Home

Pro-Am Players in REC

This is a discussion on Pro-Am Players in REC within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2020, 06:37 AM   #9
Pro

kirkangil's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Pro-Am Players in REC

The developers are on this forum hopefully next year they have 2 doors one for solo rec players and another for squad rec players. To balance competition more.
Old 03-07-2020, 09:28 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
are you new to 2020? This is the norm now. Tenured teams running rec so they don’t get pro am losses

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I will never understand the reasoning behind this. It's like a MLB team playing a U12 Boys Little League team so they don't "hurt their record" by playing other MLB teams on their level.

Ducking competition to pad stats is not in any way impressive,nor will it in any way make people better players.It is pretty much just straight up insecure people that need their egos stroked because they can't handle even the possibility of a losing a game.

All the more reason there needs to be a better lobby/matchmaking system than now.If guys want to do this then make them play in unranked Pro Am lobbies where the games don't count towards anyones precious "record".
Old 03-07-2020, 09:41 AM   #11
Banned

Housh123's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWrestling3
I will never understand the reasoning behind this. It's like a MLB team playing a U12 Boys Little League team so they don't "hurt their record" by playing other MLB teams on their level.

Ducking competition to pad stats is not in any way impressive,nor will it in any way make people better players.It is pretty much just straight up insecure people that need their egos stroked because they can't handle even the possibility of a losing a game.

All the more reason there needs to be a better lobby/matchmaking system than now.If guys want to do this then make them play in unranked Pro Am lobbies where the games don't count towards anyones precious "record".

I’d recommend a user vs cpu mode and better matchmaking

I know a lot of guys run on teams and simply don’t want to play 50 comp games in a row VS try hardship so they’ll dip into rec here and there. I say instead of that make a game mode that’s like real NBA stars vs our pro am team and it’s in a difficulty that’s HOF or above and make it 2x rep. That should get some of these pro am guys out the rec. just give these guys something to do but lurk in rec beating up on randoms

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2020, 10:38 AM   #12
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
Bro I've been saying this for months.

Gotta say, been running with the normal squad the last 2 nights. It makes a huge difference when you know all your teammates tendencies. We played some pretty stiff competition the last couple nights as well. When we play, we have all our 96 and up characters so it's guaranteed we're getting a full 5. Last game of the night went to OT. We won by 5. Had to win at least 3 in the 4th quarter. We played a good 10 games or so and haven't lost either.

Everyone plays the passing lanes when we're on the court. The difference is that we have a great PG. He's not dropping 30ppg every night either. Consistently getting 15 plus assists every game tho.

I played the first few on my shooter, but ran the rest of the night on my 6'9 paint beast at the 5. Got matched up on quite a few 7'3s as well. Gotta get my shooting badges up tho. It's tough.
Man!

They got into us so bad with the passing lane steals, I almost went to the other thread to apologize to you, lol. I'll say this...with the right team, passing lane steals can be a SERIOUS problem. Lord knows that I was trying to pick apart the defense, but every time I looked up to pass someone was ALWAYS one arm's length from stealing the pass out of the air. The BIG difference was that this team was more disciplined and they didn't overplay the lanes. Randoms tend to get greedy and anxious about steals, so they'll tend to move out of position for me to make an easy pass. This team? Hell naw! It didn't help that I couldn't take my man off the dribble either.

However, this was a team of "pros" against some average joes. Everything they do should seem OP.

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 03-07-2020 at 10:49 AM.
Old 03-07-2020, 10:44 AM   #13
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:

I know a lot of guys run on teams and simply don’t want to play 50 comp games in a row VS try hardship so they’ll dip into rec here and there. I say instead of that make a game mode that’s like real NBA stars vs our pro am team and it’s in a difficulty that’s HOF or above and make it 2x rep. That should get some of these pro am guys out the rec. just give these guys something to do but lurk in rec beating up on randoms

What's crazy. I really do understand now wanting to play comp games all the time. At that level, I'm pretty sure that the games tend to be intense all the time. That would start to work on my nerves and blood pressure.

However, I do agree. They need their own unranked lobby or something. Beating up on randoms is not competition either. I can't remember the last time I got a grade lower than B+. I got a D in this game.
Old 03-07-2020, 11:46 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWrestling3

happens irl on the aau circuit or tournaments. teams of 16 year olds beating up on 13-14 year olds so they can “win”.

these guys dont care to improve or play their peers they want to win at all costs and get max rep.
Old 03-07-2020, 11:47 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkangil
The developers are on this forum hopefully next year they have 2 doors one for solo rec players and another for squad rec players. To balance competition more.
they knew this an issue last year and all they did was give these guys more incentive to do it(rep).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2020, 12:23 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:

I think that can be an option too...there really needs to be something that is a more attractive alternative than just beating up on people not on your level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
happens irl on the aau circuit or tournaments. teams of 16 year olds beating up on 13-14 year olds so they can “win”.

these guys dont care to improve or play their peers they want to win at all costs and get max rep.
For sure it does, happens in baseball too. A friend of mine coaches U14 and sometimes there will be what are basically college teams playing in tournaments with 14 year olds so they can "win". Doesn't make beating lesser skilled teams any more shallow in the long run though.

I think that's the point though, "pro" teams probably shouldn't be rewarded for beating up on what are more less casual pick up ball squads.If they want to do it casually for practice or fun that is fine, making it "the easy way" for guys to rep up is a bad idea.There has to be a better way to handle the situation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »