Home

Play Now Online 2K20: Hard Knock Life

This is a discussion on Play Now Online 2K20: Hard Knock Life within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2019, 10:06 PM   #777
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Play Now Online 2K20: Hard Knock Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
I never said anything about a record. Your the one stating YOU need more open shots to drop, I simply echoed what YOU said, and followed it with me not having said issue.
NOPE. I've always said OPEN SHOTS need to drop more. And that was just the last game I played. I played a muuuuch better guy with the Clippers just now. I'll post that in a bit. You can't think I just got my record on accident not knowing how to shoot.

Keep in mind I play with the lowest rated team in Tier 1. All I see is Lakers, Clippers, Houston, Warriors and Brooklyn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
So if I’m using Curry and someone leaves me OPEN, and I just press the shoot button. I don’t hold it till the top of my release; your saying it should still go in because Curry is OPEN?
Worse is already happening....had a guy who beat me with HOU last weekend, game tied on a Very Bad release that was SMOTHERED. I still don't know how to feel about that.

And MB's right. leaving good shooters open should be something people FEAR doing. Not playing zone so the best shot in NBA basketball is WIIIIIDE open. NBA team's fear the corner 3 like the plague....but in 2K users are like "here you go..."

HILARIOUS.

Last edited by Kushmir; 09-23-2019 at 10:16 PM.
Old 09-23-2019, 10:11 PM   #778
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
So if I’m using Curry and someone leaves me OPEN, and I just press the shoot button. I don’t hold it till the top of my release; your saying it should still go in because Curry is OPEN?

If so, what’s the point? What’s coming into play, just real life shooting percentages. Everybody can press the shoot button.

Just maybe........maybe the user isn’t that good
I can tell that myself by the box score he posted.

But what’s gonna happen is if they bump up the shooting, it’s gonna make users such as the one he played against able to keep up with someone they shouldn’t because they have no desire to work on their shooting.

2KU is a lot of users best friend, they just don’t know it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
No, no. Real life percentages are just fine. But right now, guys like Curry are hitting a tick under what they normally would. It's not severe, but I don't feel like I'm "playing with fire" by leaving them open.

Look at that video again. I think Kush leaves Curry 4 or 5 times, the user hits one. (an early release, which I think should definitely have a lower chance of falling than the "slightly" releases.) He misses two more that are "slightly" releases, that I can recall. If those "slightly" releases are, as Czar has said, solid releases, they should fall at a real life rate, giving Curry specifically a 50-50 shot. That user should realistically expect two of those 4 or 5 open 3s to fall, maybe even three if he's lucky. As it stands, he ended up with one. Now, I'm not gonna complain about holding Curry to 20% on open threes, it sure is nice, but Curry isn't kindling the fear in me that he should when I give him that much space. The user he was playing wasn't shooting awfully in terms of timing when open. His big problem was not finding good shots most of the time, that should certainly be punished, but when you give a shooter a ton of space, he should cause you at least a little fear instead of figuring you have like a 75% chance of him missing if he doesn't hit the timing right on. Greens are already well balanced and do a lot to help. Raising open shot percentages on these solid "just off releases" just a tick will go a long way towards realistic gameplay

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625

Last edited by mb625; 09-23-2019 at 10:16 PM.
Old 09-23-2019, 10:16 PM   #779
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
NOPE. I've always said OPEN SHOTS need to drop more. And that was just the last game I played. I played a muuuuch better guy with the Clippers just now. I'll post that in a bit. You can't think I just got my record on accident not knowing how to shoot.

Keep in mind I play with the lowest rated team in Tier 1. All I see is Lakers, Clippers, Houston, Warriors and Brooklyn.

Worse is already happening....had a guy who beat me with HOU game tied on a very bad release that was SMOTHERED.

And MB's right. leaving good shooters open should be something people FEAR doing. Not playing zone so the best shot in NBA basketball is WIIIIIDE open. NBA team's fear the corner 3 like the plague....but in 2K users are like "here you go..."

HILARIOUS.
This is what I'm saying. No, they don't shoot a lot, but when Rudy Gay or Bryn Forbes shoots that 3, they are about as accurate as they come. Especially on wide open shots, and for sure when it's catch and shoot, above average, both of them above 40%, which is in the "we should probably guard these guys here" range.

They don't get the love because it's not 10 of them a game, but Bryn's not the number 1 option on the team to be getting 10 shots a game, and the Spurs, in general, don't shoot a lot of 3s. But there isn't a team in the league who is going to play zone and leave Bryn in the corner, challenging him to do his best Curry impression, because that man will kill you out there.
Old 09-23-2019, 10:33 PM   #780
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir

Worse is already happening....had a guy who beat me with HOU last weekend, game tied on a Very Bad release that was SMOTHERED. I still don't know how to feel about that.

HILARIOUS.

Lol That’s what I said lol YOU said open shots need to drop more. I feel they don’t. Agree to disagree. Record means nothing. I’ve beaten the Rockets, Lakers, Philly, Nets and Clippers with the Pistons. That’s not saying anything especially considering who may be using them.

Old 09-23-2019, 10:39 PM   #781
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb625
No, no. Real life percentages are just fine. But right now, guys like Curry are hitting a tick under what they normally would. It's not severe, but I don't feel like I'm "playing with fire" by leaving them open.

Look at that video again. I think Kush leaves Curry 4 or 5 times, the user hits one. (an early release, which I think should definitely have a lower chance of falling than the "slightly" releases.) He misses two more that are "slightly" releases, that I can recall. If those "slightly" releases are, as Czar has said, solid releases, they should fall at a real life rate, giving Curry specifically a 50-50 shot. That user should realistically expect two of those 4 or 5 open 3s to fall, maybe even three if he's lucky. As it stands, he ended up with one. Now, I'm not gonna complain about holding Curry to 20% on open threes, it sure is nice, but Curry isn't kindling the fear in me that he should when I give him that much space. The user he was playing wasn't shooting awfully in terms of timing when open. His big problem was not finding good shots most of the time, that should certainly be punished, but when you give a shooter a ton of space, he should cause you at least a little fear instead of figuring you have like a 75% chance of him missing if he doesn't hit the timing right on. Greens are already well balanced and do a lot to help. Raising open shot percentages on these solid "just off releases" just a tick will go a long way towards realistic gameplay

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Are you saying your using Curry and hitting a tick under what you normally would or other users are using Curry and hitting a tick under what THEY would? Have you ever thought..........maybe they don’t know how to shoot with him?

Like i said before, I was having a problem hitting shots as well. But it was 2k or not allowing open shots to go in at a higher clip. It was ME. I worked on my shooting, I practiced with ALL the SHOOTERS on my team: got their releases down and now I don’t have the same problem I had in the beginning. I can hit with Maker to Griffin to Snell to Wood to Doumbouya who’s overall 3pt shot is 70.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2019, 10:43 PM   #782
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0

Hmmmmmm...I'm actually with BLS on this one. First off, I think everyone should clarify if they're using the shot meter or not. Like him, I think the zone defense is only effective thus far, because users, in general, don't know how to shoot. With the shot meter off, I couldn't hit a wide open shot to save my life. With the shot meter on, I'm definitely shooting a much better percentage to the point that my mouth salivates when I see a zone defense. Zone defenses don't bother me. If you want the honest-to-god truth, I'm more bothered by offensive rebounds after playing good defense.

Watching the video now...
Old 09-23-2019, 10:49 PM   #783
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Honestly, I can see where bls is coming from...the user's execution has to be held accountable as well...we ask for that in various other aspects of the game, why not shooting?

If a user can't time Curry's jumper on 5 attempts, should he be rewarded moreso than the user who has it down pat because....Curry? NBA percentages? Doesn't that override the "balance over realism" mantra that we want other parts of the game to abide by?

Interesting points from both sides here...
Old 09-23-2019, 10:49 PM   #784
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16
Play Now Online 2K20: Hard Knock Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
That’s not saying anything especially considering who may be using them.
How so very true. You on PS4?

Last edited by Kushmir; 09-23-2019 at 10:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »