Home

Play Now Online 2K20: Hard Knock Life

This is a discussion on Play Now Online 2K20: Hard Knock Life within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2019, 11:01 PM   #785
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Play Now Online 2K20: Hard Knock Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
If a user can't time Curry's jumper on 5 attempts, should he be rewarded moreso than the user who has it down pat because....Curry? NBA percentages? Doesn't that override the "balance over realism" mantra that we want other parts of the game to abide by?
Isn't the better user just going to hit more? I'm lost....

But users already do have leeway with elite players...and should honestly. If a VERY LATE/Smothered release with Harden can go down, a WIDE OPEN quality release with a good shooter (inside his wheel-house of course) should fall at a clip enough to make a defense "uncomfortable"...

Part of being skillful is using the right player in the right situation, the guy with HOU did that. Although that shot should be low percentage i'm fine with it. He just got a good dice roll.

I don't know that Balance over Realism applies when the meta doesn't resemble the sport. Imagine a baseball game where you could throw ALL strikes and bring the outfield in because home runs were so low. That's Just Bad.

Last edited by Kushmir; 09-23-2019 at 11:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2019, 11:13 PM   #786
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
Are you saying your using Curry and hitting a tick under what you normally would or other users are using Curry and hitting a tick under what THEY would? Have you ever thought..........maybe they don’t know how to shoot with him?

Like i said before, I was having a problem hitting shots as well. But it was 2k or not allowing open shots to go in at a higher clip. It was ME. I worked on my shooting, I practiced with ALL the SHOOTERS on my team: got their releases down and now I don’t have the same problem I had in the beginning. I can hit with Maker to Griffin to Snell to Wood to Doumbouya who’s overall 3pt shot is 70.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Did you watch the video Kush posted? That's specifically what I'm referring to. I'm really only talking "slightly" releases. Everything else I think is pretty spot on in terms of percentages. "Slightly" releases are just falling at a hair too low a clip. They can go up maybe 5 or so percent for the best of the best shooters to make you think about leaving them

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Old 09-23-2019, 11:17 PM   #787
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Honestly, I can see where bls is coming from...the user's execution has to be held accountable as well...we ask for that in various other aspects of the game, why not shooting?

If a user can't time Curry's jumper on 5 attempts, should he be rewarded moreso than the user who has it down pat because....Curry? NBA percentages? Doesn't that override the "balance over realism" mantra that we want other parts of the game to abide by?

Interesting points from both sides here...
Right, but this is the point I'm essentially trying to make. Late/Early releases and "Very" releases are fine where they're at (it seemed early on that "very" releases were rewarded too much, but that seems to have settled down). It's those "slightlies" that need just a hair of an uptick, because the user isn't *totally* botching the release, they're just a hair off.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Old 09-23-2019, 11:31 PM   #788
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0

I watched video. To me, Kush hit enough open shots to make his opponent get the hell out of that zone defense. Overall, it just looked like to me that you're not that comfortable with Tobias Harris release. Your opponent was just trying to use screens and shoot the 3 immediately after taking the screen from his teammate.
Old 09-23-2019, 11:45 PM   #789
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
To me, Kush hit enough open shots to make his opponent get the hell out of that zone defense.
*SIGH* I always hit enough to make them get outta zone, the issue is that guys feel too comfortable giving you the best shot in basketball--which is ridiculous.

The best guy I played recently was this guy with Brooklyn....he didn't get out of zone until late in the 4th. Why? Because OPEN SHOTS don't scare guys enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Overall, it just looked like to me that you're not that comfortable with Tobias Harris release.
Soooooo you're saying the standard is GREEN then, no? Because 4 of the 5 were slightly.

Last edited by Kushmir; 09-23-2019 at 11:51 PM.
Old 09-24-2019, 12:06 AM   #790
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
How so very true. You on PS4?

Xbox one x

Old 09-24-2019, 12:11 AM   #791
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
So if we both use Markennam and we both have a wide open shot, it should fall for both of us? Then what separates a good player from an average player? Anybody can get open in a game? Release is the most important part of a jumpshot.

So if I’m early or late on a release, if I’m open it should go in? Should shooting just be percentage based?

The best thing for them to do is just take away the meter altogether. Before the meter even came into play in 2k, we were probably already green releasing on a lot of jumpshots made, you just didn’t have the meter to see it.

Shooting shouldn’t just be strictly on release point. Cause that’s how we get Javele McGhee making multiple threes. This game penalizes you heavy for not not getting a neat perfect release and it’s crap. If you can’t see that then I don’t what to tell you. And for the record I am not getting early or late releases on shots
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2019, 01:07 AM   #792
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

I do think the game is not penalizing early and very early more than slightly early/late right now, for the record. Maybe it's not a bug and is just that you remember every early/very early that goes in more than the others, but it feels off.

I stand by my other thoughts on shooting, with or without using meter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »