Home

Matchmaking in Rec is awful.

This is a discussion on Matchmaking in Rec is awful. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2020, 05:11 PM   #41
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Matchmaking in Rec is awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleinevos
Speed advantage is overrated in rec. Simply cuz the courts are too small.

Against that lineup, just camp around the block. They got no perimeter threats. Those interior forces might be able to shoot but haven’t met many who could.
Not really true anymore. Since the first patch anyone over 6'11 or so is terrible in transition defense. They're just too slow to keep up. This was a good addition by 2k. Bigs have to really choose wisely on when they crash the offensive boards or they'll be a liability defensively.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2020, 08:42 PM   #42
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan4life
Not really true anymore. Since the first patch anyone over 6'11 or so is terrible in transition defense. They're just too slow to keep up. This was a good addition by 2k. Bigs have to really choose wisely on when they crash the offensive boards or they'll be a liability defensively.
I've got 91 off ball speed and Downhill HOF and don't just CLEAR 7 footers on the break. If im the 4 guarding a stretch it works because they're up top a lot and i can step on them and be gone before the shot comes off the rim, but if i were to try and take a defensive rebound coast to coast it wouldn't be like it is in career.
Old 01-07-2020, 09:55 PM   #43
Pro

Iasounis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
I've got 91 off ball speed and Downhill HOF and don't just CLEAR 7 footers on the break. If im the 4 guarding a stretch it works because they're up top a lot and i can step on them and be gone before the shot comes off the rim, but if i were to try and take a defensive rebound coast to coast it wouldn't be like it is in career.
Just checking, you an on or offline player?
Old 01-08-2020, 03:20 AM   #44
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iasounis
Just checking, you an on or offline player?
Seeing as this is a Rec thread... I'm mainly online.
Old 01-08-2020, 07:00 PM   #45
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erithtotl
What is your rep? If it is good (at least not bronze anymore) then probably just bad luck. As a big man it should be trivial to get a rec game.

I used to ignore rep, but it really is a statement of how much you play 2K online. Problem is, 2K online plays SO different than offline, that experienced players are wary to trust playing with inexperienced ones as they are likely to witness a display of turnovers and airballs.

This could be solved by two things

1) fixing the OVR mechanism so that you don't lose so much of your rating when you lose and your rating is over 95
2) making it so you can play offline mode with the same speed and sliders as online mode so that its not such a jarring transition.
Hmm good point. My rep is very low cuz I pretty much stopped playing 2K consistently a few months ago. But I mean, obviously I'm not bad lol.

In that case, I guess it's just a problem with 2K's somewhat toxic community lol. I actually never ever even pay attention to people's reps when I play and I don't assume anyone is going to be s*** until I play with them and (usually very quickly) learn they're s***.

I wish people didn't care so much about that crap and just freakin' played
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2020, 08:03 PM   #46
Pro

Iasounis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyBake
Hmm good point. My rep is very low cuz I pretty much stopped playing 2K consistently a few months ago. But I mean, obviously I'm not bad lol.

In that case, I guess it's just a problem with 2K's somewhat toxic community lol. I actually never ever even pay attention to people's reps when I play and I don't assume anyone is going to be s*** until I play with them and (usually very quickly) learn they're s***.

I wish people didn't care so much about that crap and just freakin' played
I'd rather not care either, but now that your overall past 95 is on the line, I've become a little choosy.

There's another thread going, so I'll just say... 2k needs to figure out some form of matchmaking. Be it, grade, rep, overall (don't really like this because people always making new builds), AND (not 'or') keeping squads matched up.
Old 01-09-2020, 08:36 PM   #47
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iasounis
I'd rather not care either, but now that your overall past 95 is on the line, I've become a little choosy.

There's another thread going, so I'll just say... 2k needs to figure out some form of matchmaking. Be it, grade, rep, overall (don't really like this because people always making new builds), AND (not 'or') keeping squads matched up.
I'll add one more thing on rep. Once you get to the 3rd tier or so you have to have played quite a few online games. That doesn't mean you are good or a good teammate. But it likely means you know your shot and understand how 2K plays online (which as I said is SO DIFFERENT from offline). Someone in the 4th tier (superstar) has probably played twice as many rec games as someone in the middle of the 3rd tier, and just going from tier 4 level 1 to level 2 requires like 150 games.

I've seen a lot of high rep (4th-5th tier) be very effective with sub 90 ovr players, sometimes so good you have a hard time believing you read the OVR right on the pre-game screen. Likewise I've played with a number of 96-97s who are either mindless chuckers or turnover machines because they aren't familiar with how things work online.

If you are a team player who will pass and play defense and want to play with adults you can add me or Karl (above) on Ps4.
Old 01-09-2020, 10:52 PM   #48
Banned

Since we are on the topic of rec center is anyone else just getting stuck on the jordan loading screen prior to going into the game??

3 times in a row now when i jump into the doors, i get a team, then it just stays on the “rec” screen and swivels left and right but it just stays there. I havent played rec for about 30 days before this and now all the sudden i cant even get into the actual game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »