Home

Random...NBA 2K19 Sales

This is a discussion on Random...NBA 2K19 Sales within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2019, 06:37 PM   #41
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Random...NBA 2K19 Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Let me ask this...

Outside of the opinion of "I hate microtransactions", do anyone think microtransactions were bad in NBA 2K19? I thought it was waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy better than NBA 2K18. They were stingy as hell about giving up some VC.
I didn't have to buy one penny of VC in 19...I earned it through the daily challenges(3000 a day) the daily spin(double spin cause I made it to an I've 95), playing MC,(Gatorade,Jordan,Footlocker checks too) and I beat Court Conqueror plenty of times this year(25,000 each time)...while it isn't perfect I will say they weren't stingy with the VC this year imo

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Last edited by swac07; 08-12-2019 at 06:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2019, 06:43 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
This is a videogame, not drugs. The fact that you use that as an analogy says more about you and your disdain for the game than anything.

do some research on how the brain works. If you get to 1/10th of the understanding that created the freemium model, you will understand why it actually is like a drug.

Video games are like drugs cuzzz I luvvv 2 playyy, nah, not that. The way they are working your brain. Spin rewards, making you log in, do extra stuff to get VC.

I don't have any disdain for something as simple as a basketball game. There, yea, we can do the 'it's just a game.' But it's become a vehicle for some pretty toxic stuff. And, arguably, it's not being used to make the game better. Some people would be happy if the money they gained was making the game that much better, but it seems like it's being made more to make you grind or spend money.

I've made dudes w/o VC. The last time I bought vc was in 16, I spent 20. I spent 20 a couple times on VC over the years. I know how to game the system. You have no idea how much stress was gone from my life when I finally just said y'know what? It's not worth it. It's not. You might think it is, and cool... but I'd appreciate it if you didn't turn it around like "you are the one with the problem." No, it's a problem period.

I dunno if you play online and all, but you have to play a lot or do a lot to get appropriate VC, then you still gotta grind badges. It can be done, but it 's tedious grind. I don't wanna be always thinking about how to make more VC in 2k or how to make a non-meta build that isn't trash so I have to remake it.

But yea, say what you want, my dude, I'm pretty confident you're dead wrong. And I rarely come out and say something like that. It's just a matter of dealing with it. Most people who still like 2k admit micros/grind are at least kinda annoying and wish they weren't there. It's not right for you to defend a company that is coming up off of people. To play the empathy card... probably a lot of kids who just wanna be accepted and relevant in life.

-Smak
Old 08-14-2019, 07:42 PM   #43
In Bill we trust

Bdubb's Arena

OVR: 5

Wonder what sales would be if Park and NBA were two separate games. I can never tell if it's just Twitter but my goodness am I sick of them posting stuff like Ja Morants Rating and it's a barrage of trolls asking for park info. Like I'll dip into myplayer modes and what not out of bordem but my god I like to play some sim ball or franchise once in a while but I know for certain its not what sells.
Old 08-14-2019, 10:11 PM   #44
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
do some research on how the brain works. If you get to 1/10th of the understanding that created the freemium model, you will understand why it actually is like a drug.

Video games are like drugs cuzzz I luvvv 2 playyy, nah, not that. The way they are working your brain. Spin rewards, making you log in, do extra stuff to get VC.

I don't have any disdain for something as simple as a basketball game. There, yea, we can do the 'it's just a game.' But it's become a vehicle for some pretty toxic stuff. And, arguably, it's not being used to make the game better. Some people would be happy if the money they gained was making the game that much better, but it seems like it's being made more to make you grind or spend money.

I've made dudes w/o VC. The last time I bought vc was in 16, I spent 20. I spent 20 a couple times on VC over the years. I know how to game the system. You have no idea how much stress was gone from my life when I finally just said y'know what? It's not worth it. It's not. You might think it is, and cool... but I'd appreciate it if you didn't turn it around like "you are the one with the problem." No, it's a problem period.

I dunno if you play online and all, but you have to play a lot or do a lot to get appropriate VC, then you still gotta grind badges. It can be done, but it 's tedious grind. I don't wanna be always thinking about how to make more VC in 2k or how to make a non-meta build that isn't trash so I have to remake it.

But yea, say what you want, my dude, I'm pretty confident you're dead wrong. And I rarely come out and say something like that. It's just a matter of dealing with it. Most people who still like 2k admit micros/grind are at least kinda annoying and wish they weren't there. It's not right for you to defend a company that is coming up off of people. To play the empathy card... probably a lot of kids who just wanna be accepted and relevant in life.

-Smak

Man, you are something else...

I have seen those studies about how addictive the freemium model is. I've seen the South Park episode. There are people with an addiction problem. That sucks. It really does. But that's not on the game (or any product). That freemium model (which is not what 2K is, I have yet to hit a paywall or time limit as much and often as I play) relies on a very small minority of whales. What about the other vast majority of people who can play and enjoy the products in moderation just fine? But no, lets cry about greed and addiction and slippery slopes. Sorry, I still believe in personal responsibility.

We can do the "it's just a game" because it is just a game. That's on you if you made it more than that; which you apparently did. If playing NBA 2K became a vehicle for something toxic then that's on you. Take responsibility for that instead of blaming the game. Yes, YOU ARE/WERE THE ONE WITH THE PROBLEM. I'm not compelled to buy VC. It's not something I stress or agonize over. I'd buy some VC to get Euroleague teams, or a playable Gleague, or a College Hoops Tonite like recap show for MyLeague. I'd pay for that no problem as it would add to my enjoyment of the product. It really is that simple.

I don't play online but I did get MyPlayer up to an 85 just playing the NBA games before I got bored with it. I didn't spend a dime. If I played online I'd grind my dude up before trying to compete with the best, or pay the get to the 85 or whatever if I wanted to be good fast. It's a simple proposition.

You can say I'm wrong about everything. I'd say you're one of those people who cant take personal responsibility (over a freaking video game) and have lay blame for your issues at the feet of someone, or something else.
Old 08-15-2019, 06:40 AM   #45
MVP

Yea my point wasn't that I dont have a problem with 2ks vc, because I dislike it. However the other way to define a problem is a skewed way of thinking about something.

The problem you have is inability to assess a situation. Because it's good for you. Somehow to admit 2k has issues with some parts of their Game that you don't play is like saying 2k sucks to you, so you'd do anything to avoid it.

It absolutely has a freemium model, except it's not free. Like you said if you played online you grind or throw the money. I chose c, which is its not worth it. I dono how it becomes about people who are addicted, sure people being outraged by playing the game and still buying it and vc is a sign of addiction, but so is denial.

My problem when these articles and threads come up is the implications is that micros are actually good. They're not. I will continue to post that. 2k didn't invent the model and they aren't even executing it at max efficiency imo. They are just in a unique position.

Keep in mind every one who plays online has to deal with the things I mentioned. Accept that it's a problem. Haha. I'm not "the kind of person who puts my problems on others", how am I doing that? By saying micros are bs? My problem is that I dislike microtransactions...

My walls aren't filled with knifey posters of 2ks ceo, I just think no matter how successful 2k is, micros are still toxic. I dono why you don't want to see that.

Or why you seem gloaty the more money they make by exploiting people... If they truly are addicted and you're sad for them Then stop making fun of them by saying 2k still sells mad vc even with outrage.

-Smak
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2019, 08:32 AM   #46
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
Yea my point wasn't that I dont have a problem with 2ks vc, because I dislike it. However the other way to define a problem is a skewed way of thinking about something.

The problem you have is inability to assess a situation. Because it's good for you. Somehow to admit 2k has issues with some parts of their Game that you don't play is like saying 2k sucks to you, so you'd do anything to avoid it.

It absolutely has a freemium model, except it's not free. Like you said if you played online you grind or throw the money. I chose c, which is its not worth it. I dono how it becomes about people who are addicted, sure people being outraged by playing the game and still buying it and vc is a sign of addiction, but so is denial.

My problem when these articles and threads come up is the implications is that micros are actually good. They're not. I will continue to post that. 2k didn't invent the model and they aren't even executing it at max efficiency imo. They are just in a unique position.

Keep in mind every one who plays online has to deal with the things I mentioned. Accept that it's a problem. Haha. I'm not "the kind of person who puts my problems on others", how am I doing that? By saying micros are bs? My problem is that I dislike microtransactions...

My walls aren't filled with knifey posters of 2ks ceo, I just think no matter how successful 2k is, micros are still toxic. I dono why you don't want to see that.

Or why you seem gloaty the more money they make by exploiting people... If they truly are addicted and you're sad for them Then stop making fun of them by saying 2k still sells mad vc even with outrage.

-Smak

Ok, man. I don't know what to tell you. I hope Live releases some info soon so you guys have something better to do than gripe about a game ad company you hate.
Old 08-15-2019, 09:22 AM   #47
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Ok, man. I don't know what to tell you. I hope Live releases some info soon so you guys have something better to do than gripe about a game ad company you hate.
Bruh, I said this weeks ago! All these Live Players Mad cause they don't know when their game is releasing. Now, we have to hear their misdirected anger via the nitpick of 2K . #BeGoneLivePlayers

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 08-15-2019, 06:05 PM   #48
MVP

Quote:
Live.

Aiye. You said it not me.

I dono Yea not much to say. I'm not saying you're dead wrong like as a person, but it's my opinion that your coming down on the dead wrong side of this issue. Meaning the triangle of a companys ability to make money, the customers right to expect a certain product, and expression of outrage.

You and 23 are the only people I've ever seen so vehemently defend 2ks micros, but only because as you note, it doesn't really affect you.

Well I'm just saying I'm that dude who did it the "just work a little harder" way multiple times and I look back and it wasn't worth it. I've got experience and all. Dudes can attest to my 68 ratd guy or when I was 74 w/e. All while trying to compete at a high level. It wasn't for lack of effort or ability, trust me.

But Yea we said our pieces. Live n let live.

-Smak

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »