Home

NBA 2K20 Available Now on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on NBA 2K20 Available Now on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, Post Impressions Here within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2019, 03:47 AM   #17
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: NBA 2K20 Available Now on Xbox One and PlayStation 4, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Played a WNBA game and it was a LOT of fun. I'm not deeply familiar with all the players but I was able to just have a good time within the flow of the game.

Hit a game winner with Aja Wilson my first game, haha
THey play more 90s style ball

Not alot of hero ball with tons of iso dribbling and trying to take people one on on and lots of movement and some post play

theyll run more than one play if they have to, to get a post play if they need to
Old 09-06-2019, 03:54 AM   #18
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

First game Knicks (me) vs Orlando PC version...ate humble pie after getting whooped on Superstar. Right...I kept up with them in the second quarter then I just collapsed on the 3rd. Dropping to All-Star next game.

- From the videos it looked to me that the animations have been cleaned up some (day one patch?) I've seen some weird contact animations from YouTube which put me off but man once I played this game it's one smooth game. There are still some dribble animations that looked to be cut off some...hard to explain.

- Defensive footplanting is nice...like it doesn't feel slippery at all...this is something really new for the series. Nothing like the demo...

- not a negative but I can't do all the dirty tricks against the CPU to score on. Mostly bully ball and scoring cheap inside.

- It's tough to score inside...like really tough...MoBamba coming off the bench and just sending stuff away with my bully ball tactics.

- I'm used to not using turbo so I didn't see any Gatorade symbols (humble brag)

- DEAR MIKE PLEASE GET RID OF GREENS ON CPU WHEN I HAVE THAT OPTION OFF. THANK YOU.

- Played in NY and I think they updated the organ music to make it sound exactly MSG's. Not bad...

- Not sure but the sweat effects seemed to be toned down some? Going to play on PS4 next to confirm if it's different from PC.

- I've seen the double team complaints from people here...since I was the Knicks no complaints here lol

That's it so far...good experience...I'm going to enjoy the game since it's going to change in a month or two.

Last edited by Goffs; 09-06-2019 at 03:57 AM.
Old 09-06-2019, 04:11 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yep. This adding an extra button for playcalling has pretty much ruined it for me as of right now. I can only hope and pray they patch this back to how it was before. Basically no chance in running a play twice in the same possession from having to push so many freaking buttons to call a play for one player, by the time you do...the shot clock is winding down. There was zero reason for them to do this...it was fine before.

WHY 2K? Put it back how it was before...please.
Old 09-06-2019, 05:13 AM   #20
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

The double teaming by the AI is RIDICULOUS. Literally as soon as I pass the ball to LBJ off the inbound the CPU is doing a full court double team.

Makes it absolutely impossible to run any sort of proper offense. The AI is just hindering itself every time up the court. I dare say this is game breaking in its current state.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-06-2019, 06:07 AM   #21
Old school

DaWolf's Arena

OVR: 8

- The movement system really shines in the WNBA part. Had the most fan playing them
- Bug: They referr to women as "he" in the commentary

- I still cant stand the jump shooting. Automatic animations with no user input control over the visual release of the shot
- Overall good impression seems well balanced
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2019, 06:28 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 2

So far...

I don't like:
- The New more complex way to call an specific play for a particular player
- Double Teams, the context and frecuency is wrong many times IMO.

I like:
Everything else!!! ;-)

Last edited by Guard-ian; 09-06-2019 at 06:54 AM.
Old 09-06-2019, 06:36 AM   #23
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
The double teaming by the AI is RIDICULOUS. Literally as soon as I pass the ball to LBJ off the inbound the CPU is doing a full court double team.

Makes it absolutely impossible to run any sort of proper offense. The AI is just hindering itself every time up the court. I dare say this is game breaking in its current state.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I was worried about this. The double teams were bad last year, particularly if you used a team like the Warriors as they seem to have some players hard coded to be double-teamed more often.

I played one quarter as the Warriors last night, and while I like a majority of what I played, the double teams started going crazy with defenders mindlessly wandering off Klay Thompson to double Steph who was 5 feet outside the three point line.

This was a near game breaker for me last year and it appears worse in 2k20. As Steve mentioned in an earlier thread, the double teams undermine all the hard work they put into the AI both on offense and defense.

I wish they would give us the option to remove CPU double teams all together.

Scott OG and Czar- I’m sure you notice this when playing the game. Please speak with the powers to be and make changes to CPU double team logic. At the very least, reduce the double team frequency significantly across the board...

Other than this, I really like a lot of what I played.
Old 09-06-2019, 06:53 AM   #24
MVP

michaelhawj's Arena

OVR: 0

this game is great.. i love player movement, dribbling style.. gameplay feel smooth, fluid and great.. My GM 2.0 is great but the problem is you can't change quarter minutes for how many minutes you want play in per quarter

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »