Home

Is the pre-game show gone in 2K20?

This is a discussion on Is the pre-game show gone in 2K20? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2019, 10:49 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Is the pre-game show gone in 2K20?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
It’s never good to broadly assume things about a game played by millions. I actually enjoy the halftime highlights.
Okay, well at least allow people to skip it. They say the same thing over and over and over again. If you actually play MyLeague or another mode, you will get bored of them after about 20 games because you will have seen all the skits they have in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2019, 01:39 PM   #26
Pro

This thread shows why we keep getting games that don't build upon the older ones smh.
Old 08-29-2019, 02:19 PM   #27
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiredofyourlowIQ
Okay, well at least allow people to skip it. They say the same thing over and over and over again. If you actually play MyLeague or another mode, you will get bored of them after about 20 games because you will have seen all the skits they have in the game.
Wait...you can't skip it in myleague? I can see that being an issue.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2019, 09:47 PM   #28
MVP

GoDucks1224's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Wait...you can't skip it in myleague? I can see that being an issue.

You can skip the bulk of the Halftime show, not sure what he means. I mean sure it takes a couple button presses but you can cut it from like 3 minutes to 20 seconds.
Old 08-29-2019, 09:58 PM   #29
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid OS
This thread shows why we keep getting games that don't build upon the older ones smh.

No it doesn't. It shows that this game caters to millions and not everyone is going to like everything.

Giving us a toggle in the options menu to turn off pre-half-post game shows would go a long way. The people who like it can keep it. Those who don't can skip it. Doesn't hurt anyone and definitely doesn't keep the developers from "building on the older ones smh".

That being said, I'm not sure why anyone is under the impression the pregame shows are gone. We haven't even seen a game loaded from the menus yet. They all start at the first lineup fullscreen graphic.
Old 08-29-2019, 10:15 PM   #30
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
No it doesn't. It shows that this game caters to millions and not everyone is going to like everything.

Giving us a toggle in the options menu to turn off pre-half-post game shows would go a long way. The people who like it can keep it. Those who don't can skip it. Doesn't hurt anyone and definitely doesn't keep the developers from "building on the older ones smh".

That being said, I'm not sure why anyone is under the impression the pregame shows are gone. We haven't even seen a game loaded from the menus yet. They all start at the first lineup fullscreen graphic.
But you actually can skip it. You can skip the pregame stuff by going to lineups/matchups. You can skip the bulk of the halftime stuff so that there's at most 30 seconds of presentation stuff. I'm all for having more options, but taking away key parts of the presentation will forever be a bad thing. The best example of this that I can think of is when NCAA 14 took out the team specific pregame entrances. Don't remove things you have the ability to build on. I don't see how anyone could possibly encourage that.
Old 08-29-2019, 11:32 PM   #31
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

I always watch the pre-game. 2K Shaq is WAAAAAY funnier than irl Shaq.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2019, 11:37 PM   #32
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoDucks1224
You can skip the bulk of the Halftime show, not sure what he means. I mean sure it takes a couple button presses but you can cut it from like 3 minutes to 20 seconds.
So it's a non issue...sheesh if you can skip it then wtf...

Maybe in the future 2k can add an option to skip shows.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »