Home

Nba 2k22 is way too hard .....ugh

This is a discussion on Nba 2k22 is way too hard .....ugh within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2021, 11:45 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Nba 2k22 is way too hard .....ugh

Since you’re on last gen, like me, I can say this game is hard… if you’re committed to trying to play realistically without abusing exploits.

If you’re trying to win, play style and exploits notwithstanding, then there’s aspects that can be easily abused (the pick and roll, as others mentioned).

I’ve also heard there may be some sliders that help get the game to a more functional and semi-realistic product.

However, all that aside, yeah, I feel your pain. It seems like I can’t play on-ball defense without expecting my teammates to be constantly beaten backdoor seven seconds into the shot clock. I struggle to get an edge on my defender without make huge looping maneuvers around them (unless I spam for an ankle breaker). And shooting feels very all-or-nothing with little middle ground.
Old 12-03-2021, 12:04 PM   #10
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

It just makes you a better player. My shot selection and creation skills have gone way up this year because you have to both work for it and work on it (we talking bout practice? Indeed lol).

I started out on Pro this year and now worked my way up to Superstar. I can get to the rim no problem. It's the mid range you have to scrap for, but the payoff is totally worth it (work on your stepbacks, spins, post moves etc).

Also +1 to turning off the shot meter. Best decision I ever made. Turned it off for the 1st time this year and haven't looked back. Shot percentage went up significantly, and best of all, I can keep my eyes focused on the action and task at hand.
Old 12-03-2021, 06:39 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 0

3 things were musts to me to get the hang of it:

Turn shot release sensitivity down to 30. Shot meter always off. Lower jump shot defensive sliders to 25 so I can actually make contested shots. Game changers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2021, 08:04 PM   #12
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pw_1016
I just bought this game last weekend on ps4. I started up a myleague with the Indiana Pacers and I am 2-8 playing on pro (the 2 games i won were games i simmed). I just lost to the Nets 93-38. I struggle to get open shots and when i do the shot meter says my release is late or very late. I can't get used to the shot meter...I struggled on 2k20 as well and i bought this game thinking the shot meter would be easier. I also can't seem to stop anyone on defense. The AI gets to the basket almost every time on me but I can rarely get an open layup on offense.

I took a break from 2k for like a month before buying this game and I am thinking it should have been longer.IT is not even fun to lose all the time like this. I am playing an 82 game season so i have time to turn things around.

How can i get better at the game? Do any of you find nba 2k22 to be incredibly hard, also?
i got it 2 weeks ago

and in 2k20 i score about 30 pt i had 10 ast a game and i won every game

now in 2k22 i score 15 pts 5 ast and i am 3-8 i can do everything but shoot in pratice i hit 10-10 shots but when i get a game its 3-10
Old 12-03-2021, 08:05 PM   #13
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gu8lal8
Turn the shot meter off (you can leave shot feedback on), go into freestyle mode and practice the releases from your players. Practice post fadeways & hooks, midrange floaters, moving/off the dribble midrange, 3 pointers and once you get the releases down, you'll be playing on Superstar and blowing teams out.

IMO it's the worst shot meter ever, I used to play with the shot meter on and turned everything off (meter, feedback, flash, ...), best decision I ever made, that bloody thing is never coming on again.
how do u turn shot meter off
Old 12-03-2021, 08:34 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerwoods
i got it 2 weeks ago

and in 2k20 i score about 30 pt i had 10 ast a game and i won every game

now in 2k22 i score 15 pts 5 ast and i am 3-8 i can do everything but shoot in pratice i hit 10-10 shots but when i get a game its 3-10
Lower contested jump shot strength sliders for both sides and you’ll see a lot more of those shots go in. Contested shots simply don’t go in in this game.
Old 12-03-2021, 09:45 PM   #15
Banned

I get open shots all the time but I still haven't gotten the timing down. I can't for the life of me figure out how to play defense, though. If I hold down L2 I square up on a defender and they blow by me, and if I don't hold down L2 and trey to stay close to like magnet-lock onto them my player moves around like they're on ice and I can't keep the defender in front of me.

Also, my teammate AI seems to get destroyed by picks 95% of the time and I can't ever figure out when they're gonna switch when I get a pick set on me and when I need to manually switch to that defender to pick up the coverage because when I do that then the guy I was just controlling doesn't switch off and the opponent has an open man they pass to for an easy bucket.

It's maddening. I wish there was a way to play the game like I remember back on like NBA 2K19 where I never had this problem back when I was playing on Superstar and had to keep adjusting sliders so I'd stop blowing out opponents.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2021, 10:30 PM   #16
MVP

I turn defensive assist and box assist up to 100. Too much of a PITA otherwise to me. Even with defensive assist at 100 my guys still slide around.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »