Home

Shooting in this game is insanely difficult (Current Gen)

This is a discussion on Shooting in this game is insanely difficult (Current Gen) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2020, 02:26 PM   #49
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Shooting in this game is insanely difficult

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9
Cujo u always help me so question is shot aimimg off does that matter and you say you release it at the top of his jump could you shows video or pics
it's hard to show in a video or pics because I dont use a shot meter for reference. Hold the button till your player is at the top of his jump then let go. Generally of you hold too long the ball will go short off the front of the rim. If you let go too early it goes off the back of the rim.
Old 11-30-2020, 01:04 AM   #50
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Shooting in this game is insanely difficult (Current Gen)

If you're an offline gamer then you have a world of options to customize the game to your liking. Online however, this is a welcomed change and when I get scorched by someone I can
At least respect their timing especially of pressured.

Next gen is a tad easier, but there's still a challenge, because the release changes based on location. I'm down from shooting 60% on 2k20 from 3 to 50% this year and I can live with that.
Old 11-30-2020, 05:48 AM   #51
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

Idk if it me but it seems I’m shootings better on rail cam then 2k cam idk. I still don’t know if i should use shot meter or not

https://www.youtube.com/@B1g___Boned
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2020, 10:10 AM   #52
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9
Idk if it me but it seems I’m shootings better on rail cam then 2k cam idk. I still don’t know if i should use shot meter or not
Try using shot feedback instead. That way your not overly focused on a meter but at least shot feedback will let you know if you're on the right track with your timing being early or late.
Old 11-30-2020, 12:56 PM   #53
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
Try using shot feedback instead. That way your not overly focused on a meter but at least shot feedback will let you know if you're on the right track with your timing being early or late.
Got u so shot feedback on and just look at my hands right I was told if you turn shot meter off u get a bonus

https://www.youtube.com/@B1g___Boned
Old 11-30-2020, 03:27 PM   #54
Rookie

Levistick's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
If you're an offline gamer then you have a world of options to customize the game to your liking. Online however, this is a welcomed change and when I get scorched by someone I can
At least respect their timing especially of pressured.

Next gen is a tad easier, but there's still a challenge, because the release changes based on location. I'm down from shooting 60% on 2k20 from 3 to 50% this year and I can live with that.
The problem with this is that offline is suffering for the problems of online. I shouldn't have to spend hours tweaking sliders to balance something as fundamental as shooting in a basketball game just because of people who cheese online, when I've never even touched online.

And thats the problem with 2K in general, is that offline game has had to suffer the effects from the online game. The more popular MyTeam and Park get, the worse offline game play gets.
M. Fultz: 15pts., 4 ast. pts.
J. Suggs: 14 pts.
R.J. Hampton: 14 pts.
M. Bamba: 13 pts., 14 reb.
Old 11-30-2020, 03:40 PM   #55
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levistick
The problem with this is that offline is suffering for the problems of online. I shouldn't have to spend hours tweaking sliders to balance something as fundamental as shooting in a basketball game just because of people who cheese online, when I've never even touched online.

And thats the problem with 2K in general, is that offline game has had to suffer the effects from the online game. The more popular MyTeam and Park get, the worse offline game play gets.
That's definitely not an exclusive 2k problem. I dont think any game has successfully segregated offline and online modes in terms of gameplay.

Madden has tried with competitive/sim settings but they are never completely unique from each other.

I just dont think it's very realistic to assume it's even possible to make a game that will be a one size fits all to gamers and hence why sliders exist.

I have tried sliders posted here on OS and read the comments on how awesome they are only to try them and think they make the game significantly worse. That doesnt make me right and them all wrong. It just means that a group of people who play the game similarly has found common ground and that I need to keep looking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2020, 11:41 PM   #56
Rookie

Levistick's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
That's definitely not an exclusive 2k problem. I dont think any game has successfully segregated offline and online modes in terms of gameplay.

Madden has tried with competitive/sim settings but they are never completely unique from each other.

I just dont think it's very realistic to assume it's even possible to make a game that will be a one size fits all to gamers and hence why sliders exist.

I have tried sliders posted here on OS and read the comments on how awesome they are only to try them and think they make the game significantly worse. That doesnt make me right and them all wrong. It just means that a group of people who play the game similarly has found common ground and that I need to keep looking.
But that's exactly my point. I can't speak for everyone else, but I have limited time to be able to play. I am not going to waste what precious time I do have for gaming on figuring out how to get the game playable in the first place. There are certain things to be expected that won't perform entirely ideally without tweaks, but we are talking about something as basic and fundamental as *shooting*

If a basketball game can't even get that right, its just not gonna get played. Im not going to spend my time getting the game to function properly on the most basic of levels. Im just not gonna play it, period. And after a week of it, I'm already about done with it already.
M. Fultz: 15pts., 4 ast. pts.
J. Suggs: 14 pts.
R.J. Hampton: 14 pts.
M. Bamba: 13 pts., 14 reb.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »