Home

Official 2k20 MyPlayer Build Thread.

This is a discussion on Official 2k20 MyPlayer Build Thread. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-03-2019, 09:49 PM   #665
Pro

nyk_fatboy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official 2k20 MyPlayer Build Thread.

i see alot of youtube guys saying centers are better than power forwards because they get more defensive attributes and similar stats. That might be true but Power forward and center still feel completely different when you play with them

i just dropped 50pts/19rebs/5 blocks on my 7'0 power forward reb / sharp (overall tryout level was 86) it felt way better to play with movement wise than my center version who was also 7'0 and around identical weight.

im going to stick with this build i made its perfect ill be using him as a center though despite it being a power forward

if your looking for a sharp/rebounder,lock id go Power forward version. UNLESS you want the extra 3 attributes you get as center.

Last edited by nyk_fatboy; 09-03-2019 at 11:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2019, 10:02 PM   #666
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyk_fatboy
i see alot of youtube guys saying centers are better than power forwards because they get more defensive rating and similar stats. That might be true but Power forward and center still feel completely different when you play with them

i just dropped 50pts/19rebs/5 blocks on my 7'0 power forward reb / sharp (overall tryout level was 86) it felt way better to play with movement wise than my center version who was also 7'0 and around identical weight.

im going to stick with this build i made its perfect ill be using him as a center though despite it being a power forward

if your looking for a sharp/rebounder,lock id go Power forward version. UNLESS you want the extra 3 attributes you get as center.
Im pretty sure PF gets more attributes, if you go 7'0 Center, and 7'0 PF, you get 383 atrribute points for the center and 405 for the PF
Old 09-03-2019, 10:08 PM   #667
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by derlaid
Yeah you're right. It's annoying that that's the case, but here we are.

Also annoying: I want to get shot creating takeover, but the only way to do that on the 3 & D build is to dump points into post moves and ball handling, which nets you fewer badges than putting points it into passing and ball handling. It's really inefficient and kinda frustrating you have to sacrifice optimal badge availability to hunt down a specific takeover.

If there's another way to get it, I'd love to know.
I lowered driving dunk and that replaced the slashing takeover with shot creator . Also changing wingspan and weight affects it . Not sure exact numbers though. Can’t decide if I prefer shot creating or defending
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 09-03-2019, 10:10 PM   #668
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

On another note made a cool melo build using the shoot/ finishing chart . Focused heavily on maxing post attributes . Post scoring takeover .

Difficult shots , deadeye ,and deep fades HOF.

Space creator gold . Contact finisher gold with relentless and pro touch gold .

Nasty build really. Might run it at 6’9 for a SF or small ball 4.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

Last edited by Rockie_Fresh88; 09-03-2019 at 10:12 PM.
Old 09-03-2019, 11:15 PM   #669
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
On another note made a cool melo build using the shoot/ finishing chart . Focused heavily on maxing post attributes . Post scoring takeover .

Difficult shots , deadeye ,and deep fades HOF.

Space creator gold . Contact finisher gold with relentless and pro touch gold .

Nasty build really. Might run it at 6’9 for a SF or small ball 4.
Hopefully has better D than Melo😁

Obviously depends on any possible changes but a few builds I'm looking at

6'6 Pure Playmaker PG Max Wingspan, 86 Ball Handle and 90+ Speed with Ball means Tier 3 Dribbles and Launches, basically a shorter version of my 6'10 Pure Point Forward in 19 but with decent off dribble shooting with mid/high 70's in Mid-Range snd Low 70's in 3PT.

6'5 Playmaker/Lockdown PG Max Wingspan, Tier 3 Launches and Tier 2 Dribbles, 87 Driving Dunk for Elite Contact Dunks, HOF Floor General and Defensive Leader, lower shooting however.

6'7 Lockdown PF Max Wingspan , basically Draymond with Elite Contact Dunks, roughly 80 Speed with Ball, very low shooting ratings.
Old 09-03-2019, 11:20 PM   #670
Pro

nyk_fatboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HealyMonster
Im pretty sure PF gets more attributes, if you go 7'0 Center, and 7'0 PF, you get 383 atrribute points for the center and 405 for the PF
for that reb/sharp build the center gets 3 more attributes they can max out in under defensive/Reb which gives them 23 totaL while the PF version is limited to 20 but they got 1 extra shooting badge giving them 18 but the center build gets 17

thats what i was really talking about not overall upgrades

Last edited by nyk_fatboy; 09-04-2019 at 12:56 AM.
Old 09-04-2019, 02:59 AM   #671
MVP

tru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzis
What are the new/revised badges that you found more/less useful so far?

I upvote:
- consistent finisher (very useful as layup timing differs across animations),
- flashy passer (finally the gave it a purpose beside aestethics),
- backdown punisher (I love bully ball, so I love this badge),
- downhill (I like the concept, not sure about actual effect yet) and quick 1st step (a fan favourite I guess)

I downvote:
- fake pass maestro (I tried it gold and did nothing against AI... imagine online...),
- intimidator (the description is misleading, for me it worked only with shots around the rim, not very useful if you are a guard/wing),
- lighting reflexes (tried gold or HOF once and really didn't understand what it was supposed to do)

Uncertain because I couldn't test them consistently during the demo:
- pro touch (not clear how it interacts with consistent finisher, once they activated togheter !!),
- slithery finisher (not clear how it interacts with contact finisher and fancy footwork, and what it does (unique animations? attributes boosting)),
- fancy footowrk (see slitery finisher),
- needle threader (I understood it just boosts the passing rating, but to what extent? seems a step back from P&R maestro)
intimidator us a must for all builds.

unpluckable a must for post bigs and ball handlers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2019, 03:22 AM   #672
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru11
intimidator us a must for all builds.

unpluckable a must for post bigs and ball handlers.
I am not sure about intimidator for perimeter defenders.

Clearly depends on how many def badges you have, but probably I put clamps and tireless defender ahead.

I would prefer to stop the drive rather than contest it.

However, it's sad that you have a bunch of offensive badges for boosting jumpshots and 3s, and none defensive badge designed for contrasting them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »