Home

Speed and acceleration sliders unlock the game

This is a discussion on Speed and acceleration sliders unlock the game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2019, 10:43 AM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Speed and acceleration sliders unlock the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
An OP here told me to change the

Speed Without Ball(Max)
Speed Without Ball(Min)

Acceleration without Ball(Max)
Acceleration without Ball(Min)

Speed With Ball(Max)
Speed With Ball(Min)

Acceleration With Ball(Max)
Acceleration With Ball(Min)

to 99 Max, and all Min sliders to 1 for both human and cpu, it turns 2k19 into an entirely different game. You can now exploit bigs in space. The defensive rotations and contests are more realistic. The drive and kick game is better and shot blocking is more realistic. I recommend others to try it out. Plays like a different game. Wowwww. I will never play default again.
No kidding!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2019, 11:14 AM   #66
Pro

OVR: 2

Great Stuff!!!

In our online league we've been playing with 80-20 (49 speed) since the very beginning of the season... Definitely these sliders are there to play around with and get a more realistic result (even though we all know that online everyting is a little bit less fluid)...
Old 06-24-2019, 11:56 AM   #67
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard-ian
Great Stuff!!!

In our online league we've been playing with 80-20 (49 speed) since the very beginning of the season... Definitely these sliders are there to play around with and get a more realistic result (even though we all know that online everyting is a little bit less fluid)...
For sure, it seems like other than the Speed/accel sliders, most of the sliders only need a point or two in one direction or the other to take care of annoyances.
Old 06-24-2019, 09:31 PM   #68
Rookie

BlastaX's Arena

Speed and acceleration sliders unlock the game

Have a slider set I’m working on built around player movement on court. Gameplay is a lot less stiff, but shooting foul calls are hit n miss though.
Old 06-30-2019, 06:31 PM   #69
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

This game has a huge library of animations...when players arent all jumbled up and glued to each other its engaging and fresh because you're constantly seeing something you haven't seen before..
Old 06-30-2019, 06:57 PM   #70
Pro

JoFri's Arena

The pass speed needs to be bumped bcos now the faster players can close out faster at the perimeters. The 'one pass' away gamble help defense needs to be punished.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-30-2019, 08:59 PM   #71
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
This game has a huge library of animations...when players arent all jumbled up and glued to each other its engaging and fresh because you're constantly seeing something you haven't seen before..
There are so many new animations I have seen since changing the speed. I am not sure they deal with the players being glued to one another, but that may be it. I can definitely see the difference between explosive players, and non explosive players. The animations seem to fit the players better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoFri
The pass speed needs to be bumped bcos now the faster players can close out faster at the perimeters. The 'one pass' away gamble help defense needs to be punished.

I have not had that problem. The speed bump has opened up the floor more for me now, because the players can be beat on wild closeouts. Also, jab steps work much better. There are only a few guys like Giannis out there. Do you have any video of guys guarding 2 players at once on a double? I am interested in seeing the problem you are having.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2019, 11:17 PM   #72
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoFri

Here's a short list of small slider based solutions to some common "2K problems":

-Floaty/Slow passes: Increase Pass slider.55 seemed good to me.

-Suction Screens/Stonewall Defenders: Decrease Body Up Sensitivity slider.I prefer the 20-30 range.Increasing Jumpshot Defense Strength slider also seems to help with getting through screens.

-Defenders being slid out of the way during Dunks and Layups: Increase Layup Defense Strength(Takeoff) Slider.

-Not enough shooting fouls: Increase Contact Shot Frequency sliders and Shooting Foul Frequency slider.

-Too many bump steals: Increase Ball Security slider for CPU.

-Psychic CPU Defenders: Reduce Defensive Awareness slider for User.

-Problems getting around CPU players (ex. CPU players hip riding the User to the basket too easily): Increase Lateral Quickness slider for CPU.

-Not enough Loose Ball situations: Decrease Hands slider for User.

-For better/more realistic shot blocking animations with better ball physics: Increase Shot Defense(Release) sliders; start at 70 then tweak to personal tastes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »