Home

Matchmaking in Rec is awful.

This is a discussion on Matchmaking in Rec is awful. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2020, 11:44 AM   #73
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Matchmaking in Rec is awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru11
not me.

rather had a lil bit of extra shooting lol.

good timing can make up for the missing lenth for me.

makes also harder to block me when im going for a 2handed dunk lol
what are you Tru? PF C? pure Reb?
Old 02-25-2020, 04:05 PM   #74
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
Gross. This new match making is stupid. I have a. 82 PF. Hardly any badges. But instead of giving me other 80s when i go into the locker room solo, i keep getting 60s and 70s. I'm scared that if i start a game I'm going to be matched up with a full squad who brought out all badged out 85ers just to get low competition.

We'll try it.
I love the new matchmaking.

No more getting paired with a bunch of 77 rookies when I'm running my 97s, and with my 85 I get paired up with everyone below 92-93 and same with the opposing team. Yes, sometimes you can get horrible teams (like the time I had 3 slashers and two paint beasts and no one would shoot outside the paint), but at least there's no more of running into a squad of 98avr elite 2s. And when I run my 97s, it means the other players also have something invested in winning (since their ratings will go down otherwise) so on average people try a little bit more.
Old 02-25-2020, 09:29 PM   #75
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Yep... Full squads of 85 or under players fully badged out. That's the thing now. All of my teammates quit within the first 3 minutes we were down 30.

People really have no shame.

Instead of Rep OR overall, it should be based on team Win%. That way, no matter what you're ranked, what your overall is you're getting the most fair match up for your team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2020, 11:27 PM   #76
MVP

tru11's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashmountain
what are you Tru? PF C? pure Reb?

SG 6’2 2way slashing play maker and C 7’0 interior force.

Allen Iverson and hakeem olajuwan builds according to the game.

Might make a T-Mac build who plays SF

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-26-2020, 08:47 AM   #77
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
Yep... Full squads of 85 or under players fully badged out. That's the thing now. All of my teammates quit within the first 3 minutes we were down 30.

People really have no shame.

Instead of Rep OR overall, it should be based on team Win%. That way, no matter what you're ranked, what your overall is you're getting the most fair match up for your team.
Honestly, I don't buy it.

I don't think there are many players who care that much about their rec record. The main motivation full squads play in rec is 1) to practice for pro-am and 2) to boost their OVRs above 95. I think when you see full squads of 85s playing rec its because they've decided to build a new competitive squad from the ground up together, and their end goal is not to stay 85.

I don't think they are all 'fully badged up', rather elites generally know their shots, dribble moves and other skills very well because they've played like 2000 games. Some of the people I play with are like that and I'm always amazed at how they can green at a high percentage with an 83 ovr slasher with a 63 3-pointer and 1 shooting badge. I'm superstar 2 and know that when I go up against a comparable rated player (or anyone below 91) with my 85 that I will likely dominate unless that person is at least at my rep, just because I have so many more games under my belt.

In like 30+ games with my 80s rated player I've run into full squads maybe twice. Much more often with my 97 which can suck when I just want to have fun and they are playing a well coordinated 2-3 zone against a bunch of randoms. But I will say its WAY better than it was before they changed matchmaking.
Old 02-26-2020, 09:09 AM   #78
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erithtotl
Honestly, I don't buy it.

I don't think there are many players who care that much about their rec record. The main motivation full squads play in rec is 1) to practice for pro-am and 2) to boost their OVRs above 95. I think when you see full squads of 85s playing rec its because they've decided to build a new competitive squad from the ground up together, and their end goal is not to stay 85.

I don't think they are all 'fully badged up', rather elites generally know their shots, dribble moves and other skills very well because they've played like 2000 games. Some of the people I play with are like that and I'm always amazed at how they can green at a high percentage with an 83 ovr slasher with a 63 3-pointer and 1 shooting badge. I'm superstar 2 and know that when I go up against a comparable rated player (or anyone below 91) with my 85 that I will likely dominate unless that person is at least at my rep, just because I have so many more games under my belt.

In like 30+ games with my 80s rated player I've run into full squads maybe twice. Much more often with my 97 which can suck when I just want to have fun and they are playing a well coordinated 2-3 zone against a bunch of randoms. But I will say its WAY better than it was before they changed matchmaking.
naw, they're 85's and badged up.

And why ? because 2k did try to correct some of the match making, at least for those going in as randoms not with a squad. if you go in as a random now with a build thats an 87 or lower, you will get players on that level. the entire team overall on both sides will not for the most part exceed 91 ovr.
Since this has been changed, these squads that were 96 to 99 overalls can no longer go into the rec to feast off of lesser players. now they're being matched up against other 96+ guys. they dont want that at all. They want to beat up on the JV team. thats their sole purpose for coming into the rec. get easy wins. so the new game is to keep your overall down, but keep your badges up.

Here's the thing, from a pure basketball fun sense. I can't be totally mad at them for that. I even though about doing it myself. Me and some guys i've pplayed with that have 92+ players are thinking maybe we should start really playing with our newer/lesser overall guys together just so we can get non CHEESE games.

Because basically, once you start talking about guys that are 95's, 96's, 97's, 99's(i rarely see 98's...lol.) you're talking about a cheese fest if they are defenders. and a cheese fest if they are playmakers that can shoot and abuse the around the back move.

You feel as if you're playing not just vs the other team but also vs 2k's cpu. Which really isnt fun. You play rec/pro am to play PEOPLE. not to go up against some bad 2k algorithm forcing you to blow layups air ball jumpers, throw the ball away even though you thru it in a different direction all because there are 3 or more 95+ defenders running around. That kind of stuff gets old even if you find a way to defeat it. the pure stress of defeating that kind of non realistic basketball isnt all that fun.

You know when you're having fun and its you vs the other guy with a lot less 2k help? before you get that overall too high and back when you were on the way up the ladder and you played other guys who were in their 80's. those games are Fun win or lose.

I can make a decent pass again, I can poke the ball lose from a guy over dribbling, when i get you in a pump fake and go up i get more realistic fouls called.
Old 02-27-2020, 08:46 AM   #79
Rookie

Gowi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ShowTime2
I dont wanna defend 2k's matchmaking, but to expect them to setup a well balanced team every time is a bit too much...Except you wanna wait for an hour or so.

And I dont get why slashing offensive threats are a problem. They can do everything offensively, they just chose slasher as their takeover. I rather quit when I have three offensive threats at 1-3 because we lack defense...
Sometimes those Offensive Threats play defense. The archetype system can be pretty misleading.
Old 02-27-2020, 11:17 AM   #80
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

I’m goint to start rec in a few weeks.

So, when I start off. I’ll be matched up with players my own overall ?

Instead of a team of 95+ overalls ??

(Yes, I have 150,000 plus VC saved so will upgrade my player to the standard 85 overall or whatever it is this year).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »