Home

Please turn the help defense, and cutter help defense back to were it was on release

This is a discussion on Please turn the help defense, and cutter help defense back to were it was on release within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2021, 12:16 PM   #1137
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Please turn the help defense, and cutter help defense back to were it was on rele

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
for the 191209329th time: offball pressure settings DO. NOT. WORK.
Jeez. Okay.
Old 12-18-2021, 04:53 PM   #1138
MVP

Re: Please turn the help defense, and cutter help defense back to were it was on rele

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoFri
Not sure what u guys are seeing. For me, I saw a bunch of help, silly and good ones by my AI teammates and CPU (see videos below). I did notice in one instance where help didnt come from cpu and I was able to go for a wide open lay-up. Didnt capture that ...

All these settings were set in gameplan for both cpu and user:
- off ball gap
- on ball gap
- go over and catch hedge (but cpu mainly just switched most of the time even at start of game before ACE kicks in)
- ACE on for both offense and defense
- pre-rotate Yes
- help and no rotation enabled
- double team on auto (only turned on in PHX gameplan against me, LAK)

This is last gen, All Star default sliders and default rosters with no edits.

Side note, the off ball screens were so effective that my AI Ellington couldnt fight through and allowed his man cpu Booker tons of open 3 opportunities. It could be due to his deficiency in defense rating.

https://twitter.com/jofri23/status/1...712558592?s=21

https://twitter.com/jofri23/status/1...630286337?s=21

https://twitter.com/jofri23/status/1...774789632?s=21

Clip #1 is the right idea, but idk why the help defender runs where he does and just stands there. Kind of weird.

Clip #2 looks nothing like #1 although they are relatively the same action. Help comes from the wrong side and there is no rotation from the second defender on the helpside.

Clip #3 the defender that steps in to tag the roll man isn’t the one that should be tagging.

Just a lot of errors in alot of places.
Old 12-19-2021, 07:15 AM   #1139
Old school

DaWolf's Arena

OVR: 8

In my opinion the help defense is in a very good spot right now. I see help on drives, cutter help, doubles etc. I hope this doesnt change.
Old 12-20-2021, 10:42 AM   #1140
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Hadn't played in probably a month. Honestly thought I was done with the game. Was bored yesterday and played a game and it was infinitely better than last time I played.
Old 12-22-2021, 12:16 PM   #1141
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaWolf
In my opinion the help defense is in a very good spot right now. I see help on drives, cutter help, doubles etc. I hope this doesnt change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
Hadn't played in probably a month. Honestly thought I was done with the game. Was bored yesterday and played a game and it was infinitely better than last time I played.
Are you guys seeing weak side help on pick-and-rolls? By far the biggest weakness of the game's defense IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2021, 10:00 AM   #1142
MVP

I haven’t played in a couple weeks since I’ve been on vacation but game was playing very good when I left.

The only imbalance now is CPU misses more shots than they did before and for some reason even with jump shot defensive strength sliders lowered to 10, I’m making a lot less contested shots than I was when it was at 25 before patch.

What’s weird is after the patch came out, with my same pre patch defensive sliders (50 for everything except jump shot strength sliders at 25) making contested shots was all of a sudden way too easy.

Then since defense got way nerfed after the patch, I had to raise all defensive sliders for CPU to compensate.

Currently I have CPU on ball defense/defensive consistency and awareness/ lateral quickness at 60, layup and close shot defensive strength for both sides at 60, help defense strength for both sides at 60, and jump shot defensive strength for both sides at 10.

With those settings I’m having a fairly tough time making contested shots. I kinda like it cause it’s not like they never go in, and it’s more challenging, but it feels almost like it did with standard sliders when you couldn’t make any. Kinda weird.
Old 12-23-2021, 01:34 PM   #1143
MVP

OVR: 15

Agreed, it seems like myself and the CPU are having a hard time hitting shots. Also if anyone know any setting I should change to get more fastbreaks I'm open to suggestions. I hardly see any fastbreaks or any players going coast to coast against a slow or weak defender
Old 02-11-2022, 04:45 PM   #1144
Rookie

I still find very easy to attack the basket, you just need a fast player to dunk/lay up whenever you want. The clip below is from today and it's on HOF difficulty.

I tried a lot - and i mean A LOT - of sliders settings but nothing seem to work, the CPU just doesn't know how to defend it. I even tried to contain myself not using the PNR, but fast players like Morant, Lamelo, Harden etc can get past defenders regardless. Very frustrating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »