Home

How does the OS community feel about shooting in NBA 2K20?

This is a discussion on How does the OS community feel about shooting in NBA 2K20? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2020, 12:38 PM   #105
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How does the OS community feel about shooting in NBA 2K20?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PillBill
They dont read

I dont play park, pro-am, mycareer none of that. Im in my 20s; when I want to “be in the game” I just pick up a ball and go to xsport...if I need more I sign up for leagues. I can actually play the sport still and when conditioning can play at a nice level. I also understand the actual game of basketball which means nothing if you want to be good at this game.

I play PNO and MLO and the shooting is based on momentum first and badges second whether playin with legends or without. The only people I play who green constantly are people that play 24/7 and cheese. Momentum makes skill and basketball knowledge meaningless.

Practice mode and actual in/game shooting could not be more different.
Damn...I miss my days of playing basketball at a high level. Used to play 2-3 times a week and 2-4 games per trip. Random thought, lol. Bad right knee and sprained lower back keeps off the court now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2020, 01:33 PM   #106
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Damn...I miss my days of playing basketball at a high level. Used to play 2-3 times a week and 2-4 games per trip. Random thought, lol. Bad right knee and sprained lower back keeps off the court now.
Try stretching out your glutes (activating first time will feel like heaven), your core, quads, calves and hamstrings. Check VMO tracking as well. Most aches n pains come from years of your body compensating.

Later you can strengthen those aforementioned. Lots of things can be done; let me know if you ever need any suggestions. I didnt mention stretching your back because the back is very delicate. I used Yoga poses to ease the compression.

You’ll be on the court in no time bro; just believe and be consistent
Old 01-16-2020, 04:56 PM   #107
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Try stretching out your glutes (activating first time will feel like heaven), your core, quads, calves and hamstrings. Check VMO tracking as well. Most aches n pains come from years of your body compensating.

Later you can strengthen those aforementioned. Lots of things can be done; let me know if you ever need any suggestions. I didnt mention stretching your back because the back is very delicate. I used Yoga poses to ease the compression.

You’ll be on the court in no time bro; just believe and be consistent
Lol. Naw, it's a wrap for me at 44. My knee is bad from picking up weight. In my basketball playing days when I could actually dunk with both hands, I was 170. Now, I'm hovering around a healthy 240.

The back was an actual basketball injury. I was coming in for a layup, and dude jumped high as hell. While in the air, I tried to "lean back" to avoid my shot being blocked. As I was leaning backwards, dude leaned forward and kinda pushed up against my body. My friend swears I looked like a backwards "V" for a brief moment. All I know is was that I felt a sharp pain in my lower back, I flicked the shot up (which got blocked anyways), and I landed on the ground hard.

I couldn't move for few moments, but I was able to get up after about 1-2 minutes. Like a typical dumb*ss competitor (lol), I decided to run 4 more games, and my lower back was killing me the entire time. Got home, threw some ice on it, and limped around for about 2-4 days. I knew my basketball days were over when I went to go lift the garage door a few weeks later, and I suddenly collapsed to one knee. Every time I tried to stand up, my body would fold me forward again, so I was basically stuck. Nothing worse than being on one knee for 15 minutes until my son finally came outside after wondering what was taking me so long, lol. My wife, at the time, took me to her dad who was a chiropractor.
Old 01-17-2020, 02:13 AM   #108
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:

I play PNO and MLO and the shooting is based on momentum first and badges second [...] Momentum makes skill and basketball knowledge meaningless.

Practice mode and actual in/game shooting could not be more different.
exactly! the whole shooting is so heavily based on momentum.
in 9 of 10 games in our online League one Team Hits shots in the 1st half and none in the 2nd while for the other Team it's. opposite. i KNOW when I am hitting over 50% in the 1st half, i wont Hit anything from the 3rd Quarter till the end.
Old 01-17-2020, 02:26 AM   #109
MVP

tru11's Arena

As long as shooting form/animation and badges triumph ratings , shooting will be broken.

could green corner 3 with the likes of david robinson and tim duncan and with my 68 3pnt rating in JRC i can basicially do the same if you leave me wide open.

as long as i nail the release its a bucket which is very wrong tbh.
Old 01-17-2020, 09:34 AM   #110
Pro

blk5tar5's Arena

I find the shooting to be a little easy after you start figuring out the shooting tendencies of players. Now i hope going forward with the new controller with PS5 that the adaptive controllers 2K will implement shooting by the trigger or button sensitivity like in Fifa. example hold the button hard the kick is wild and hard too light then the ball is kick very soft. But will see going forward how NBA2K21 will be just 8 months to go?
Old 01-17-2020, 10:13 PM   #111
Rookie

Rhouston's Arena

OVR: 3

Waited until all of the release bugs had diminished to take the dive. Or so I thought. Regardless, should've held out longer.

I hate the shooting. HATE IT. Any pro wIll tell you they do not have to release it perfectly (i.e. a green release in 2K land) to swish the ball. Even wide open shots that are released slightly early or slightly late should go in fairly cleanly.

In 2K20, this is not the case. If you don't get a green release, prepare for an ugly looking rim-rattler, IF it goes in at all. Hardly simulation.

And even if 2K was trying to capture a realistic approach by making you learn the perfect timing for a jump shot through practice "like a pro," this only works if you solely play MyCareer (or MyPark) or solely with the same team. I like to play with all of the teams to see the intricacies of each one, but let's be honest, I'm not going to take the time to learn the EXACT proper release point of each player's shot (as many pointed out, the meter seems to be like one of those random arcade games where it decides when it wants to stop at green).

And although this all could be rectified by Real Player %, as another user pointed out, 2k punishes you by eliminating swishes -- I don't think I've ever seen a clean make with this mode.

It should be an easy fix for 2K -- a green release difficulty slider or look at data for clean makes for each NBA player and tune Real Player % accordingly. Unfortunately, the way shooting is in 2k20 is clearly geared towards those who devote their time to practicing their MyPlayer's shot (and buying VC to gain badges to increase the ease of getting a green release) in these online money-maker modes.

I used to love 2k and how they stuck it to EA Sports Machine with better gameplay when they entered the scene back on the Dreamcast and was even with them up until 2k16. But now, it's clear that they have become what the originally sought to "destroy" -- a gaming company only concerned with nickel-and-diming its consumers. Until they show a commitment to offline players again (which, let's be frank, isn't very likely), I think I have purchased my last 2K game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2020, 12:12 AM   #112
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Real FG would honestly be fine if it just worked the same way as it does for the cpu. There's still the various release points, including greens, they just aren't determined by user input. But for some reason, they decided to make it so that it's always the same release point, so there are no greens, and you make waaaayyy too few open shots until you mess with sliders.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »