Home

NBA 2K20 Available Now on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA 2K20 Available Now on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, Post Impressions Here within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2020, 05:03 PM   #849
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K20 Available Now on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnythelegend
May I ask which sliders, because movement, especially on defensive end, is really bothering me.

I’m using the shady mike set with 58 game speed right now, he recommends 60 tho but feels a tad fast

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 01-15-2020, 10:21 AM   #850
Pro

If you trying to get a serious game of som basketball out of this game then forget about it. One of the biggest issues I have with this game is the defense off ball. The help defensive rotations are the worst they've ever been. Most time the initial help man doesn't get over in time, and as for the replacement guy,l? not a damn chance.

This leads to over inflated FG percentages. Constantly shooting in the high 50s and low 60s. Too many wide open layups. Sliders and defensive setting won't fix this problem. Because to get the correct end of the game box scores shooting wise, you have to pull the shooting slides down too much. When you do that guys start missing too many shots they should make.

There's a fundamental issue with the movement system in this game. Guys are much too slow laterally and on top of that the A.I often reacts slow on off ball defense. I really hope they fix this issue for 2K21. Otherwise I'll really have to consider leaving it on the shelf next year.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-16-2020, 03:23 PM   #851
Pro

Johnnythelegend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dione2014
If you trying to get a serious game of som basketball out of this game then forget about it. One of the biggest issues I have with this game is the defense off ball. The help defensive rotations are the worst they've ever been. Most time the initial help man doesn't get over in time, and as for the replacement guy,l? not a damn chance.

This leads to over inflated FG percentages. Constantly shooting in the high 50s and low 60s. Too many wide open layups. Sliders and defensive setting won't fix this problem. Because to get the correct end of the game box scores shooting wise, you have to pull the shooting slides down too much. When you do that guys start missing too many shots they should make.

There's a fundamental issue with the movement system in this game. Guys are much too slow laterally and on top of that the A.I often reacts slow on off ball defense. I really hope they fix this issue for 2K21. Otherwise I'll really have to consider leaving it on the shelf next year.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Operation Sports mobile app

Thanks man you put in words and expressed exactly what bothers me about this game and why I am having trouble enjoying it.

Defense is bad, plain and simple, and there are a couple of factors which play a role, as you said, lateral movement, help defense and pure (in)competence by AI on that side of the ball. I recently downloaded NBA 2K14 and I enjoyed it because, while exciting, it is challenging and AI can, for the most part, defend the paint and the transition. Running and pushing the ball in transition is one of the most fun and exciting part of basketball for me in the real life, so I love when it's replicated in a game. But in 2k20, if you want, you can score with ease most of the times on the fast break, AI can't keep up because their lateral movements are too slow, their bigs are too slow to protect the rim and they get lost.

There are parts of the game that I love, but I, same as you, will really consider not buying 2k21 if I don't see improvements. I said that since 2k18 but I really feel that way right now. But who knows, maybe 2k21 next gen gets to be amazing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2020, 06:34 PM   #852
Rookie

Rockets tendency shooting have to be overhouled.

Played (two times) vs Houston (me Lakers) and Westbrook toke 39 FGA scored 48 PTS, hit 5/8 3PA. Harden only 15 FGA, played only few isolation.
I checked and their shooting tendency is 99 for both
Old 01-20-2020, 08:09 PM   #853
Rookie

OVR: 5

Picked this up around Christmas and after messing with it a bit here and there it seems to have potential.
Is there a coach profile screen with sliders that's different from the points of emphasis? Could have sworn I just saw it the other day, can't remember if it was this game or 2K16.

It would help a lot if the player tendency attributes had descriptions. I think it was 2k11 that had the best player tendency sliders. Oh well, tweak and test, rinse repeat.
Old 01-23-2020, 06:21 AM   #854
MVP

OVR: 19

Ive said a few times and Im going to say it again. the new defensive stance/movement needs a major overhaul.

defenders running away from their defensive assignment or facing the opposite direction when you switch to control them is something that probably cant be fixed.
end result is the offensive player will always have a huge advantage, and the user will always play the entire defensive possession trying to get back in position. its that bad.

again I like idea, but its poorly executed. This feature might have worked when the NBA was more half court/slower paced.

defensive player movement/control is still a major annoyance.

pc offline

Last edited by tril; 01-23-2020 at 06:26 AM.
Old 02-02-2020, 12:11 AM   #855
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

Hows the good ole low quality 2k been doing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2020, 05:20 PM   #856
Pro

I'm not a huge basketball fan, but I always liked how people make good videogames from it. Got 2K20 on a Steam sale. Last ball game I got was 2K12, so I'm coming with a fresh perspective.

For someone who likes to play sim-gameplay oriented franchise modes, this game is heaven. Puts to shame, totally obliterates the two big soccer games I buy every year. I just can't look at them anymore.

You guys are spoiled. Gameplay (at least offline) is so realistic, especially with good sliders. Presentation is amazing, commentary is beyond what I thought it could be possible on a videogame. MyLeague is the ****!

MyCareer could be as awesome if it wasn't for 2K's greed. It gets boring real fast just because they want to milk money from us. Infuriating, it is.

I don't care for online modes in general because they're always pay-to-win exploit fests which never resemble the sport they're trying to represent at the slightest.

For an old-school guy like me who just wants to relax and play championships against bots, I gotta say this is definitely the best sports game I ever played.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »