019 at 08:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2019, 06:06 PM   #62
Rookie

mightyrx's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm in the same boat.
I play to win but not at all costs.
I laugh when I see elites hoop off spots in park because they don't want to face other elites or vips. I say bring on the competition. My park record reflects that mindset. I mostly run with randoms but I've found a great deal that play well and correctly. Record isn't end all be all. I try to get in as many games as I can because my time is finite. I can't burn an hour and only play 1 or 2 games. That's a waste of my time. Because at the end of the day, your record doesn't mean anything once the next 2k iteration comes out.
My .02
Making up Evidence Depending on Information Available
Old 03-27-2019, 08:08 PM   #63
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyrx
I'm in the same boat.
I play to win but not at all costs.
I laugh when I see elites hoop off spots in park because they don't want to face other elites or vips. I say bring on the competition. My park record reflects that mindset. I mostly run with randoms but I've found a great deal that play well and correctly. Record isn't end all be all. I try to get in as many games as I can because my time is finite. I can't burn an hour and only play 1 or 2 games. That's a waste of my time. Because at the end of the day, your record doesn't mean anything once the next 2k iteration comes out.
My .02
Honestly, I don't see how people find the time to be selective about who they play against. It's the main reason why I mainly play PNO. I can jump in, get a game, and then jump off. Waiting/Hunting for 20-30 minutes just to get a game (nevermind if you have good teammates) is ridiculous.

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 03-27-2019 at 09:30 PM.
Old 03-27-2019, 08:27 PM   #64
Rookie

Honestly Keith u might be outta pocket bro because my record is not great due to playing with random so you can't judge by the record bro and I know I'm not trash but have linked up with alot of trash randoms which messed up my record and I dont have time to wait for friends or having to go back to main screen after quitting out I just wanna play

Sent from my LG-H871 using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »