Home

Shooting in this game is insanely difficult (Current Gen)

This is a discussion on Shooting in this game is insanely difficult (Current Gen) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2020, 06:14 AM   #41
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Shooting in this game is insanely difficult

If I use my team (the Nets) shooting is easy, I like playing with my midrange and 3pt sliders at 47.

If I use another team, I keep it at 50 and go with it.

Key word: Practice, the game has a learning curve.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2020, 06:41 AM   #42
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker
If I use my team (the Nets) shooting is easy, I like playing with my midrange and 3pt sliders at 47.

If I use another team, I keep it at 50 and go with it.

Key word: Practice, the game has a learning curve.
47? 50?which difficulty? we had to up the 3pt sliders from 55 to 58 on superstar as else Most people werent hitting anything.

@all who are saying that they dont understand why 2k made Timing shooting harder than aiming: Are you just repeating how the game Was at the beginning? right now, Timing is much easier than aiming, 90% of the player base uses Timing.
Old 11-28-2020, 01:37 PM   #43
Rookie

Levistick's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
47? 50?which difficulty? we had to up the 3pt sliders from 55 to 58 on superstar as else Most people werent hitting anything.

@all who are saying that they dont understand why 2k made Timing shooting harder than aiming: Are you just repeating how the game Was at the beginning? right now, Timing is much easier than aiming, 90% of the player base uses Timing.
No, I'm not repeating anything about anything. I am talking about the game experience right now at this very moment.

I am thrilled because I have upped my 3 point shooting in MyLeague to >25%

This is with B+ through A rated 3 point shooters, getting set up for wide open shots in their hot spots. In years past, I was hitting much more respectable and realistic #'s, shooting roughly 30%-40% from 3. Now, I have to remove the 3 ball from my strategy entirely, and play exclusively pick & roll / drive to the basket. I haven't changed any difficulty settings from previous years - I have been playing on Superstar mode with timed shooting for over a decade, and able to shoot the 3 ball respectably enough that I can make it a viable element of my game. Now, if I were to throw it in, I would be setting myself up to lose.

Again, idk what people are doing in Park or anything like that, but it is frustrating for me because it feels like my game experience is being punished because of what people are doing online. So my game experience had to be negatively effected because of what people are doing in game modes that I don't even touch. The game has worked a certain way for me for years and years, and now it has changed and it is unplayable in that capacity anymore without additional hours of testing and tweaking of sliders and settings. I just want to load into MyLeague, toss it on Superstar, and have a semi-challenging experience of playing with my team through NBA seasons, trading and team-building, while having an experience that someone else above said that gives realistic-ish results and stats based partially on skill, but not entirely on it, and also factors in player ratings into the mix as well. Considering my lack of success is happening with competently and respectably rated players, I do not feel that the ratings of my players actually matter, that rather I am being punished for not being a Park green machine, and I am having a lessened game experience because of it.
M. Fultz: 15pts., 4 ast. pts.
J. Suggs: 14 pts.
R.J. Hampton: 14 pts.
M. Bamba: 13 pts., 14 reb.
Old 11-28-2020, 03:11 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 7

I don't understand why they changed the shooting mechanics from what they were around the time they first introduced signature animations. It was perfect the way it was.

They screwed it up once they started with the green release crap. I'm assuming they changed it up to make users feel like they had more control over their shot in MyCareer, but they should've just kept that function exclusive to that mode. I shouldn't be able to take someone like Kris Dunn and shoot 10/10 just because I can green his release each time. It makes the ratings feel completely useless. Real shooting percentages aren't the solution either, that basically makes it to where you can shoot whatever type of shot and make it regardless of the defense, which is ridiculous.

I don't even want to get into the shot aim mechanics. Even though I don't have any issues using it myself, it shouldn't feel like you're putting in Mortal Kombat combos just to do something as basic as shooting. That's one of the major issues I have with the later games in the series, shouldn't feel like you're pressing every button on the controller just to trigger one animation or move. To me it's all a sloppy and lazy way of programming new things into the game without truly trying to implement them into the core engine. It's obvious it's what they're doing each year, hence all the bugs and glitches that pile up year after year.
Old 11-28-2020, 03:24 PM   #45
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31

I put it on HoF then adjust

It would be something like this:

User/CPU
Inside: 45
Close: 45
Midrange: 47/50
3PT: 47/50
Layup: 46
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2020, 09:54 PM   #46
Rookie

Levistick's Arena

Re: Shooting in this game is insanely difficult (Current Gen)

An example, from a MyLeague game I played today:

(I won, by a lot, so the difficulty isn't too hard. But you can definitely see how unrealistic this is)

Statline

0/9 from 3.

92 points in the paint
27 free throws

119 points off dunks / layups / free throws

121 points altogether.

Meaning I scored ONE shot that wasn't a dunk / free throw.

ONE.

Never, in ALL my time playing NBA2K since 2K2, have I ever scored ZERO 3 pointers, and scored only ONE shot that wasn't a dunk / free throw.

Sorry. This game is not balanced.
M. Fultz: 15pts., 4 ast. pts.
J. Suggs: 14 pts.
R.J. Hampton: 14 pts.
M. Bamba: 13 pts., 14 reb.

Last edited by Levistick; 11-28-2020 at 11:29 PM.
Old 11-28-2020, 11:56 PM   #47
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
I was sure I was going to do the stick but I just dont think I'll ever get it. My shooting percentage would be 35% if I had a career day lol.

I'm using shot timing with button and I have all the meters off. I was sure this would be a problem but I play all my sports games with as clean a screen as possible.

It turns out this has been the best ive been at shooting in years. I release the button when my player is the top of his jump.
Cujo u always help me so question is shot aimimg off does that matter and you say you release it at the top of his jump could you shows video or pics

https://www.youtube.com/@B1g___Boned
Old 11-29-2020, 01:43 PM   #48
Pro

Re: Shooting in this game is insanely difficult (Current Gen)

I forgot to mention that I play with game speed on 45. I don’t use Shot Aiming crap.

So I tried playing with another team besides the Nets to see what the gripe is... I couldn’t hit **** even at 50. As I stated earlier, I have my 3pt & Midrange slider at 47 when I use Nets.

I don’t think its a problem though because I don’t know the releases... try using your favorite team and see how you do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »