Home

Radical solutions for the completely broken next gen D...

This is a discussion on Radical solutions for the completely broken next gen D... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2021, 08:36 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Radical solutions for the completely broken next gen D...

It would be good if we could have a thread where people could list whatever left field 'solution' they may have tried, so as to help others.

Two big probs: no help D...and no double teams. Yes, you read that right. No double teams. This is unbelievable...but they have 'removed' them. It kills the game like nothing else.

Radical solution: I am now playing a season as the Cavs. Drummond is not a good enough post player to demand doubles. He is more put backs and scraps... and, with help sliders absolutely maxed out, there is enough there to stop the lower rated Cavs guards from penetrating at will.

Teams you simply can't use: Lakers, Philly, Rockets etc. LeBron and Simmons and Harden can literally get to the paint and lay up all game on hall of fame. I can't overstate how bad this is and what a massive disappointment coming from guys like Beluba and Da Czar.

Teams you simply can't use: Anyone with a post game. Joel Embiid can, literally, back down deep in the post (no doubles ever come) and score. Mismatched on a 5 foot guard? The AI just watches. I can't overstate how bad this is, and again, as a long term vet of these games I really can't believe Beluba and D Czar have overseen this. I hold those two in high regard, so this is a real let down. Surely a patch is coming.

So, basically you can't use strong teams / post players / dominant drivers if you want to play the CPU.

A crazy solution, but using the Cavs has at least give me more realism and a challenge. Ideal? No. A patch has to come.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2021, 10:27 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Radical solutions for the completely broken next gen D...

Defense is terrible. If a player has good speed with ball you can literally run around the cpu for a dunk or layup on hall of fame with on ball d on 100 and lateral quickness on 100 over and over with no double team. I had to globally edit speed with ball -15 to make it tolerable.

I was wondering why I was never getting doubled. Its gone? With these issues along with mynba offline bugs I'm just done right now. I'm just constantly wondering are they going to try to fix the game. Never any communication
Old 01-11-2021, 12:06 AM   #3
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by haloofduty
Defense is terrible. If a player has good speed with ball you can literally run around the cpu for a dunk or layup on hall of fame with on ball d on 100 and lateral quickness on 100 over and over with no double team. I had to globally edit speed with ball -15 to make it tolerable.

I was wondering why I was never getting doubled. Its gone? With these issues along with mynba offline bugs I'm just done right now. I'm just constantly wondering are they going to try to fix the game. Never any communication

The thing is Beluba released three dev blogs / courtside reports about all the sim aspects...how this was the most realistic basketball game ever and they could only do all these great new things with D with next gen hardware etc etc etc etc...

No double teams? No help D? That is just 100% deceptive...and really disappointing coming from respected SIM guys.

Apparently Da Czar mentioned it in some long youtube vid, with barely any views...but that is not fair on us, as consumers.

We should not have to ask "are double teams in the game?" in 2021. It is really dissapointing. In 20 years of playing NBA games, I have never 'demanded' a patch...but this has to be fixed for them to keep any credibility.
Old 01-11-2021, 03:15 AM   #4
Pro

Update: With HELP D at 100 and DA at 100 and coach instructions DOUBLE TEAM on DRIVE.

I finally saw Giannis get swarmed / doubled in a CPU v CPU game.

He had 19 points when it happened / was 8 from 10 and had made multiple straight shots.

Technically, if the coach sliders worked, he should have been doubled team when driving from the start as I set it there pre game.

But at least 'something' happened after 19 points.
Old 01-11-2021, 05:45 AM   #5
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

On ball defense is putrid for current gen as well. This feels like 2k18 all over again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2021, 06:29 AM   #6
Pro

Bexthelegend's Arena

Eh, I have Current Gen and Next gen, and on current gen they double constantly for no reason, even when it puts them at a disadvantage. On Next gen they don't double much at all. I don't know which is better
Old 01-11-2021, 10:15 AM   #7
Banned

My biggest Defensive issue is the space they give defenders. I dribble the ball up and then sag off me like I am Ben Simmons.

Check out CelticLG's atg roster. Not sure what the heck he did in those but they fix a lot of defensive issues for me. I was needing to edit sliders to get more offense.

If you are familiar with playing on broadcast cam; Another kind of hot fix I use is to play on rail cam. It kind of diminishes the buffs you get from playing in what is essentially god mode.

Last edited by lemarflacco; 01-11-2021 at 10:24 AM.
Old 01-11-2021, 01:50 PM   #8
Rookie

Why do they even bother to still put contact animations online ? just to keep up the facade thats an NBA sim ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »