Home

Pro-Am Players in REC

This is a discussion on Pro-Am Players in REC within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2020, 12:00 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: Pro-Am Players in REC

Not all full squads are pro-am teams. We've put together a sizable group of players, starting with people on this forum, and look to run full squads in rec when we get the chance. Having 5 people on mics who trust each other and don't scream or freeze people out is about 5 times better than 5 randoms and if you are on the random side it will feel hopeless. We don't typically run a formal offense and only sometimes run a zone. About 1 in 3-4 games we run into another squad and have a real fight on our hands. I know my points per game is about 10 higher when we run with a group than when I run with randoms who don't pass and can't space the floor or guard their man.

If we get 5 people on who are a regular part of the pro-am rotation and know our schemes we will typically go play pro-am.

The biggest problem with this years myplayer multiplayer is the dynamic ratings. It's a cool idea, and nice not to have to play one million games to get to 99. But the penalties for a loss are so much greater than what you gain for a win (and a lot of times you have animations that are dependent on the rating boosts). So there's a huge incentive to stack the odds in your favor. You literally have to win 3 games to overcome 1 loss.
Old 03-08-2020, 02:09 PM   #18
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erithtotl
Not all full squads are pro-am teams. We've put together a sizable group of players, starting with people on this forum, and look to run full squads in rec when we get the chance. Having 5 people on mics who trust each other and don't scream or freeze people out is about 5 times better than 5 randoms and if you are on the random side it will feel hopeless. We don't typically run a formal offense and only sometimes run a zone. About 1 in 3-4 games we run into another squad and have a real fight on our hands. I know my points per game is about 10 higher when we run with a group than when I run with randoms who don't pass and can't space the floor or guard their man.

If we get 5 people on who are a regular part of the pro-am rotation and know our schemes we will typically go play pro-am.

The biggest problem with this years myplayer multiplayer is the dynamic ratings. It's a cool idea, and nice not to have to play one million games to get to 99. But the penalties for a loss are so much greater than what you gain for a win (and a lot of times you have animations that are dependent on the rating boosts). So there's a huge incentive to stack the odds in your favor. You literally have to win 3 games to overcome 1 loss.
Maybe, maybe not. Pro-am team or not, their overall collective skills far exceeded anything that I have encountered up until that point. If they were merely a squad then matchmaking needs to change where squads of 3 or more need to be matched up with other squads.

I have played against squads before, and I have never got beaten and manhandled that bad before. This squad was definitely different from other squads that I have played before. It's like being at your local park and some unknown dude shows up to play. Any basketball player worth their weight in gold should be able to immediately recognize when another player is used to playing at a higher level competition. You can take any G-League player, let him play at the local park, and guys can tell "This dude plays college, overseas, or should be in the NBA.".
Old 03-08-2020, 04:24 PM   #19
Pro

Iasounis's Arena

Quote:

I'll cosign this. It's a problem 2k created. They tied ability to improve and maintain your overall with winning, but haven't implemented proper matchmaking; so many do so by stacking the deck in their favour.
Old 03-08-2020, 05:20 PM   #20
MVP

tru11's Arena

Just keep solo and squads seperated.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-08-2020, 05:26 PM   #21
Pro

Iasounis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru11

Exactly, but what to do with squads of 2-4?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2020, 05:28 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru11

I agree with this but where do you draw a line? Any people in a squad? 2 people, or 3?

In my experience while 2 or 3 give you an advantage over randoms, it doesn't really start to get overwhelming until 4.
Old 03-09-2020, 12:09 AM   #23
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
I agree with this but where do you draw a line? Any people in a squad? 2 people, or 3?

In my experience while 2 or 3 give you an advantage over randoms, it doesn't really start to get overwhelming until 4.
3 and up. It's hard to freeze out a team with just 2 people.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
Old 03-09-2020, 03:21 AM   #24
MVP

tru11's Arena

Quote:

Meh 2 people are enough to freeze everybody out.

Get the pg postion and the c and everybody might just be statues lol.

But i know it might cause to long of a waiting time so id say just full squads.

The other options would are not really viable.
4 requires 1 solo player or cpu to fill it up which personally i have no issue with but would screw you over when playing against a full 5

2 and 3 require on each other or cpu to fill
It up which might take a while.

So just give full squads seperate matchmaking.

It really would solve most of the complains and its probably also the easiest to pull off.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »