Home

Mike Wang Twitter Poll On Shot Aiming

This is a discussion on Mike Wang Twitter Poll On Shot Aiming within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2021, 12:22 PM   #25
MVP

jk31's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Mike Wang Twitter Poll On Shot Aiming

Quote:
Originally Posted by luda06
Anyone can "Zen" anything AFAIK.

Removing a feature because it's abused or ... is there a better approach?

Yes there is! Remove Perfect releases equaling a 100% make! If it is like in the past, where a perfect release meant you hit as good as the player you have can do in regards to shot quality and rating, then cheaters that use these kinds of scripts cannot do that much harm. The game played very good back in old gen when there was no 100% makes and it most of the times felt like the better player won, even without this shot mechanics.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2021, 04:23 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
Yes there is! Remove Perfect releases equaling a 100% make! If it is like in the past, where a perfect release meant you hit as good as the player you have can do in regards to shot quality and rating, then cheaters that use these kinds of scripts cannot do that much harm. The game played very good back in old gen when there was no 100% makes and it most of the times felt like the better player won, even without this shot mechanics.

I like this.
Old 04-13-2021, 09:25 AM   #27
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Now that would make a great poll but we know how Mike's bosses (Twitter) will vote on that lol
Old 04-13-2021, 10:19 AM   #28
MVP

jk31's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Now that would make a great poll but we know how Mike's bosses (Twitter) will vote on that lol

Thats the sad point. I am sure about 90% that 2k devs actually want to create a more sim styled games than what we have right now, but I am also sure, that someone above them forces them to make the game play like it is right now just because of popularity...
Old 04-13-2021, 12:16 PM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Thats the sad point. I am sure about 90% that 2k devs actually want to create a more sim styled games than what we have right now, but I am also sure, that someone above them forces them to make the game play like it is right now just because of popularity...
Not only that, a large chunk of the playerbase 2K has built doesn't have an interest in sim style ball like it used to...it's people who just want hop online, hit highlight plays and shoot 100% green releases with demi god players all night long.
Old 04-13-2021, 12:26 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWrestling3
Not only that, a large chunk of the playerbase 2K has built doesn't have an interest in sim style ball like it used to...it's people who just want hop online, hit highlight plays and shoot 100% green releases with demi god players all night long.

Let them have a game called NBA Jam then?
Old 04-13-2021, 08:49 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Greens are the real problem the community doesn’t want to admit. There was a patch yesterday that killed the aiming scripts on current gen..2k claims zens are gone.

Far from the truth there are still excellent timing scripts on current gen and they’re working on one for next gen. Excellent scripts are the worst cause they’re hard to detect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2021, 09:57 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76

Plus, why does freaking shooting has to be THE skill gap??? What about defense? What about basketball IQ? What about dribbling? What about passing? Honestly, I just think it's real narrow minded thinking to believe shooting is the only thing that separates the real ballers from the amateurs.

Yea, the funny part is everything else IS still the skill gap, esp w/ Zen. Getting back on D and contesting shooters/pnr defense is what determines who wins. Of course, we bigs are in there getting rebs and that makes a difference, too, but when there are good teams playing, there aren't too many rebs to be had.

What would be cool, TO ME, is like in a (arcade) fighting game, you have all of these skill gaps, but in the end being able to execute combos and punish people hard will determine the winner. I know this because I never learn combos and I can consistently out poke people, but I have so much less margin for error because they just keep trying to launch me into a combo.

You're probably like ok cool story, but I'd actually enjoy an advanced shooting system that would be similar to 'combo' level hard, but for basketball, meaning being able to have much room to fake, bump, fade, rise up, etc and the window would be large for 'best chance of making it', but the skill gap would be how much space you could create. Leave the open shooting the way it is (except obviously not as consistent, watching everyone green open shots, to me, proves that wide window COULD WORK, but it just needs to be toned down in make/green.)

Like for instance if I drive to the rim and you are backpedaling, and I pull up WHILE you are back pedaling, that should be a high probability (relative to the player's capability) shot because I OUTSKILLED the player, same in the post, same under the rim, same with drive and kick for an open shot.

Allow more interactions, even tie a lot of them to RS, for offense and defense and make it a chess match and in the end, you either get the space or you don't. Sure, some people will come up with cheesy 'combos', they always do, but it should still be better than this. A programmed 'combo' is better than a programmed release. TBH Zen is only really wack because it actually IS hard to shoot (under a certain rating) without one. Once you hit high level + boost tho... But I've seen PF defender builds hitting center down w/ Zen. No SS take over, no 3 icon, not in corner.

FUNDAMENTAL CHANGE my friends, is the issue. They can still throw greens for outskilling someone, imagine going straight dream shake on someone and on the last move you pull the fade and it's like greeeen. Would that really be less satisfying than hitting a green from the corner, wide open, and then doing a back flip?

I'm telling u doods (2k devppl,) LISTEN TO ME. At least think about what I'm saying on this forum.

I like the idea of hooks on CG because they are kinda close to what I'm asking for, but yea they are kinda OP. However, it's also OP to just stand under the rim w/ a paint beast and make everyone miss every lay up.

So TLDR: Add in 'greens' for animations in a multi-branching system, if you properly shake someone. Release timing is a joke.

^you really think this dude has ms consistency on his release? Watch his feet on landing, watch his balance. There are subtle changes. The body adapts. He's really consistent, sure, but a more favorable window would be beneficial, IMMMMMO.

-Smak

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »