Home

Slashers are still op

This is a discussion on Slashers are still op within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2020, 02:47 PM   #1
Rookie

mmagame209's Arena

OVR: 0
Slashers are still op

got past the whole team and somehow i got the contest, and even then that is my 2 way slasher. i should have enough interior defense for him to miss it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2020, 04:37 PM   #2
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Re: Slashers are still op

Slashers are underpowered as hell. What do you mean? If i have all the finishing badges HOF and I'm holding turbo, i should never go for a layup 1 on 1. But all the time when I'm trying to go strong, my guy does this soft layup. This is with all my finishing builds. I have 2 guards at 6'5, a SF at 6'7 and teo different paint beasts at 6'9. 2 of my builds only have Gold Contat Finisher but i have 3 builds with HOF. I'm constantly bricking layups in traffic as well. I typically use the stick for finishing, but it does this with square as well. Idk... I'm even boosting my finishing as well.
Old 03-05-2020, 06:17 PM   #3
Rookie

BasketBalla21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
Slashers are underpowered as hell. What do you mean? If i have all the finishing badges HOF and I'm holding turbo, i should never go for a layup 1 on 1. But all the time when I'm trying to go strong, my guy does this soft layup. This is with all my finishing builds. I have 2 guards at 6'5, a SF at 6'7 and teo different paint beasts at 6'9. 2 of my builds only have Gold Contat Finisher but i have 3 builds with HOF. I'm constantly bricking layups in traffic as well. I typically use the stick for finishing, but it does this with square as well. Idk... I'm even boosting my finishing as well.
Do you have your shot meter on or off? Turning the meter on helps you make more layups. If you have HOF consistent finisher and pro touch with the meter on you should make more layups than you miss.
Old 03-05-2020, 07:07 PM   #4
MVP

I typically have my meter off, but I'll try it.
Old 03-06-2020, 10:17 AM   #5
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmagame209

got past the whole team and somehow i got the contest, and even then that is my 2 way slasher. i should have enough interior defense for him to miss it
I don't think this is an example of a OP move. He avoided the contact, and he almost had a full bar when he released the shot. You're supposed to shake his hand, and be like "Good game".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2020, 10:21 AM   #6
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Acrobat and Slithery Finish badges might help. That's what I use in connection to the Contact Finisher badge. From watching various YouTube videos, I was given the impression that the Contact Finisher by itself is not enough to make layups.
Old 03-06-2020, 03:35 PM   #7
MVP

I turned timing off on my layups last night. If you have shot feedback on it'll still give you timing responses but i seemed to be finishing at a much higher clip. This was on my big with only a 70 driving layup right now as I'm still trying to get VC for upgrades. Haven't tested on my other finishing characters but it seemed to help tremendously even with out Consistent, Relentless, or slithery. I took off fancy footwork and went with Slithery once i was about to get off for the night so i haven't tested that extensively yet. But turning off timingon layups seemed to help a ton. In Controller Settings you can change timing to jump shots only. I still have my meter off.
Old 03-06-2020, 03:47 PM   #8
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
I turned timing off on my layups last night. If you have shot feedback on it'll still give you timing responses but i seemed to be finishing at a much higher clip. This was on my big with only a 70 driving layup right now as I'm still trying to get VC for upgrades. Haven't tested on my other finishing characters but it seemed to help tremendously even with out Consistent, Relentless, or slithery. I took off fancy footwork and went with Slithery once i was about to get off for the night so i haven't tested that extensively yet. But turning off timingon layups seemed to help a ton. In Controller Settings you can change timing to jump shots only. I still have my meter off.
I might try the no shot meter later tonight. Quite a few people have been recommending that. You're better off dropping Fancy Footwork. I had it for a short while, but it would never trigger for me. Slithery Finish seems to unlocks additional animations and creates an AOE around the player. When I'm attempting a layup, Giant Slayer, Contact, and Giant Slayer were the badges that would frequently activate for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »