Home

Giannis unrealistic performance

This is a discussion on Giannis unrealistic performance within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2019, 05:27 AM   #57
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Giannis unrealistic performance

Made the mistake of letting Rodman play him straight up instead of Pippen last night. Dude torched me for 30 7 & 9

Just goes to show my complete lack of NBA knowledge of todays game - figuring The Freak as a big would be banging inside instead of running breaks and killing me off the dribble.

Man the game has changed so much.
Old 12-04-2019, 06:05 PM   #58
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

If you're talking about playing offline against the CPU, there's an easy fix. Increase Body Up Sensitivity, On Ball Defense, and Lateral Quickness. Also, make sure to set the Drive/Inside Contact Shot Frequency sliders to 100 so that the game doesn't ignore nearby defenders when choosing layup/dunk animations. From there, tweak your Shot Success sliders in correlation with the Layup/Jumpshot Defense Strength sliders so that shots/layups you feel should be missed DO miss.

Also, tweak the Movement sliders so that players without the ball are faster than players with the ball. Once you have realistic movement both with and without the ball, a lot of the cheesy issues with gameplay are resolved.

Last edited by EccentricMeat; 12-04-2019 at 06:07 PM.
Old 12-04-2019, 06:28 PM   #59
MVP

RedmanR's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
If you're talking about playing offline against the CPU, there's an easy fix. Increase Body Up Sensitivity, On Ball Defense, and Lateral Quickness. Also, make sure to set the Drive/Inside Contact Shot Frequency sliders to 100 so that the game doesn't ignore nearby defenders when choosing layup/dunk animations. From there, tweak your Shot Success sliders in correlation with the Layup/Jumpshot Defense Strength sliders so that shots/layups you feel should be missed DO miss.

Also, tweak the Movement sliders so that players without the ball are faster than players with the ball. Once you have realistic movement both with and without the ball, a lot of the cheesy issues with gameplay are resolved.
FACTS, tweaking these sliders offline helps a lot. . . shout-out to 2K With The Popboy for this too!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 12-10-2019, 03:38 AM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 0

Apart his dominance, he doesn’t deserve quick draw badge (Gold). His shooting mechanics isn’t fast
Old 12-10-2019, 10:05 AM   #61
MVP

Crossover1's Arena

OVR: 17

People don't even read lol

OP is trying to find a way to force the CPU to defend him better because Giannis is an automatic bucket, but we have people complaining and explaining how they would defend him. No one cares how you would. The CPU is the issue, not someone else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2019, 09:21 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 4

Well any help would be much appreciated. He had 14 pts and 12 rebounds in my last game against him. And that was in the first quarter, against the 96 bulls
Old 01-15-2020, 01:50 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 0

It's crazy what Giannis can do in this game but the worst thing is that he highlights ACE's issues. When playing on auto coaching the CPU is putting him with deny ball and he keeps cutting to the basket...

The way the ACE approaches him it's a pure suicide
Old 01-17-2020, 12:52 PM   #64
MVP

Crossover1's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirio994
It's crazy what Giannis can do in this game but the worst thing is that he highlights ACE's issues. When playing on auto coaching the CPU is putting him with deny ball and he keeps cutting to the basket...

The way the ACE approaches him it's a pure suicide
2K has always defaulted to over-aggressive perimeter defense. That's why I usually have my way 90% of the time versus anyone because they don't change those auto settings. I've always believed in protecting the paint first and foremost, which allows me to close out on shooters much faster than helping in then running back out. Only great shooters deserve that respect.

Of course I lose some games because 2K decides that mediocre shooters punish me for baiting on semi-open shots, but it doesn't happen often.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »