Home

NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Gameplay Blog (Part 3 of 3) - MyPLAYER, Builds, Badges, Takeover, Next-Gen AI Offense & Defense

This is a discussion on NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Gameplay Blog (Part 3 of 3) - MyPLAYER, Builds, Badges, Takeover, Next-Gen AI Offense & Defense within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2020, 12:22 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Gameplay Blog (Part 3 of 3) - MyPLAYER, Builds, Badges, Takeove

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman504
BRO ...I just watched the video 2k posted on twitter in regards to this blog. AD sets pick for Lebron. Bron uses pick drives right! Crowder who was covering AD (who looks to be sagged off) runs PAST Lebron to go cover AD giving Bron wide open shot.,

If the AI is so improved would'nt Crowder pick up bron after seeing his teammate get picked??
Good catch. Will always be a problem. 2K has a problem in which every defender must be responsible for a man at all times. Until the game is coded so that 2 players can “contain” the ball until the original defender is back in front then switching will remain clunky

And honestly they need to double down on “ball first” principles for the defense. I know people will complain that shooters are wide open but teams generating wide open looks from 3 due to dribble penetration is the fundamental basis of modern NBA offense. Sometimes guys will just be open. It happens. But what needs to happen much less is the free runs to the basket due to not recognizing that the ball is more important than the guy standing 26 feet away from the basket

Last edited by Baebae32; 10-21-2020 at 12:25 PM.
Old 10-21-2020, 12:25 PM   #34
Banned

TheFgGoatLikesHawks's Arena

Re: NBA 2K21 Next-Gen Gameplay Blog (Part 3 of 3) - MyPLAYER, Builds, Badges, Takeove

Seeing a lot more new shooting badges than defensive badges. More OP shooting, just what this game needs......
Old 10-21-2020, 12:27 PM   #35
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

I can't believe I'm doing this, because I was never a MyPlayer "fan" before, but

I believe the removal of the pie charts is a bad idea, and we're going to see the return of the demigods. With the pie charts, players were forced to spread out their points across the other categories. Now and more than likely, players going to just dump everything into shooting, because we all know three-point shooting is God in this game.

I'm going to read the article again, but I felt like the bigs were nerfed again. As a result, we're going to see a lot of small forwards and shooting guards versus any centers and power forwards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2020, 12:27 PM   #36
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFgGoatLikesHawks
Seeing a lot more new shooting badges than defensive badges. More OP shooting, just what this game needs......
Yup, I saw the same thing.
Old 10-21-2020, 12:31 PM   #37
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I can't believe I'm doing this, because I was never a MyPlayer "fan" before, but

I believe the removal of the pie charts is a bad idea, and we're going to see the return of the demigods. With the pie charts, players were forced to spread out their points across the other categories. Now and more than likely, players going to just dump everything into shooting, because we all know three-point shooting is God in this game.

I'm going to read the article again, but I felt like the bigs were nerfed again. As a result, we're going to see a lot of small forwards and shooting guards versus any centers and power forwards.
What did you see that tells you bigs were nerfed?
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 10-21-2020, 12:35 PM   #38
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFgGoatLikesHawks
I give it a week before Youtubers break the game. Every one online will have the same jumpshot and OP behind the back dribble nonsense.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Old 10-21-2020, 12:36 PM   #39
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
What did you see that tells you bigs were nerfed?
I feel like a lot the takeovers should have been regular badges for bigs.
Old 10-21-2020, 12:52 PM   #40
Pro

SuperNoVa27's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76

I don’t know man, if anything Bigs were buffed.

The system leaked earlier so I’ve been playing around with some ideas for a couple days now and it seems an All Around Anthony Davis type player is possible.

Now I’m not saying I know exactly how the system works but hear me out.

The two most obvious ways the builder could play out are, Attribute Points like we have in pie charts or simply using 2k’s normal overall calculation.

Hop in the MyPlayer builder and take note of the caps 2k imposes on you, from everything seen so far they’ll be more or less the same.

Create a Player and set all of their attributes to 25, except for things like Intangibles, Offensive Consistency, Pass IQ, etc... which you set to 99.

Dump 1,000 points into the CAP as you see fit, you’ll probably end up around 95 overall to begin with, but if you exceed 95 you can just stop where you’re at. Assume things like Post Hook, Fade and Moves will just match your Post Control attribute.

Granted this is a lot of assumption but it really looks like 2k is taking off the reins. From KG, to Shaq, to Wilt, to Hakeem, it looks like you’ll be able to mimic the greats for the first time in a long time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »